Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mimic 5.x for Krypton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Support was for Mimic, not that.
You asked "What addon are you using that has an option to change the notification display?"
Hey braz,

I am experiencing a problem with Home Menu Settings, pressing 'C' does not activate the context menu to disable/delete/rearrange the main menu items.

*note: I do not have the superfavourites addon installed... I have tried clean installs of both Kryton Aplha 3 and yesterdays nightly build and neither seem to activate the 'C' context menu.

Not sure if you changed something or it's a kodi issue, but thought I should let you know.

On another note, what does the rounded textures do? re: Latest Git push.... i am only seeing pixilated badly rounded menu background selectuons in the skin settings menu list to the left.

Sent from my iPhone
EDIT: previous post resolved once I updated Skin Shortcuts and Skin Helper from via Marcels Emby beta repo

Sent from my iPhone
Did it also fix the "pixilated badly rounded menu background selectuons" ? I still have it after update.
(2016-08-16, 21:33)mac1202 Wrote: [ -> ]Did it also fix the "pixilated badly rounded menu background selectuons" ? I still have it after update.

Nope, doubt it's related... My guess is it's a guru braz skin fix for that one [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

Sent from my iPhone
Hi braz, hope it's ok to post this here... I've taken your mimic on a rather minimalist road trip (purely for my own needs), but I've hit a slight road block and was wondering if you might advise...

I would like to add an arrow to denote when a submenu is available from the main menu. hopefully the screenshot may assist what I am trying to achieve.

no worries if your busy.

thanks for keeping mimic so spanking awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-08-16, 21:33)mac1202 Wrote: [ -> ]Did it also fix the "pixilated badly rounded menu background selectuons" ? I still have it after update.

You sure you have the latest mimic from github? You may need to post a screenshot, I'm not aware of any issues.

Just thinking, do you have an .xbt file from a previous version in mimic's media folder? You may need to remove that.

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-08-16, 21:53)stueeey Wrote: [ -> ]Hi braz, hope it's ok to post this here... I've taken your mimic on a rather minimalist road trip (purely for my own needs), but I've hit a slight road block and was wondering if you might advise...

I would like to add an arrow to denote when a submenu is available from the main menu. hopefully the screenshot may assist what I am trying to achieve.

no worries if your busy.

thanks for keeping mimic so spanking awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone
No problem...check the code for the main menu in Mimic 3.x. I believe there used to be a white flag in the corner of the main menu items when there was a submenu available.
(2016-08-17, 01:38)braz Wrote: [ -> ]You sure you have the latest mimic from github? You may need to post a screenshot, I'm not aware of any issues.

Just thinking, do you have an .xbt file from a previous version in mimic's media folder? You may need to remove that.

Sent from my iPhone

Fixed by deleting skin.mimic-kodi18 folder and reinstalling latest git.
Haven't been posting many updates, but that doesn't mean I haven't been pushing changes to Github, as some of you have discovered. Along with the slightly rounded corners (based on Jurial Munkey's Arctic Zephyr), the main menu has been redesigned (see below).

(2016-08-20, 01:47)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Haven't been posting many updates, but that doesn't mean I haven't been pushing changes to Github, as some of you have discovered. Along with the slightly rounded corners (based on Jurial Munkey's Arctic Zephyr), the main menu has been redesigned

Just tried the git build based on commit 392b7dc with Krypton Alpha3.

A few things I noticed:

1: A graphics glitch: the "Supported Addons" dialog in Settings-Skin-Advanced has a mucked up highlight.

2: Are the context menus for Video Library views meant to be not centered? Was slightly surprised to see them in different positions.

3: In the side Options Menu, are on/off indicators only meant to show the word "Off" and not "On"?

Apart from that, I'm still liking where you're going with this skin. Smile

~Jondar
(2016-08-21, 08:56)Jondar Wrote: [ -> ]Just tried the git build based on commit 392b7dc with Krypton Alpha3.

A few things I noticed:

1: A graphics glitch: the "Supported Addons" dialog in Settings-Skin-Advanced has a mucked up highlight.

2: Are the context menus for Video Library views meant to be not centered? Was slightly surprised to see them in different positions.

3: In the side Options Menu, are on/off indicators only meant to show the word "Off" and not "On"?

Apart from that, I'm still liking where you're going with this skin. Smile

~Jondar
1. Thanks, will fix that.
2. Not sure what is going on with context menus in latest nightlies. I tried to reposition them in some places, only to find that messed them up in other places. Will investigate more.
3. I believe this was a bug in Kodi that has since been fixed.
I got a little question searching throught the menu I found one to download animated movie poster, restarted kodi I m unable to find it again. Does this menu exist or this was just a dream Smile
(2016-09-07, 16:03)mac1202 Wrote: [ -> ]I got a little question searching throught the menu I found one to download animated movie poster, restarted kodi I m unable to find it again. Does this menu exist or this was just a dream Smile
Probably just a dream if you're talking about Mimic. Smile I've never tried anything with animated posters or fanart, it's not something I'm interested in.
posted in wrong forum (Mimic 4). Lets try again in the correct forum.

Default Widgets-----PVR Channels has stopped showing (using as widget). PVR Channels (with artwork) still works (as widget). Is it a Kodi or Skin problem. I stay up to date with Kodi 17 Nightlies and Mimic 5 git. I'm using script.skin.helper.service-1.0.107, Kodi 17 20160913-8d4a5bb and the newest Mimic 5 from git.

I believe it started happening with your latest PVR dialog adjustment? I stepped back a version with skin helper service, same result. I didn't save Mimic 5 previous git before current git.