Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You can always use Acestream for AndroidTV or use Sodaplayer and cast from your PC
Been waiting for that monitor since NAB, still no price. Can HDR mode be turned off on all these new HDR monitors?
Does this device actually output 4K to my receiver/TV or does it just decode it and output at 1080P?
Already answered in another thread.

Please STOP Spamming the Kodi forum the exact same question in each thread.

The START HERE thread already has all the 4K info.
My apologies, I realise I asked the same question in each devices thread, I thought perhaps they were better placed than my "catch all" question.
Hi,
i am from Europe (Germany) and have some questions regarding dynamic refresh switching.
As written in this Thread dynamic refresh switching doesn't work with the MiBox. Is this still the case? Will this be fixed with the Official release of Android Nougat?
What do i need to set the Hz rate to, to watch 1080p Content smooth in Kodi?
As i understand i need to set the Resolution in the Android TV Settings to 1080p50hz?(50hz cause of PAL)
But it doesnt seem Smooth (micro stuttering?) in Kodi when running a 1080p24hz test file. (same when i set the res. to 1080p24hz in the Android TV settings)

Am i missing something or do i need to do something else?
Already edited the advancedsettings.xml settings as recommended.

Using Kodi Krypton and OS Version 6.0.1

Thanks for the help!
(2017-09-04, 16:12)Nopelike Wrote: [ -> ]As written in this Thread dynamic refresh switching doesn't work with the MiBox. Is this still the case? Will this be fixed with the Official release of Android Nougat?
Email Xiaomi and ask them personally would be my suggestion.

Quote:What do i need to set the Hz rate to, to watch 1080p Content smooth in Kodi?
As i understand i need to set the Resolution in the Android TV Settings to 1080p50hz?(50hz cause of PAL)
But it doesnt seem Smooth (micro stuttering?) in Kodi when running a 1080p24hz test file. (same when i set the res. to 1080p24hz in the Android TV settings)

"Sync playback to Display" - with cheap Android Hardware
(2017-09-03, 07:42)alextav Wrote: [ -> ]You can always use Acestream for AndroidTV or use Sodaplayer and cast from your PC

Thanks, mate! Soda Player seems to run quite well (althought not perfect: 4k streamings are performing sloppy)

However, my opinion is that the ideal solution for this issue should be fixing the "native" streaming of torrent/magnet links on SPMC on the Mi Box.

As you can see here, the problem seems to be on the libtorrent module for Android:

watch gallery

I've been reading a lot, I've tried many libtorrent versions but there's no way to run it correctly. The consequence of this is already known: KMediatorrent, XMBCTorrent, Torrenter, etc... they all fail when trying to play a .torrent file.

I thought it could be an error related with Python, but SPMC 17.4 is broken too...

I apologise if you consider this is not the right forum to talk about this issue
(2017-09-02, 22:23)tiku100 Wrote: [ -> ]What a pity Sad

I thought my problems could be fixed with this version, since it involved a Python update, but they remain exactly the same Sad

I have no way to send a magnet link from my PC to the Mi Box and play the stream. I've tried XMBCTorrent, KMediatorrent, Torrenter and YATP with no success.

When I was using Kodi on my beloved Raspberry Pi 3 never had a problem with this Sad

Hi my dear friend!As i can see you have both mi box and raspi3.so whats up things now?How is kodi at mi box compared to raspi 3?which one you prefer?Have you managed smooth playback on kodi with mi box?
(2017-09-02, 16:56)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Its a standard combined Mini Toslink / 3.5mm Analog Audio plug like you would find in laptops.

Thank you. Also, may i ask, what is dimension of DC round plug in ? I have usb charger with usb ports so i need to buy ''usb to DC round plugin''.
Anyone else getting software update for the Mi Box?
I do have first Nougat ´leak´ installed and box is now offering update which was date July (I think). Trying to install it, but installation fails on Android update screen.
My box updated itself a couple of days ago. Still Marshmallow.
(2017-09-08, 17:17)crashi Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else getting software update for the Mi Box?
I do have first Nougat ´leak´ installed and box is now offering update which was date July (I think). Trying to install it, but installation fails on Android update screen.

I have exactly the same problem too, look like the update was for marshmellow not nougat? Huh
(2017-09-09, 11:47)Sunseng Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-08, 17:17)crashi Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else getting software update for the Mi Box?

I have exactly the same problem too, look like the update was for marshmellow not nougat? Huh

That might be the thing, didnt checked which version it is Smile

Having another issue with this as well, it does need daily reboot, otherwise WIFI connection is very poor, buffering and buffering and after reboot everything back Ok again. Issue is not just with KODI, also with Netflix etc. Anyone else suffering of this? Smile
google shows there is update firmware as follows but i can't find where to download: once-user 7.0 NBD92G 1035 release-keys