Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mimic 5.x for Krypton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
I have a little bug, I use the horizontal menu and time to time the menu switch back to vertical menu. The widget keep the size they have in horizontal menu so it introduce some glitch (screenshot n°2). Changing the setting doesn't have any effect the only way to have the horizontal menu back is to close and restart kodi.

(2017-01-05, 13:13)mac1202 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a little bug, I use the horizontal menu and time to time the menu switch back to vertical menu. The widget keep the size they have in horizontal menu so it introduce some glitch (screenshot n°2). Changing the setting doesn't have any effect the only way to have the horizontal menu back is to close and restart kodi.
Hmm, looks like the skin's Settings.xml is corrupted, possibly during an update from an earlier version or a backup/restore that went wrong. If you send me your Settings.xml, I'll take a look. Other option is to remove the file and restart Kodi. You'll have to reset your skin settings, but your menu should stay intact.

/userdata/addon_data/skin.mimic/
(2017-01-05, 16:34)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, looks like the skin's Settings.xml is corrupted, possibly during an update from an earlier version or a backup/restore that went wrong. If you send me your Settings.xml, I'll take a look. Other option is to remove the file and restart Kodi. You'll have to reset your skin settings, but your menu should stay intact.

Here's the file https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxk_WaK...sp=sharing
(2017-01-05, 18:25)mac1202 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-05, 16:34)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, looks like the skin's Settings.xml is corrupted, possibly during an update from an earlier version or a backup/restore that went wrong. If you send me your Settings.xml, I'll take a look. Other option is to remove the file and restart Kodi. You'll have to reset your skin settings, but your menu should stay intact.

Here's the file https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxk_WaK...sp=sharing
At first glance, file looks fine. I'll check closer tonight. Will also use the horizontal menu for a while and see if I can reproduce the issue.
Ok i delete the file will see if it s occurs again.
(2017-01-05, 18:52)mac1202 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok i delete the file will see if it s occurs again.
Make sure you keep it somewhere in case you want to restore it.
Hi braz,

Thank you for all your excellent work. I installed Krypton yesterday, I am using the last Mimic release from the Kodi repo. I have mixed feelings about this version.

As for app discovery, it is good to have the "Estuary"-sh main screen, it helps getting to your content without prior knowledge of the UI.
As for aesthetics, however, I really miss the clean and uncluttered look or Mimic 3. It was the centerpiece decoration of my living room, now it got functional with all the knobs and switches.
I wonder if it would be possible to go a bit back towards that scandinavian, clean look:

The scrolling area has a top/bottom padding, I find this unnatural. It would be good if the items in the padding would fade in/out as the scrolling area gets/loses the focus.

Most items (e.g. widget items) have a dark background with a grey border. I wonder if the border could be turned off, so the items would have a flatter, simpler look.

And I really miss those skinny capital letters in the main menu.
(2017-01-06, 13:53)vgabor Wrote: [ -> ]Hi braz,

Thank you for all your excellent work. I installed Krypton yesterday, I am using the last Mimic release from the Kodi repo. I have mixed feelings about this version.

As for app discovery, it is good to have the "Estuary"-sh main screen, it helps getting to your content without prior knowledge of the UI.
As for aesthetics, however, I really miss the clean and uncluttered look or Mimic 3. It was the centerpiece decoration of my living room, now it got functional with all the knobs and switches.
I wonder if it would be possible to go a bit back towards that scandinavian, clean look:

IMHO mimic is the best balance between clean, lightweight and functionality, customization.

(2017-01-06, 13:53)vgabor Wrote: [ -> ]Most items (e.g. widget items) have a dark background with a grey border. I wonder if the border could be turned off, so the items would have a flatter, simpler look.

Someone already ask this and the answer was no.

(2017-01-06, 13:53)vgabor Wrote: [ -> ]And I really miss those skinny capital letters in the main menu.
You can manually edit the label of the main menu item so you just have to write them to capital letters.
And you can also try to change the font to something that match you taste.
(2017-01-06, 15:25)mac1202 Wrote: [ -> ]IMHO mimic is the best balance between clean, lightweight and functionality, customization.

Agreed.

(2017-01-06, 15:25)mac1202 Wrote: [ -> ]Someone already ask this and the answer was no.

Probably it's no harm to agree with that opinion too... As proved many times before, braz listens to feedback and requests.

(2017-01-06, 15:25)mac1202 Wrote: [ -> ]You can manually edit the label of the main menu item so you just have to write them to capital letters.
The titles are also displayed on other places too (e.g. header line), uppercase is not needed there.
Just pushed a small change to github that uses the background color for the background of the thumbnail views, including widgets. So the widget backgrounds are not as dark as they were before and will blend in a little more with the background. I know it's not much, but it's something. Wink

I've been trying to figure out a way to use the Wall view style for the widgets. It's not so easy to make the various art (poster, landscape, square) look consistent using a panel though. It's much easier in Estuary where the widgets are a single row and run off the screen. Will keep thinking about it...
Thank you, I like this. I am tweaking the colors now.
Thanks for thinking about a Wall style solution... I *knew* you would Wink I hope it works out.
(2016-11-30, 20:51)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-30, 20:35)mac1202 Wrote: [ -> ]When browsing movie by genre a lot of genre doesnt display icon. I think the problem come from using kodi in french, because the only genre that have icon are the one that have the same word in english and french.
Yeah, that's a known issue. It's because it's matching the label to the filename. Only way to solve it would be to create duplicate files with French names. Rather than the skin include files for every language, probably better if users adjust the genre icons to match their language. You can find them in the skin's extras folder.
I wonder where to get the translations of the genres, though. I can figure out the ones I already have, but that list is not complete. Where do you get your genre list from? Maybe I can find the translations there.
(2017-01-06, 23:50)vgabor Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-30, 20:51)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-30, 20:35)mac1202 Wrote: [ -> ]When browsing movie by genre a lot of genre doesnt display icon. I think the problem come from using kodi in french, because the only genre that have icon are the one that have the same word in english and french.
Yeah, that's a known issue. It's because it's matching the label to the filename. Only way to solve it would be to create duplicate files with French names. Rather than the skin include files for every language, probably better if users adjust the genre icons to match their language. You can find them in the skin's extras folder.
I wonder where to get the translations of the genres, though. I can figure out the ones I already have, but that list is not complete. Where do you get your genre list from? Maybe I can find the translations there.
Try here: https://www.themoviedb.org
Having an issue with the keyboard autocompletion script. It's very inconsistent. Sometimes I can click a. Option once and it will populate immediately...other times I have to mash my select button like 50 times before it works. Any chance for a solution? Happens on every skin I use on kodi 17. Using the rc 3 nightly.
(2017-01-08, 06:09)jmurph116 Wrote: [ -> ]Having an issue with the keyboard autocompletion script. It's very inconsistent. Sometimes I can click a. Option once and it will populate immediately...other times I have to mash my select button like 50 times before it works. Any chance for a solution? Happens on every skin I use on kodi 17. Using the rc 3 nightly.
Haven't noticed that here, but if it's happening on every skin, then it's not a skin issue. There isn't a thread specifically for that addon, so you could try creating an issue on github and posting a link to your debug log.

https://github.com/phil65/plugin.program.autocompletion
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48