Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mimic 5.x for Krypton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
(2017-02-09, 14:04)Scotsmania Wrote: [ -> ]I have shows with no episodes in the folders set up in settings not to appear in the library, however when i first enter TV Shows for example those empty ones are listed in the library. They do disappear when i click on any random show then then back out again, but they just show up again if i exit TV shows completely then go back in again.

I tested with the default Estuary skin and it doesn't have that behaviour, they don't show up period in that one which is how it should be.
I've noticed this too, assumed it was a Kodi issue. If I delete the local folder for the empty show and clean the database, the folder comes back later. So don't think it's a skin issue, unless someone else can point out what it is.

Update: Figured out that cleaning the video library doesn't remove those shows with no episodes. Don't know if this is a bug or intended behavior. Once I manually removed them using the context menu, they didn't come back.
(2017-02-09, 14:24)mac1202 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-25, 03:46)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Moved some of the script.skinshortcuts buttons to a context menu. So if you're editing your menus and don't see all of the options, that's where they are now.

Thanks,

well that makes it complicated Confused, especially if you're coming from antoher skin wich have all those options without the context menu
(2017-02-07, 00:03)shaneypoopers Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,

I see the skin updated and there is now a plays recording action but it doesn't seem to be selectable?
Just fixed this on github.
I seem to recall someone asking for pvr widgets, just added a couple for pvr channels and recordings.
Hi Braz,

Since Krypton or Mimic 5 I have problems with the full screen music visualization. Each time I restart Kodi, the default is set back to Fanart. But during the session I selected Artist Slideshow as my favorite and that script plays well during that session. Till I restart Kodi, then it is Fanart back again. Can you have a look at the log-files? For me as an user, it looks like that my selection is not saved to the config-files.

In session 0 I enabled debug logging, and then restarted Kodi

In session 1: log1
- I started playing music
- By default Fanart is shown in Mimic in my case.
- I select visualization option, and select Artist Slideshow.
- Go to full screen, and the background shows correctly the AS images
- exit Kodi

In session 2: log2
- restart Kodi
- Again the default Fanart is shown by Kodi/Mimic. I supposed AS should be working here
- I select visualization option. Again Fanart is selected (and not Artist Slideshow which I selected in session 1), and select Artist Slideshow. again
- exit Kodi

I hope you can find what the problem is. If AS is selected as visualization, to which (config) file is that info written to?

Thanks for looking! Michel
(2017-02-13, 11:10)mhdebokx Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Braz,

Since Krypton or Mimic 5 I have problems with the full screen music visualization. Each time I restart Kodi, the default is set back to Fanart. But during the session I selected Artist Slideshow as my favorite and that script plays well during that session. Till I restart Kodi, then it is Fanart back again. Can you have a look at the log-files? For me as an user, it looks like that my selection is not saved to the config-files.

In session 0 I enabled debug logging, and then restarted Kodi

In session 1: log1
- By default Fanart is shown in Mimic in my case.
- I select visualization option, and select Artist Slideshow.
- exit Kodi

In session 2: log2
- restart Kodi
- Again the default Fanart is shown by Kodi/Mimic. I supposed AS should be working here
- I select visualization option. Again Fanart is selected (and not Artist Slideshow which I selected in session 1), and select Artist Slideshow. again
- exit Kodi

I hope you can find what the problem is. If AS is selected as visualization, to which (config) file is that info written to?

Thanks for looking! Michel
I fixed this for OMNI, need to do the same for Mimic. Thanks for the reminder.

Update: Should now be fixed on github...
Hi Braz,

Probably a silly question, but without combining main menu and submenu, how do you make it so submenus load on a vertical menu when you press OK (enter or select) on a menu item rather than pressing the left arrow? I tried adding a 'submenu' action for each item but no luck.

Family is coming from another skin since Krypton upgrade and hard to get them used to this.

Thank you for your help and the great skin!
(2017-02-16, 00:45)plonk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Braz,

Probably a silly question, but without combining main menu and submenu, how do you make it so submenus load on a vertical menu when you press OK (enter or select) on a menu item rather than pressing the left arrow? I tried adding a 'submenu' action for each item but no luck.

Family is coming from another skin since Krypton upgrade and hard to get them used to this.

Thank you for your help and the great skin!
Sorry, the only way to get submenu to display when clicking the main menu is to turn on the skin setting to combine menus.
Hi,

Since Krypton and Mimic 5 I can not backup my Mimic skin settings to USB key like I used to do. I installed the "script.skin.helper.skinbackup" from https://github.com/marcelveldt/repositor...-1.0.1.zip.

Is this function still available to backup and restore to/from USB key (or Shared Network Drive) or is the beta repo not supporting this yet? and while I'm here, is it OK to restore settings from an older Mimic version (the one before krypton)? I had setup my Mimic skin with menus and submenus and don't want to have to redo the whole thing again.

Thanks for all the hard work braz

Smile
Hey Braz,

First, a huge thank you for Mimic! Its a great skin.

I have a question regarding the default views in Music. I'd like all Artist folders to be Slim + 2 Column view and all Albums to be set to Thumbnail view. Is there a way to set that for all folders in Music?

Edit: I'm an idiot, I guess. Now its just doing exactly what I want.

Thanks again!
@fram1963

Backup is handled by the script, no idea if it allows saving to USB.

I'd be careful about restoring settings from Mimic 3.x, you may run into issues. It's untested on my end.
Hi braz

I've been playing with OMNI lately, comparing it with mimic. OMNI's great, but I'm preferring mimic -- probably because I prefer words over pictures! Smile

One thing I did like about OMNI was the System Info widget. Any chance of it (or something similar) being made for mimic?

~Jondar
(2017-02-18, 03:47)Jondar Wrote: [ -> ]Hi braz

I've been playing with OMNI lately, comparing it with mimic. OMNI's great, but I'm preferring mimic -- probably because I prefer words over pictures! Smile

One thing I did like about OMNI was the System Info widget. Any chance of it (or something similar) being made for mimic?

~Jondar
Thanks!

Not likely bringing the system info widget to Mimic, because widgets have to work with a horizontal and vertical menu here. And there's no list view for widgets in Mimic.
(2017-02-18, 23:05)Micr0driv3 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I Registerd on this Forum because of this error.

Same Error ob Mimic 4.x and Mimic 5.x

If I Play from IPTV Source and get back to TV Guide, i only See this Black Screen with Video and mitgibt Else.

Any Idea?

Sorry for my Bad english [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
Others have reported this, sounds more like a script or Kodi issue. Can't reproduce here...
hey,

really love the new version, i just get this one anooying error when im in my musi library > artists > artist name > info > youtube, when its an official video, like vivo, i get error no youtube id found.

excerpt from the log
Code:
14:13:56.116 T:139737274107648   DEBUG: script.extendedinfo: version 5.6.0 started
14:13:56.116 T:139737274107648   DEBUG: script.extendedinfo: youtubevideo
14:13:56.116 T:139737274107648   DEBUG: script.extendedinfo: {
                                                "handle": 5,
                                                "id": "YQHsXMglC9A"
                                            }
14:13:56.128 T:139737379759872   DEBUG: Thread scriptobs 139737379759872 terminating
14:13:56.128 T:139739640007936   ERROR: PlayMedia could not play media: plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=youtubevideo&&id=YQHsXMglC9A

i can pastebin the whole thing if necessary
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48