Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,my mibox is on the 1035 release, I can apply the release 1028 to fix youtube problems?
Or it's possible only in older versions?
(2017-09-26, 19:30)s0ulst3aler Wrote: [ -> ]hi,my mibox is on the 1035 release, I can apply the release 1028 to fix youtube problems?
Or it's possible only in older versions?
No problem, you can downgrade from 1035 to 1028 and have youtube working again.
(2017-09-26, 20:30)botribun Wrote: [ -> ]No problem, you can downgrade from 1035 to 1028 and have youtube working again.

thank you so much
Hi, just updated to Nougat aug release. Its working fine but it always attempt to install new system update every 10 to 15 mins but always failed resulting to my box rebooting. Is there a way to disable auto system update? I already disabled app auto update so I guess it is the system. Thanks.
From the XDA Forums, the easy way to update/downgrade to 1028 Nougat Firmware:

Quote:1. create a file called "xiaomi_update" (yes, without any fileending) an write into it
Code:
--update_package=/udisk/update.zip
2. save it to your USB-Stick and rename your update_1028.zip file to update.zip.
3. Plug it into your MiBox, boot to recovery with the known trick (press back and OK simultaneously while plugging in power) and the update starts all by itself.
(2017-09-22, 15:54)SuperLuigi Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you all for your replies. You were right. I can write inside the Android/data/app folder to the external hdd.

So for the time being that's what I m gonna do.
Can you tell a detail guide about it?

Sent from my Redmi 4
Finally, the forums are back!

The past 1 or 2 OTA firmware updates has caused audio issues with TrueHD and DTS-MA audio in passthrough when playing movies from a local NAS and the Mibox was connected to an AV receiver.  The sound cuts out for a split second randomly every couple of minutes in SPMC 16.7.1 and Kodi 17.4, which is extremely irritating.  

I troubleshooted a lot and the fix for me was to install Nougat beta version 1028 of the Mibox firmware.  The downside was that I had to plug the HDMI cable from the Mibox to the front HDMI auxiliary port on my receiver (which I believe is not HDCP 2.2 compliant) because I was getting an error "This content is not compatible with your TV. Please connect HDMI OUT to the HDMI input jack that supports HDCP 2.2 of the TV" with the HDMI port plugged into the other HDMI ports on my receiver (Yamaha RXA-860).  So far so good -- hopefully no other errors introduced in the new firmware / setup.  

If anyone else had these audio issues or this HDCP 2.2 error with AV receivers, let us know how you fixed it.
Hi.
I ordered a mibox and have a question.

What exactly do the volume buttons on the remote control? Is it only the internal volume of the device or can I adjust the volume of the tv? Is it even possible to program these buttons by using ir?
Hi,

I decided to update to Nougat beta because of the very disappointing silence of Xiaomi on the topic. From what I read, the 1028 release seems to be the most stable so I downloaded it. But when trying to install, I have an error : "signature verification failed"... Has anyone encountered this ? I'm stuck on 924 for the moment.

EDIT : I tried to update to 1035, the update stops around 25% of the loading bar, what is wrong with my box Huh :-(
Hi
Got my box last week very happy except for 1 thing the picture in the tv is to big for the screen missing a bit on all sides like overspill not sure if im describing it properly . Read this thread before i bought and saw this problem resolved but cant find post can anyone help
(2017-10-09, 18:58)loopium Wrote: [ -> ]I have an error : "signature verification failed"... Has anyone encountered this ? I'm stuck on 924 for the moment.
Make sure the .zip update file has not been double .zipped meaning a .zip within a .zip aka "The Inception Problem" Wink

.zip Firmware update files should NOT be unpacked either before attempting to Flash then in Android Recovery.
(2017-10-10, 04:15)teamtom Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
Got my box last week very happy except for 1 thing the picture in the tv is to big for the screen missing a bit on all sides like overspill not sure if im describing it properly . Read this thread before i bought and saw this problem resolved but cant find post can anyone help

The right way is to set your TV to disable overscan, different setting name on different TV, on my LG it's in the Aspect Ratio setting, I set Aspect Ratio to Original and Just Scan to On.
I got problem playing files encoded with dolby digital using Kodi/Mibox. When I play the same file through the usb 3 port on the TV, it is ok. I already researched and tried the options on audio channel set to 2.0 and enabling passthrough with dolby ac3 encoding to no effect. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
(2017-10-10, 05:39)Bmn2016 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-10-10, 04:15)teamtom Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

The right way is to set your TV to disable overscan, different setting name on different TV, on my LG it's in the Aspect Ratio setting, I set Aspect Ratio to Original and Just Scan to On.
thank you