Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-08-28, 04:22)fab4272 Wrote: [ -> ]Great. Android 8 is out, we are still stuck on 5 for official release.

uh, 6.0.1 currently...

http://www.mi.com/en/mibox/

Not great, but not 5
(2017-08-28, 02:02)thesuffering Wrote: [ -> ]I got my adapter today. Wifi was ~70Mbps (to Netflix) Ethernet was ~101Mbps (to Netflix)
Good results there with that UGreen USB3 Smile

Also for 4K Kodi Krypton / SPMC video streaming users should really be using a Example 4 - Video cache buffer:

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO%3AModify_the_video_cache
(2017-08-28, 05:53)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-28, 02:02)thesuffering Wrote: [ -> ]I got my adapter today. Wifi was ~70Mbps (to Netflix) Ethernet was ~101Mbps (to Netflix)
Good results there with that UGreen USB3 Smile

Also for 4K Kodi Krypton / SPMC video streaming users should really be using a Example 4 - Video cache buffer:

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO%3AModify_the_video_cache
Will that make a difference with HD Audio too? The only issues Ive noticed with 4K is if I have is if there is a HD Audio soundtrack, itll stutter at times. This goes away if i change it to a basic DD or DTS soundtrack. I have DTS MA and True HD unchecked in settings since im sending audio to the AVR from my TVs ARC since the AVR isnt HDMI2.

EDIT:Nevermind, I already have the buffer set in advancedsettings.xml and it still stutters with HD Audio.
I alread told it here, NFS and Samba seems to perform very poor on Android Kodi.
My Wifi reaches 250mbit on speedtest.net via the internal wifi.
When i copy something in kodi from my NFS Share, i see about 7-9MB/s average.

Now I use a Vero 4k, got same performance issues on wifi. Then used fstab for NFS share wich is linux native variant. Now i see 12-14MB/s, when copy. So something is broken in kodis NFS implementation.
Sandly Android does not use fstab Sad
(2017-08-28, 04:41)thesuffering Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-28, 04:22)fab4272 Wrote: [ -> ]Great. Android 8 is out, we are still stuck on 5 for official release.

uh, 6.0.1 currently...

http://www.mi.com/en/mibox/

Not great, but not 5

Oooopps.....thanks for the pickup.
Looking to map the keys better for my Harmony Hub based remote. Have Mi Box controled via IR, added Windows PC via bluetooth (shows up as Harmony Keyboard) on the Mi Box. What keys do i map for pause, play, fast fwd, rewind, skip forward, skip backward, etc? I found this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2349324 but im not sure what all that is.

EDIT:
Figured this out. To do this you need to have at least two devices in your activity: device 1-Manufacturer: Xiaomi Model: Mi Box device 2-Manufacturer: Microsoft Model: Kodi
When you create the Microsoft Kodi device, the MyHarmony app will tell you its not compatible because its bluetooth. Ignore this.
On the Mi Box, go to add a Bluetooth Device. It will start looking for a device to pair. Now, from your phone app, select the Microsoft Media Player from the device section. This will bring you into a section where it shows all the different buttons you can use. While the Mi Box is searching for a device, press one of the device buttons from your phones screen. This should bring up a pairing dialog on the phone app. After a bit, the Mi Box should find a Harmony Keyboard. Select that with the Mi Box remote and itll pair.
Now, all you have to do is go in via the Harmony app and assign the buttons you want for your remote. I have the navigation buttons (up, down, ok, etc) mapped for the Mi Box android remote, same with the exit and menu keys. I then mapped the Play button, Pause, etc to use the Microsoft Media Player device and chose the appropriate selection (Play for the Play Button, Fast Forward for short press on Fast Foward Skip Forward for long press).
I tested it out in Kodi and it works great.
(2017-09-01, 03:17)thesuffering Wrote: [ -> ]Looking to map the keys better for my Harmony Hub based remote. Have Mi Box controled via IR, added Windows PC via bluetooth (shows up as Harmony Keyboard) on the Mi Box. What keys do i map for pause, play, fast fwd, rewind, skip forward, skip backward, etc? I found this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2349324 but im not sure what all that is.

That was the old, the new is

(2017-08-28, 17:28)Xedos9er Wrote: [ -> ]I alread told it here, NFS and Samba seems to perform very poor on Android Kodi.
My Wifi reaches 250mbit on speedtest.net via the internal wifi.
When i copy something in kodi from my NFS Share, i see about 7-9MB/s average.

Now I use a Vero 4k, got same performance issues on wifi. Then used fstab for NFS share wich is linux native variant. Now i see 12-14MB/s, when copy. So something is broken in kodis NFS implementation.
Sandly Android does not use fstab Sad

hello i read that you have a vero 4k and i am wondering how you like it and your experance with it. looking for a box for the folks. can you please message me or contact me with your (review)
Short question on optical spdif out on mibox. Is it regular optical cable, or some specifical xiaomi one?
Its a standard combined Mini Toslink / 3.5mm Analog Audio plug like you would find in laptops.
Hello again, mates!

One silly and quick question:

I',m trying to update SMPC on my Mi Box due to Python issues and I'm watching many 1.6.7 apk options on the official SPMC web:

SPMC-16.7.1-spmc-4baafdf-aarch64.apk
SPMC-16.7.1-spmc-4baafdf-aarch64_launcher.apk
SPMC-16.7.1-spmc-4baafdf-armeabi-v7a.apk
SPMC-16.7.1-spmc-4baafdf-armeabi-v7a_launcher.apk
SPMC-16.7.1-spmc-4baafdf-x86.apk
SPMC-16.7.1-spmc-4baafdf-x86_launcher.apk

Which one should I download? Will this update erase all my configs?

Thanks in advance! Smile
It's "SPMC-16.7.1-spmc-4baafdf-armeabi-v7a.apk" and no, it won't erase any of your settings or configs.
(2017-09-02, 21:23)timstephens24 Wrote: [ -> ]It's "SPMC-16.7.1-spmc-4baafdf-armeabi-v7a.apk" and no, it won't erase any of your settings or configs.

Thanks so much, timstephens24!!!

Downloading right now! Big Grin
What a pity Sad

I thought my problems could be fixed with this version, since it involved a Python update, but they remain exactly the same Sad

I have no way to send a magnet link from my PC to the Mi Box and play the stream. I've tried XMBCTorrent, KMediatorrent, Torrenter and YATP with no success.

When I was using Kodi on my beloved Raspberry Pi 3 never had a problem with this Sad
In fact, I'm doing test and there's also no way of using a torrent client without getting and error