Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-06-05, 10:39)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]You are now in the wrong thread.

LibreELEC support for such boxes is over HERE

Done

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/8808-b...ni-m8s-ii/
Just bought MDZ-16-AB Mi Box3. Very very happy with Kodi and official and un-official addons running very well. OS 6.0.1

ONE PROBLEM: APK "Teamviewer Quick Support" DOES NOT WORK. I contacted and talked to mfg tech support. They say its a Teamviewer problem. IF I call Teamviewer I am sure they will say its a Mi Box problem.

You can only VIEW the Mi Box screen via Teamviever. Mouse clicks and control will not work at all. When connecting Teamviever, it even warns you with a message "This device supports screen sharing only"

I tried older Teamviewer Support versions...... no fix.
Hi, from about 2 hours I trying to add my WD 2TB as new video source in Kodi. If I click on "browse" from "add videos...", the HDD don't appear, but in the file section I can see the HDD and play the file inside. How can I add the WD as new source video?

The WD is 2.0, NTFS format.

Thank you and sorry for my bad English. ^^
Is your WD plug in USB to the Mi Box or is it a NAS box on your network?

My WD is a NAS box on my network and it works PERFECT with all the movies on the NAS box playing on the Mi Box via Kodi. Took me 30 seconds to set up (point the location of the movies/files)
The WD is plug in USB to the Mi Box.

I think that I found the solution. To find the usb, I have to go in root --> storage --> and here I can find the USB (with an another name, a lot of number)
I believe this is the box for me after much help and some youtube videos lol. Being tons of pages but also people owning this box for awhile now, any tips on the best settings to choose from on Kodi once installed so it works as smooth as I can get it? It's really the only app I will be using this android box for. I know I heard one setting was to turn HQ scalers from 20% to 0 because it isn't worth having it turned on for these boxes but Idk how true that is or not. Thanks everyone.
AllenRulz

1) Install Kodi from Play Store

2)
How to Install Exxxxxxxxx....

MODERATOR EDIT

Please read the forums rules:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rules

Specifically:
2.5 Piracy Policy

No further discussion pertaining to installs of Banned Kodi Addons and Illegal Pirate Repos will be tolerated.
(2017-06-07, 20:31)aubrey Wrote: [ -> ]AllenRulz

1) Install Kodi from Play Store

2)
How to Install Exxxxxxxxx....

MODERATOR EDIT

Please read the forums rules:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rules

Specifically:
2.5 Piracy Policy

No further discussion pertaining to installs of Banned Kodi Addons and Illegal Pirate Repos will be tolerated.

Oh no, I know all about Kodi as I use it on my windows 7. What my question was is since I will be downloading Kodi on a Android Box (much less specs ect) what are the best settings used so Kodi and every thing inside of Kodi runs as smooth as the Mi Box allows.
(2017-06-07, 18:31)Hakihiko Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, from about 2 hours I trying to add my WD 2TB as new video source in Kodi. If I click on "browse" from "add videos...", the HDD don't appear, but in the file section I can see the HDD and play the file inside. How can I add the WD as new source video?

The WD is 2.0, NTFS format.

Thank you and sorry for my bad English. ^^

If you can see the WD drive in the files listing, then select the media folder you want to add from your WD, like: "Movies or TV Shows", then long press on the remote to "Set Source" - you can then set the media type and scrapers to do their thing!
My MiBox is brand new with Kodi 17.3. I 'm having trouble with sound settings when playing tv shows, some shows have no sound. Is the problem with the box or Kodi update
(2017-06-08, 13:12)GoPro Wrote: [ -> ]My MiBox is brand new with Kodi 17.3. I 'm having trouble with sound settings when playing tv shows, some shows have no sound. Is the problem with the box or Kodi update

I would recommend using SPMC instead of Kodi. Much snappier, less problems.
(2017-06-08, 15:59)Ultraschorsch Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-08, 13:12)GoPro Wrote: [ -> ]My MiBox is brand new with Kodi 17.3. I 'm having trouble with sound settings when playing tv shows, some shows have no sound. Is the problem with the box or Kodi update

I would recommend using SPMC instead of Kodi. Much snappier, less problems.

No kidding. My External HD (4TB) works perfectly on SPMC. On Kodi 17.3 its a nightmare. I'm never sure even about its "Exit". Either its a long wait in which case I have to go through a long process. Maybe the gentleman who designed SPMC could be asked for help.Wink
Is this original international version ??

http://www.lightinthebox.com/official-in...rm=1.5.1.1

Good price if it is, of course.
(2017-06-08, 17:41)grabber Wrote: [ -> ]Is this original international version ??

http://www.lightinthebox.com/official-in...rm=1.5.1.1

Good price if it is, of course.

From what I see:

Original MI Box International Version

Model Number : MDZ-16-AB

NOT the Chinese Version!

IF it's real then yes, it is international version
(2017-04-16, 14:50)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Nougat 7.0.0 Beta Update done here as well, went smoothly....

Download Nougat Update.zip

- Save to a Fat32 formatted USB Stick
- Either Hold Down Mi Box Power Button and reboot or unplug Power Cord
- While rebooting or Reinserting Power Cord - hold down remote Back & large OK buttons to enter Recovery
- Update from EXT and select your USB - update.zip file
- Reboot

TIPS:
Double Pressing the Small Center Button enters Minimised Apps Screen
Picture in Picture works - I can watch OTA TV via Live Channels / TvHeadend whilst playing about with Android
Android Settings - HDMI CEC configuration is back

Observations:
HD Netflix with 5.1 Audio works (I have a DD+ capable TV)
5.1 AC3 Passthrough in Kodi Krypton works
No Kodi dynamic refresh switching disappointingly - lets see what the final release brings.
Nougat is at least 2X faster than Marshmallow - the remote is now ultra responsive Smile

I've have had the Leanback Launcher crash on me once. There are a few bugs still to squash it seems.

Thanks for the tutorial. I followed it, but I'm stuck at "verification failed, installation aborted". Maybe I got an incompatible version, this is the one I bought.

And this is the TV tuner I got.

So, do you think Nougat Beta on the Mi Box will work with that tuner? If not, what can I do to get a USB tuner working on the device? This is the main reason I bought it for...

Thank you!