Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mimic 5.x for Krypton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
(2016-11-30, 00:24)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-30, 00:05)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi braz,

I'm actually moving from mim-ic 4.0.6 to mim-ic 5.0.0 inside current Nightly of Kodi 17. In the first post I saw the screenshot reporting a "Games" menu...is the skin now supporting some games addon (e.g. Advanced Launcher or Rom Collection Browser) or whatelse?

Thanks in advance for any explaination and, as usual, for your amazing work!
Give Advanced Emulation Launcher a try. I have my Windows games setup and a widget pointing to the script's favorites node.

Ok, thanks! I will give it a try for sure! Does mim-ic 5.0.0 support the visualization of Advanced Emulator Launcher metedata/information?
(2016-11-30, 00:30)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-30, 00:24)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-30, 00:05)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi braz,

I'm actually moving from mim-ic 4.0.6 to mim-ic 5.0.0 inside current Nightly of Kodi 17. In the first post I saw the screenshot reporting a "Games" menu...is the skin now supporting some games addon (e.g. Advanced Launcher or Rom Collection Browser) or whatelse?

Thanks in advance for any explaination and, as usual, for your amazing work!
Give Advanced Emulation Launcher a try. I have my Windows games setup and a widget pointing to the script's favorites node.

Ok, thanks! I will give it a try for sure! Does mim-ic 5.0.0 support the visualization of Advanced Emulator Launcher metedata/information?
Not so much, Mimic makes 2 views available that display fanart and icons. Pressing info displays the game description. I don't have any emulators that scrape all the additional info.
I just added a default menu item for Games to Mimic on github. It will show up when you have Advanced Emulator Launcher installed and will show the plugin's favourites node as the widget.
(2016-11-30, 00:33)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Not so much, Mimic makes 2 views available that display fanart and icons. Pressing info displays the game description. I don't have any emulators that scrape all the additional info.

Braz, AEL 0.9.5 will support import/export of metadata and assets for ROM collections. I can share with you my Sonic collection (or any other collection), which contains about 15 ROMs with full metadata and assets and you can import it easily with the context menu in your machine. All metadata/assets are packed in a couple of JSON files.

Also, asset scrapers should work for your LNK ROMs. Tell me if you have any issues with that.
When browsing movie by genre a lot of genre doesnt display icon. I think the problem come from using kodi in french, because the only genre that have icon are the one that have the same word in english and french. Image
(2016-11-30, 20:35)mac1202 Wrote: [ -> ]When browsing movie by genre a lot of genre doesnt display icon. I think the problem come from using kodi in french, because the only genre that have icon are the one that have the same word in english and french.
Yeah, that's a known issue. It's because it's matching the label to the filename. Only way to solve it would be to create duplicate files with French names. Rather than the skin include files for every language, probably better if users adjust the genre icons to match their language. You can find them in the skin's extras folder.
Thank for your answer, doing symlink did the trick.
(2016-11-30, 18:41)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-30, 00:33)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Not so much, Mimic makes 2 views available that display fanart and icons. Pressing info displays the game description. I don't have any emulators that scrape all the additional info.

Braz, AEL 0.9.5 will support import/export of metadata and assets for ROM collections. I can share with you my Sonic collection (or any other collection), which contains about 15 ROMs with full metadata and assets and you can import it easily with the context menu in your machine. All metadata/assets are packed in a couple of JSON files.

Also, asset scrapers should work for your LNK ROMs. Tell me if you have any issues with that.
Thanks, if you can send me a collection I'll play around with some new views.

I've never been able to get the scrapers to download artwork for my lnk games, will try it again when I have a chance.
(2016-11-29, 05:38)dgm1960 Wrote: [ -> ]Amazing skin! Thank you for your hard work.
Thanks, glad you like it. Smile
(2016-12-01, 00:48)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-30, 18:41)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks, if you can send me a collection I'll play around with some new views.

I've never been able to get the scrapers to download artwork for my lnk games, will try it again when I have a chance.

Guys, I'm just extremely happy to see that you started to collaborate! From my personal view, having Mimic supporting AEL will be just the perfect mix! I will be of course available to test...
Now I've got your latest version installed is it possible to add the following to the view of music which is playing in a playlist

the total length of the current playlist
the elapsed time of the currently playing track

and as much info as possible about the currently highlighted track (normally the currently playing track)
title,album,year, track number, genre etc

the confluence skin pretty much does this with the media info view.
(2016-12-01, 18:01)tkgafs Wrote: [ -> ]Now I've got your latest version installed is it possible to add the following to the view of music which is playing in a playlist

the total length of the current playlist
the elapsed time of the currently playing track

and as much info as possible about the currently highlighted track (normally the currently playing track)
title,album,year, track number, genre etc

the confluence skin pretty much does this with the media info view.
I added some of what you're looking for. List view is going to provide the most information.
Hello braz,

As a Mim-ic follower since the 3.x version, I have "played" a little with this new one.

I love it! I really like the more streight approach you used for the skin, using the same clear and homogeneous look when displaying the posters, episode snapshots, add-on icons, the album covers and (amazing!) the games (I'm referring to the widgets displayed for the home screen menu).

The only thing that I would like to say is that, at least for me, the skin has lost part of the flexiblity I was actually loving in the previous versions. In particular I would really like to see back the fact that widgets are not always on or off, but making them appear when pressing the up arrow. In addition to that, having said that I like the new widget style, I would prefer just to have one row instead of two (in other words, two rows just cover completely the background of the menu...that is a pity). As an example please refer to the following picture:

I think that it would be really more nice to have just one bottom row to give a more ordered look and leaving space for the background too. About the background, I was also wondering if it would be possible ta add an option to remove (or, even better, to regulate the transparency of) the grey layer over it. This would apply also in some views options for movies, albums, etc. (in the following image I would prefer to clearly see, or at least less grey, the background):

Please note that mine are just suggestions and not criticisms! Wink I really hope you can take them into account.
@axlt2002

Thanks, glad you like it! I think I could do some of that in a sane way, stay tuned.
(2016-12-02, 16:41)braz Wrote: [ -> ]@axlt2002

Thanks, glad you like it! I think I could do some of that in a sane way, stay tuned.

Thanks! Rofl
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48