Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mimic 5.x for Krypton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-10-04, 17:45)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-04, 08:30)stueeey Wrote: [ -> ]looks great braz... loving the big ratings!! great move Smile

typie typie on iPhone
Thanks! Rearranged it a bit, and now available on github.

cheers braz, shall give it a whirl tonight... thanks for your continued mimic support it is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone
Your skin isn't available any more on transifex xbmc-skins?

And is it possible to update the languages? On Github all languages expect english are older than 6-7 months.

Just asking as there some strings in the current version which are untranslated for me.
(2016-10-07, 09:06)archiv Wrote: [ -> ]Your skin isn't available any more on transifex xbmc-skins?

And is it possible to update the languages? On Github all languages expect english are older than 6-7 months.

Just asking as there some strings in the current version which are untranslated for me.
I can't login to my Transifex account at the moment, but as far as I know, Mimic is still on there. The issue is likely that Mimic 5 is currently in its own branch which is not tracked by Transifex.

After Mimic 4 is released and Mimic 5 become master, you should be able to translate the strings for Mimic 5.
@ braz:

Thank you so much for Mimic, it's really great!

After having struggeled so much with Estuary and it's small fonts and so on, I just discovered Mimic and have to say it's so much better than Estuary, IMHO Mimic should be the new default skin for KODI, not Estuary:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2437590

Anyway, at first I tested Mimic from the KODI 17 repo.

Now I've also tested Mimic 5 from GitHub.

In another post I noticed that you mentioned/advertised the new rounded corners:

(2016-08-20, 01:47)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Along with the slightly rounded corners (based on Jurial Munkey's Arctic Zephyr), the main menu has been redesigned (see below).

But I have to say the old square corners looked better IMHO.

Is there any way to return to the square corners?

(2016-08-10, 08:48)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, so I recently simplified the fonts in Mimic, allowing me to more easily add new ones. The skin should now work well in a variety of languages. In addition to the languages supported by Arial, the following fonts are included:

Assistant (Hebrew)
Catamaran (Tamil)
Changa (Arabic)
Jaldi (Hindi)
Kanit (Thai, Vietnamese)
NotoSerif
Roboto
Sawasdee (Thai)

Let me know if you find any alignment issues with any of the fonts.

Maybe you can also add Noto Sans, which supports all languages:

https://developers.googleblog.com/2016/1...ryone.html

Wink
Thanks qp, glad you like it!

There is a theme for the square corners, but it doesn't get built when installing from github. I'll see about uploading the compressed textures somewhere.

I'll see about adding NotoSans, but it doesn't support every language in a single font file. There are separate files for each language, so there's no way I'm going to add them all.

Update: Added the NotoSans-Regular font, available on github. Also temporarily added the Square theme's compressed textures. I'll remove it when Mimic 5 is pushed to the Kodi repo.
If anyone wants support for their language in Kodi, the easiest way to do it is to download your language's NotoSans font file from Google.

https://www.google.com/get/noto/

Then rename it to NotoSans-Regular.ttf and place it in the skin's /fonts folder.
(2016-10-16, 17:02)braz Wrote: [ -> ]There is a theme for the square corners, but it doesn't get built when installing from github. I'll see about uploading the compressed textures somewhere.

Update: Also temporarily added the Square theme's compressed textures. I'll remove it when Mimic 5 is pushed to the Kodi repo.

Could you please elaborate what you mean with "I'll remove it when Mimic 5 is pushed to the Kodi repo."?

Also, maybe you could add an option to toggle between square corners and round corners?
(2016-10-16, 21:20)qp9013625 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-16, 17:02)braz Wrote: [ -> ]There is a theme for the square corners, but it doesn't get built when installing from github. I'll see about uploading the compressed textures somewhere.

Update: Also temporarily added the Square theme's compressed textures. I'll remove it when Mimic 5 is pushed to the Kodi repo.

Could you please elaborate what you mean with "I'll remove it when Mimic 5 is pushed to the Kodi repo."?

Also, maybe you could add an option to toggle between square corners and round corners?
I just mean there will be no need for that Square.xbt file when Mimic 5 is in the repo as it will then be automatically built when installing the skin.

No, there won't be any skin settings for toggling the corners. You can select the Square theme in the same interface dialog where you choose the font.
Latest git will not install. Using latest nightly.
(2016-10-24, 14:06)tteckster Wrote: [ -> ]Latest git will not install. Using latest nightly.
Going to need a lot more details than that.
(2016-10-24, 14:26)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-24, 14:06)tteckster Wrote: [ -> ]Latest git will not install. Using latest nightly.

It just says "Failed to install add-on from zip file". Other zips install fine. Re-downloaded and tried again, not installing.
(2016-10-24, 15:07)tteckster Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-24, 14:26)braz Wrote: [ -> ]

It just says "Failed to install add-on from zip file". Other zips install fine. Re-downloaded and tried again, not installing.
I'll look into it. For now, you can try installing from the repo and then manually over writing the skin files with the ones from GitHub.
(2016-10-24, 15:22)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-24, 15:07)tteckster Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-24, 14:26)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Going to need a lot more details than that.

I'll look into it. For now, you can try installing from the repo and then manually over writing the skin files with the ones from GitHub.

Thanks. I'm still using previous git. I just like to stay up to date with your improvements. Smile
Still can't install after cleanup?
(2016-10-25, 12:58)tteckster Wrote: [ -> ]Still can't install after cleanup?
Post a link to your debug log or manually replace the skin files.