Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Assign "Favorites" as key?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I have Flirc USB receiver with Win7 and running Jarvis 16. I was reading about the keymap.xml file modifications but can't seem to find anything about how to map the Favorites (star icon) to my Flirc and/or to my universal remote. Can someone please help me out or point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
You need to map a key to XBMC.ActivateWindow(Favourites)

EG

PHP Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <
keyboard>
       <
keyname>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Favourites)</keyname>
    </
keyboard>
  </global>
</
keymap
(2016-05-16, 21:56)black_eagle Wrote: [ -> ]You need to map a key to XBMC.ActivateWindow(Favourites)

EG

PHP Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <
keyboard>
       <
keyname>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Favourites)</keyname>
    </
keyboard>
  </global>
</
keymap

Thanks for the quick reply. I found this in another thread where I think 61510 is the "f" key. Is the below also correct? I guess the reason im asking is that your example above doesn't have key id tags. (sorry not much of an xml'er). Thanks.

<keymap><global><keyboard><key id="61510">activatewindow(favourites)</key></keyboard></global></keymap>
(2016-05-16, 22:14)nealsil Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the quick reply. I found this in another thread where I think 61510 is the "f" key. Is the below also correct? I guess the reason im asking is that your example above doesn't have key id tags. (sorry not much of an xml'er). Thanks.

<keymap><global><keyboard><key id="61510">activatewindow(favourites)</key></keyboard></global></keymap>

If that is indeed the key ID then almost Wink

<key id="61510">XBMC.ActivateWindow(favourites)</key>

Etc
Thanks. So then the whole thing would look like this:?

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<key id="61510">XBMC.ActivateWindow(favourites)</key>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>
Yes. See keymap (wiki) for more info if you need it.
Thanks a million for the help. I'll try it tonight!