Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: video stops between 10 and 15 mins (from FAT32 USB stick)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

I've been watching some DivX files (according to XMBC the codec being used is FFmpeg MPEG-4) but they stop between 10 and 15 minutes in, returning me to the library screen for the USB stick where they are stored. The stick is FAT32, is 512mb and has nothing else but the individual video file on it (350mb X Files .avi file).

What's weird is XBMC only stops the first time.. i.e. if I start the file from the beginning, it will stop at around 10-15 minutes in, but then when I restart the file and navigate back to where it stopped, it will then play completely until the end of the file (i.e. it won't stop again at around 20-30mins in).

I have seen other posts on this issue elsewhere on the board but they relate to network connections and timeouts, not USB sticks, so I figured this issue is related but not identical. I wonder if it has something to do with video cache?

Any help would be great! If you need it I'll post a listing of the XBMC's log (it's a bit of a faff to get it atm cos I don't have a router yet)

Thanks in advance Smile
without logs there's really nothing we can do. its obviously not something we put in there by design...