Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mimic 5.x for Krypton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-07-13, 05:50)Jondar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-13, 05:22)braz Wrote: [ -> ]1) Will have to look into the Outline HD weather icons, no idea why they wouldn't be working...

2) This is fixed by the latest script.skin.helper.service on github.

Thanks for the reply! I've updated script.skin.helper.service and point 2 is resolved. No rush on point 1 Smile

~Jondar
Are you still having issues with the Outline HD weather icon pack? Seems to be working fine here...
(2016-07-18, 09:34)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-13, 05:50)Jondar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-13, 05:22)braz Wrote: [ -> ]1) Will have to look into the Outline HD weather icons, no idea why they wouldn't be working...

Thanks for the reply! I've updated script.skin.helper.service and point 2 is resolved. No rush on point 1 Smile

~Jondar
Are you still having issues with the Outline HD weather icon pack? Seems to be working fine here...

I'm still having problems with it. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, with no effect. All the other icon sets I've tried work OK.

Here's a debug log that I hope will help you.

~Jondar
Hi braz just installed the latest mimic 5 from git work really great just a few little downside from previous version.

In previous version the "pvr - channel" widget displayed the epg information now it's gone wich is really inconvenient.
mimic 4 Image
mimic 5 Image

In mimic 3 there was a lot of available view to display your extensions list now in kodi 4/5 there just a few remaining are you planning to reintroduce the missing view or you made the choice to reduce the number of view in the last version ?
(2016-07-19, 10:58)Jondar Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still having problems with it. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, with no effect. All the other icon sets I've tried work OK.

Here's a debug log that I hope will help you.

~Jondar
Other than trying a newer Kodi nightly, I'm not sure what else to suggest. Don't see anything in the log that would give me a clue. Haven't been able to reproduce the issue.
(2016-07-19, 19:29)mac1202 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi braz just installed the latest mimic 5 from git work really great just a few little downside from previous version.

In previous version the "pvr - channel" widget displayed the epg information now it's gone wich is really inconvenient.

In mimic 3 there was a lot of available view to display your extensions list now in kodi 4/5 there just a few remaining are you planning to reintroduce the missing view or you made the choice to reduce the number of view in the last version ?
Thanks for the report, I don't use the PVR widgets so hadn't noticed this. Changed the widget label so PVR widgets will show the title rather than the label. Available on github.

Not sure what you mean by "extensions." Other than removing a few views like Poster and ShowCase, not much has changed in available views. If you're referring to home screen options, those will not be coming back. The home screen in Mimic 4.x is just too complex and it was getting difficult to maintain. There are fewer moving parts now and I think Mimic 5.x has a more sane level of customization.
(2016-07-20, 03:22)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Other than trying a newer Kodi nightly, I'm not sure what else to suggest. Don't see anything in the log that would give me a clue. Haven't been able to reproduce the issue.

Then I'm stumped too! I've tried the latest Kodi nightly, and the latest mimic 5.0 build, and the issue still persists for me. *shrug*

Also, latest Kodi nightly + latest mimic had difficulties installing addons, there was no Install link visible on the info page for addons, and all the options were disabled/greyed out. Had to switch back to Estuary to install addons

~Jondar
(2016-07-20, 03:28)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure what you mean by "extensions." Other than removing a few views like Poster and ShowCase, not much has changed in available views. If you're referring to home screen options, those will not be coming back. The home screen in Mimic 4.x is just too complex and it was getting difficult to maintain. There are fewer moving parts now and I think Mimic 5.x has a more sane level of customization.

I m talking about the video extension page where i can browse all video extension i had installed. In mimic 3.x all view were available now as you can see on the screenshot there only 3 left
(2016-07-20, 11:12)Jondar Wrote: [ -> ]Also, latest Kodi nightly + latest mimic had difficulties installing addons, there was no Install link visible on the info page for addons, and all the options were disabled/greyed out. Had to switch back to Estuary to install addons

~Jondar
Thanks for reporting, this is now fixed on github.
(2016-07-20, 11:59)mac1202 Wrote: [ -> ]I m talking about the video extension page where i can browse all video extension i had installed. In mimic 3.x all view were available now as you can see on the screenshot there only 3 left
The number of available views depends on where you're viewing addons from. From the video library there are only 3 views, from the music library 4 views, and from the addon browser and programs 5 views. No plans to add additional views for video addons at the moment, as I primarily use Thumbnail. And it's a pain adding views for addons in the video library because most of the existing views are designed for posters, not square thumbnails.
Redesigned the addon info dialog to match the video/music info dialogs and added support for the new screenshots feature.

(2016-07-20, 11:12)Jondar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-20, 03:22)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Other than trying a newer Kodi nightly, I'm not sure what else to suggest. Don't see anything in the log that would give me a clue. Haven't been able to reproduce the issue.

Then I'm stumped too! I've tried the latest Kodi nightly, and the latest mimic 5.0 build, and the issue still persists for me. *shrug*

As a test, I've just installed the icons from your github repo, and they work fine, but the addon in the repo doesn't work for me. Makes me wonder if somehow, the addon on the repo is bad?

~Jondar
Hi in current git version of kodi they readded the video process info window https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10166
Apparently skin need some modification to support it. When you have some time could you take a look a it.
(2016-08-01, 15:57)mac1202 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi in current git version of kodi they readded the video process info window https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10166
Apparently skin need some modification to support it. When you have some time could you take a look a it.
I've already implemented the display of those infolabels, along with a skin setting to enable them. That was before they added the new xml dialog though, will see if there is any benefit to adding that...

Just find the setting to enable it, nice Smile
Hi on latest git version of kodi I can no longer access this section of the settings.

I think it's related to this commit > https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/90d5...900f048f1e