Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Someone on the Whirlpool forum's had reported receiving an OTA update to Nougat release from the beta Nougat firmwarev and is not on any beta program. Anyone confirm this?

EDIT: False alarm. The OP has confirmed they are still on the beta firmware.
There is no way to downgrade from first Nougat beta to Marshmallow?
I think you're asking a question. If so then the answer is no there is no downgrade path

Sent from my Xperia Z2 Tablet WiFi
(2017-09-09, 13:13)crashi Wrote: [ -> ]Having another issue with this as well, it does need daily reboot, otherwise WIFI connection is very poor, buffering and buffering and after reboot everything back Ok again. Issue is not just with KODI, also with Netflix etc. Anyone else suffering of this? Smile

Hi, i have exactly the same problem as yours. I need to restart, or switch off the wifi and on again otherwise my apps like youtube,netflix,kodi didn't work
Any solutions for this?
Halo everyone,,,
is there someone know how to play 4K UHD BluRay (x265 HEVC 10bit) size bout 50G from external hdd to Mi Box, i tried mine but lag, is this cause mi box spec or there are setting or app that i should try...thank u all
Hello again!

I was curious and, after reading and reading, I decided to test to replicate my libtorrent problems on SPMC, this time on the official Kodi 17.4 for Android (I was reluctant to install it due to hardware acceleration and more). To my surprise, the python-libtorrent import worked and all the problems with the torrent client dissapeared: they all run without a problem and I can even send magnet links from my PC to the Mi box with Kodi.

In order to test more scenarios, I deleted the two SPMCs (16.7.1 and 17.4a8) on my Mi Box and made a clean installation of SPMC 16.6.0... libtorrent import failed again (tested with the same version that worked with Kodi 17.4: python-libtorrent 1.1.1b)

Hope this helps! Smile

(2017-09-05, 10:07)tiku100 Wrote: [ -> ](...)

However, my opinion is that the ideal solution for this issue should be fixing the "native" streaming of torrent/magnet links on SPMC on the Mi Box.

As you can see here, the problem seems to be on the libtorrent module for Android:

watch gallery

I've been reading a lot, I've tried many libtorrent versions but there's no way to run it correctly. The consequence of this is already known: KMediatorrent, XMBCTorrent, Torrenter, etc... they all fail when trying to play a .torrent file.

I thought it could be an error related with Python, but SPMC 17.4 is broken too...
Hi. About a week ago I lost voice search on all of my android devices running android TV app to control Mi box. Remote mi mic still works fine...any ideas? Android TV app was working flawlessly for months for voice mic searches previously.

Thanks.
(2017-09-12, 18:29)flipside101 Wrote: [ -> ]I think you're asking a question. If so then the answer is no there is no downgrade path

Sent from my Xperia Z2 Tablet WiFi (typie typie)

Thanks and damn, then just need to wait.. Smile

(2017-09-13, 08:07)rolleer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-09, 13:13)crashi Wrote: [ -> ]Having another issue with this as well, it does need daily reboot, otherwise WIFI connection is very poor, buffering and buffering and after reboot everything back Ok again. Issue is not just with KODI, also with Netflix etc. Anyone else suffering of this? Smile

Hi, i have exactly the same problem as yours. I need to restart, or switch off the wifi and on again otherwise my apps like youtube,netflix,kodi didn't work
Any solutions for this?

Have you tried factory reset?
I think I haven't test that one yet.

What WIFI you have? I´m having Ubiquiti AC AP, if that could be the case.
Hi

Im using IPTV list at my new Mi box, but I think that there is a problem.
There are a lot of dropped frames and stream is not so smooth like at my RPI2 with llibreelec.

I tried at Kodi, SPMC, Android Live Channels, mixing with all of the settings, but nothing changed.

It's mostly visible at news channel with the bottom news bar, or at matches.

Raspberry Pi 2 with Libreelec
https://youtu.be/2uXc97hPE2w

Mi Box
https://youtu.be/L7Innr12JgQ

Anyone have any idea what i can do with this?
Has anyone here been able to get any sort of educated response from Xiaomi support for these boxes? I emailed a week ago to get a replacement remote. They asked for all the relevant information then said they would advise once the order was ready. Then I got an email saying they will not replace as they don't have any remotes.

Since that email I've been dealing with people who keep saying they have forwarded my request to the department and nothing happens. My box is useless without a remote as I travel with it and everytime I connect to a new wifi access point I can't use my phone as a remote as they both need to be on the same network.

Any help, tips or guidance is appreciated!
(2017-09-16, 05:16)Djayz Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone here been able to get any sort of educated response from Xiaomi support for these boxes? I emailed a week ago to get a replacement remote. They asked for all the relevant information then said they would advise once the order was ready. Then I got an email saying they will not replace as they don't have any remotes.

Since that email I've been dealing with people who keep saying they have forwarded my request to the department and nothing happens. My box is useless without a remote as I travel with it and everytime I connect to a new wifi access point I can't use my phone as a remote as they both need to be on the same network.

Any help, tips or guidance is appreciated!

I strongly suspect these will work - some buttons are in a different spot - not sure about voice search...

Original Genuine Xiaomi Bluetooth Remote - $11.19

or

Xiaomi Bluetooth Remote Control 2 $11.50

In Mi Box Android keymaps there are a whole bunch of different (Xiaomi Vendor 2717) keyboard layouts that would support those other Xiaomi BT remotes.

Such aftermarket Xiaomi BT remote's have been tested and working on the WeTek Play2 Android TV ROM after I extracted the Xiaomi .kl layout files from the Mi Box itself.
Is it possible to write to an external hdd in Mi Box? I have the Nougat beta but I can't write anything since I don't have permissions.

Is there something I can do?
(2017-09-16, 17:24)SuperLuigi Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to write to an external hdd in Mi Box? I have the Nougat beta but I can't write anything since I don't have permissions.

You must format the external drive as internal storage.
(2017-09-16, 20:40)tiku100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-16, 17:24)SuperLuigi Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to write to an external hdd in Mi Box? I have the Nougat beta but I can't write anything since I don't have permissions.

Hello! First time poster here.

If you format as internal storage, can you still store large files (4k vids are about 50gb)?

I'm trying to use my mibox as a torrentbox.

Thanks in advance!
(2017-09-16, 20:40)tiku100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Is this the only solution? The problem with that is I won't be able to use the hdd with any other device. And here I thought that these kind of problems belonged to the past.

Thank you for the answer Smile