Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These are expensive Sennheiser pxc 550and they were working fine before the N upgrade. I have not tried to re-pair them, but i guess I will try that. Thanks
Transferred from another post...

(2017-05-31, 09:17)frankdoo Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everybody,
After a long weighing up, I have my YaVDR client retired and on recommendation of the Kodi forum bought a Xiaomi Mi Box.

Config:
Xiaomi Mi Box 3s International Version
LG LED 1080 (of course without HDCP 2.2)
Denon AV Receiver AVR-X1400H

With Android 6.0 everything was fine. Since I would like ATMOS and my TV picture (yaVDR-Sever VNSI-Addon) was a little jerky, I've updated to 7.0.

Problem: Sound works but no picture (no android user interface) - receiver announces that my TV got no DHCP 2.2 support and therefore is not transmitted.
Directly at the HDMI of the TV it works.

Did someone had the same problem?
The perils of updating to Beta Test Firmware.... You will not be able to go back to the previous version easily either, although...

This may work

We really cannot help with HDCP 2.2 problems - its not a Kodi concern.
I suspect a Factory Reset may be the ultimate conclusion - even then that may not help. Sad

BTW: Your Jerky picture is caused by 3:2 pulldown, because the Mi Box cannot do Kodi dynamic refresh switching to switch the TV to a Display Mode to match the video's Frames per second.
(2017-05-31, 09:22)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Transferred from another post...

(2017-05-31, 09:17)frankdoo Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everybody,
After a long weighing up, I have my YaVDR client retired and on recommendation of the Kodi forum bought a Xiaomi Mi Box.

Config:
Xiaomi Mi Box 3s International Version
LG LED 1080 (of course without HDCP 2.2)
Denon AV Receiver AVR-X1400H

With Android 6.0 everything was fine. Since I would like ATMOS and my TV picture (yaVDR-Sever VNSI-Addon) was a little jerky, I've updated to 7.0.

Problem: Sound works but no picture (no android user interface) - receiver announces that my TV got no DHCP 2.2 support and therefore is not transmitted.
Directly at the HDMI of the TV it works.

Did someone had the same problem?
The perils of updating to Beta Test Firmware.... You will not be able to go back to the previous version easily either, although...

This may work

We really cannot help with HDCP 2.2 problems - its not a Kodi concern.
I suspect a Factory Reset may be the ultimate conclusion - even then that may not help. Sad

BTW: Your Jerky picture is caused by 3:2 pulldown, because the Mi Box cannot do Kodi dynamic refresh switching to switch the TV to a Display Mode to match the video's Frames per second.

Many thanks. I already bought a second Box - so it will be no problem I use the 7.0 for my sleeping room - there is no AV-Receiver.

The jerky pircture is only on TV. Movies are no problem (mp4,mkv).
On 7.0 the TV stream is better - it is only recognizeable if I watch a ticker.
It is not a matter of the Server - works fine under Kodi on Intel Atom.

Is there any solution under Android 6.0 / Kodi for the framerate matching?
If you are living in the UK / EUROPE / AUS / NZ try setting the Android Screen resolution to 1080p50Hz - that may help with TV playback smoothness.

However due to no dynamic refresh switching you will have to change it back to 1080p60Hz for everything else.

The solution to Kodi framerate matching with Android is a nVIDIA Shield, MINIX U9 or a WeTek Hub who's Android TV ROM is pretty nice. I'm excluding the FireTV as that has recent 24p Firmware issues.

