Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mounting External Hard Drive is MXQ Media player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I just bought an MXQ Media Player with Kodi 16.1 preinstalled - link here:

http://www.amazon.com/TICTID-Android-Aml...ywords=mxq

I connected a Seagate 1TB external hard drive via USB and I have my movies in the 'Movies' folder on the drive. When I open Kodi, I can play and watch the movies if I choose 'movies' option on the Kodi home screen and go to 'files', however I am trying to add the movies to my library and having no luck.

When I try to add my 'movies' folder as a source, my external hard drive is not showing up as an option. I get the following directories:

External Storage
Network File System (NFS)
Root Filesystem
SAP Streams
UPnP Devices
Video Playlists
Windows Network (SMB)
Zeroconf Browser
Add Network Location...

What is weird though, if I go into addons ->install from zip file, my external hard drive IS listed as udisk0 and I can access the folders within

When doing some research I did find that apparently the drive has to be mounted and I would need to follow these steps:

1 - system > settings > Add-ons - > Install from zip file - > Root filesystem - > mnt - > sda1
2 - system > file manager > Add source > Browse > Root filesystem - > mnt - > sda1
/mnt/sda1

However, when I go into Root Filesystem ->mnt, there is no sda1 (there are 6 folders in here one of which is a folder called sdcard)

I searched through all the other folders looking for sda1 but obviously had no luck.

Does anyone know how I can get the drive mounted or whatever needs to be done so I can set up my movie library? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!