Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-06-22, 20:33)acefr Wrote: [ -> ]I am thinking to update to Nougat beta, but want to get some opinion from the users who have Nougat on their Mi Box:

1. Does the Deep Color (10 bit color) work in Nougat?
2. Do you get HDR10 from Kodi 17.3 or SMPC?
3. Does the lossless audio (Dolby TrueHD, ATMOS, DTS:X) pass through work in Kodi 17.3 or SMPC?

All of above is currently working (DTS:X pass through not tested) in the stock firmware, so I don't want to break it updating to Nougat, especially there is no going back to MM.

Since this is a one way upgrade, and no one can answer my questions, I think I will stick with the stock firmware and not upgrading to Nougat. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Hi All

Has anyone else noticed that their Kodi 17.3 doesn't respond to the cachemembuffersize change, whereas SPMC does? I changed in Kodi and noticed it wasn't filling the cache over ethernet or wireless. Then I did the same settings in SPMC and I can see it filling the buffer as it should....
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO%3AModify_the_video_cache

Quote:3 Kodi v17 changes

In Kodi v17, the cache-related tags were removed from <network> and placed under a new <cache> tag. In addition, the following tags were renamed:
<cachemembuffersize> was renamed to <memorysize>
<readbufferfactor> is renamed to <readfactor>
Ah ok, thank you very much wrxtasy!
(2017-06-29, 06:39)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO%3AModify_the_video_cache

Quote:3 Kodi v17 changes

In Kodi v17, the cache-related tags were removed from <network> and placed under a new <cache> tag. In addition, the following tags were renamed:
<cachemembuffersize> was renamed to <memorysize>
<readbufferfactor> is renamed to <readfactor>

I assume it can't be changed in Kodi 17.3 with Easy Advanced Settings at the moment?
I am a new member and I apologize if I am on the wrong string or page.

I recently purchased one of these cute and very clever little boxes but after a week of trying in vain to load Kodi on to it, I have arrived at the conclusion that it is a bloody sight smarter than me.

As a wrinkly, I find all the jargon in the posts very confusing and I have become quite desperate.

I live at postcode 6210 in Western Australia and I wondered if there is anyone between Perth and here who is clever enough to install the program for me.

I am happy to deliver the box to you and pay a reasonable fee for your effort.

Hope I am not breaking any rules.
Thanks.

Drover
(2017-06-29, 09:49)Drover Wrote: [ -> ]but after a week of trying in vain to load Kodi on to it

Google Play Store > Kodi > install now.

Should take perhaps 3 - 5 minutes max.
Is there a most used refresh rate that I can set my Mi Box to to watch streams of american movies and series?
I have been trying unsuccessfully for nearly two weeks, to install kodi on a recently purchased Mi box.

My computer guy and his 16 year old son also failed miserably.

I have been trying to follow videos which have been posted to assist dopes like me but after the Kodi app is set up and I type in the source address (taken from the videos) I get a message, "could not connect to the network server".

I get the same message with each source I type.

Getting very dis-heartened, is there any soul out there who can help me please.

Thanks.

Drover.
(2017-07-02, 10:04)Drover Wrote: [ -> ]I type in the source address

Which source address?
(2017-07-02, 10:30)808? Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-02, 10:04)Drover Wrote: [ -> ]I type in the source address

Which source address?

It kinda sounds like you are trying to install pirate add-ons / sources to watch "free" movies and the like. If that is the case, you will get no help here....
(2017-07-02, 10:04)Drover Wrote: [ -> ]I have been trying unsuccessfully for nearly two weeks, to install kodi on a recently purchased Mi box.

My computer guy and his 16 year old son also failed miserably.

I have been trying to follow videos which have been posted to assist dopes like me but after the Kodi app is set up and I type in the source address (taken from the videos) I get a message, "could not connect to the network server".

I get the same message with each source I type.

Getting very dis-heartened, is there any soul out there who can help me please.

Thanks.

Drover.

I also got a brand new mi box this week and have had no luck getting any of the addon's for kodi to work. I have got some working via the SPMC application - but none of the good ones.

I get the following error "Failed to install addon" when i try to extract the addon via zip file.
Guys having trouble installing these unnamed addons / sources - you need to read this: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=293138