Until Android boxes get App specific dynamic refresh switching to match say 1080p50Hz to 25fps TV streams and then switch back to 1080p60Hz for everything else. TV users who need to watch smooth 25fps OTA / IPTV streams need to stick with LibreELEC or Windows and use working Kodi Krypton PVR's.
(2017-05-30, 19:52)mylle Wrote: [ -> ]These are expensive Sennheiser pxc 550and they were working fine before the N upgrade. I have not tried to re-pair them, but i guess I will try that. Thanks

Re-pairing unfortunately had not effect Sad
For those Mi Box owners living in Convict Land down under, after much pestering the Stan guys have finally release their Android TV compatible streaming App and it works nicely indeed. Smile

Higher quality streaming than Netflix too due to better bitrates used.
Can anyone tell me whether the Mi-box can actually output 10bit color?
(2017-05-31, 11:58)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]If you are living in the UK / EUROPE / AUS / NZ try setting the Android Screen resolution to 1080p50Hz - that may help with TV playback smoothness.

However due to no dynamic refresh switching you will have to change it back to 1080p60Hz for everything else.

The solution to Kodi framerate matching with Android is a nVIDIA Shield, MINIX U9 or a WeTek Hub who's Android TV ROM is pretty nice. I'm excluding the FireTV as that has recent 24p Firmware issues.

Until Android boxes get App specific dynamic refresh switching to match say 1080p50Hz to 25fps TV streams and then switch back to 1080p60Hz for everything else. TV users who need to watch smooth 25fps OTA / IPTV streams need to stick with LibreELEC or Windows and use working Kodi Krypton PVR's.

Thanks! In Germany works 50fps perfect on mpeg2 576 and mpeg4 720. The ticker of CNN-News runs smooth now.
I opened a thread elsewhere but maybe it should be here;

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=315685

Does anyone here know of a way to get 5 x 4 tb drives (on a USB hub) properly recognised on the Mi Box or is it deemed impossible? That the maximum is two only? Thanks (Australia based).
I would suspect lots of trouble would be encountered due to the Android OS, see the Links in this Post for some self reading:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2580099
I'm seeing this;

Permanent root status will never be possible with the locked, encoded boot loader on this device.

So rooting & stickmount not possible I guess.

wrxtasy, is there an affordable media player in Aus I can get Kodi with multiple HDDs attached. Have relied on the WD TV live since its intro but wanted to progress?
(2017-06-04, 12:44)JCreeny Wrote: [ -> ]I'm seeing this;

Permanent root status will never be possible with the locked, encoded boot loader on this device.

So rooting & stickmount not possible I guess.

wrxtasy, is there an affordable media player in Aus I can get Kodi with multiple HDDs attached. Have relied on the WD TV live since its intro but wanted to progress?

Any of the AMLogic S905(x) devices that run LibreELEC Kodi Krypton or OSMC.

If you still wanted Android TV - the WeTek Hub has a pretty nice unofficial Android TV ROM - that can be rooted and works nicely for 1080p Netflix and Stan. No Chromecasting tho, and never will be able to.

You can also dual boot very easily to a really good version of LibreELEC Kodi Krypton that will definitely support a powered USB Hub and Multiple direct Plug In HDD's.
Order direct from WeTek I would think. The Hub need a Wireless remote like MINIX's NEO A2 to get the most out of it.

Otherwise any AML S905(x) and run LibreELEC Kodi Krypton. The S905 MINIX U1 is another nice complete package as is the Plug N Play - Vero 4K.
You will need a powered USB Hub on any ARM chipset devices for multiple HDD's.
If my Wifi is switched off I get the following error when using Kodi:

Quote:Loading directory

videodb://movies/genres/

Why would I need a network connection if all my media is stored locally on a USB harddrive?
OK, almost there now.

The box is needed to read 720/1080 AVI, MKV etc attached on multiple drives. Need Kodi to enhance the features ie: info from IMDB. May also tool with some of the Kodi add ons.

The best sub $100 is Beelink mini mxiii ii versus Mini m8s ii.

Unsure which one although perhaps the Beelink for no scientific reason. Is there a definitive guide between the two?

Will use Libreelec (to read the drives, KSZAQ build) Is it wise to place on the NAND and kill Android? If so how do I image the original OS as a backup?
You are now in the wrong thread.

LibreELEC support for such boxes is over HERE