Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-11-03, 00:48)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]@diogosena, nice work Sherlock with SPMC. It's a pity Xiaomi did not implement Amcodec properly because the Mi Box is fully capable.

I have had dynamic refresh switching working with the Movie Player App on Nougat Firmware 1028. Even used Kodi and it's external player functionality to activate such an App.

Refresh switching would also work now with your mods and SPMC if you issue a:

Code:
chmod 666 /sys/class/display/mode

Hi, I was wondering how can I enable auto refresh rate switching on my Mi Box running the 1028 Nougat update using a Mac? I'm not familiar with how to run commands using adb. Thanks for your help Smile
(2017-11-03, 13:14)llonca13 Wrote: [ -> ]After further testing i noticed refresh rate doesnt work with amcodec on my old Sony LCD. After starting video the screen switches to black screen only. Changing input to another hdmi input and then back to input (where kodi is connected) gets me the video again but with 60hz refresh rate.
After turning off amcodec  in kodi settings automatic refresh rate sync works perfectly with default decoder (mediacodec).

On my new Samsung tv(2016) refresh rate switching works perfectly with both amcodec and mediacodec

Have had similar issues. HDMI self adaptation causes a blank screen with amcodec. Without self adaptation, Spmc 16.7.1 or 16.8rc plays OK with amcodec but does not play vc1 bluray rips or 3d mvc files in 2d well at all. Spmc 17 without amcodec will refresh rate switch and play files OK (with self adaptation), but when u jump forward in a file, the display has to resync. To be honest, the playback in general looks better running on normal Kodi which doesn't have refresh rate switching or amcodec . This is on a benq w1070 plasma and a lg 3d plasma. Good detective work though - so close!
(2017-11-03, 00:48)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]@diogosena, nice work Sherlock with SPMC. It's a pity Xiaomi did not implement Amcodec properly because the Mi Box is fully capable.

I have had dynamic refresh switching working with the Movie Player App on Nougat Firmware 1028. Even used Kodi and it's external player functionality to activate such an App.

Code:

-Can this be implemted into a next spmc update?

-What speedtest (app) do you guys use?
(2017-11-03, 23:31)captain19 Wrote: [ -> ]

Code:

Hi, I was wondering how can I enable auto refresh rate switching on my Mi Box running the 1028 Nougat update using a Mac? I'm not familiar with how to run commands using adb. Thanks for your help Smile

don't know about mac, but you can use this
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...tedebugger
(2017-11-05, 18:52)diogosena Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-03, 23:31)captain19 Wrote: [ -> ]

Code:

Thanks. I was able to do it through the Terminal app on my Mac. Only problem I have now is that I have to do it every time I restart my Mi Box. Is there a fix to this or is it supposed to be this way?
Hi,
After installing the 1028 update, I wanted to get back to 924 but the update is stuck on the verification process (loading bar = 25%). I tried 1035 and it does not install neither... Anyone had this issue ?
(2017-11-05, 20:53)captain19 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-05, 18:52)diogosena Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-03, 23:31)captain19 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I was wondering how can I enable auto refresh rate switching on my Mi Box running the 1028 Nougat update using a Mac? I'm not familiar with how to run commands using adb. Thanks for your help Smile

Thanks. I was able to do it through the Terminal app on my Mac. Only problem I have now is that I have to do it every time I restart my Mi Box. Is there a fix to this or is it supposed to be this way?

Until we have proper root, there's no way to permanently set to permissive.
(2017-09-13, 08:07)rolleer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-09, 13:13)crashi Wrote: [ -> ]Having another issue with this as well, it does need daily reboot, otherwise WIFI connection is very poor, buffering and buffering and after reboot everything back Ok again. Issue is not just with KODI, also with Netflix etc. Anyone else suffering of this? Smile

Hi, i have exactly the same problem as yours. I need to restart, or switch off the wifi and on again otherwise my apps like youtube,netflix,kodi didn't work
Any solutions for this? 

Did you find solution for WiFi?
I didnt yet (Factory reset just done, so not know yet did it help). I also purchaced USB3 HUB with RJ45 (https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN-Gigabit-...B00LLUEJFU) but same issues, reboots needed every day to get good transfer rates... Now after Factory reset, USB hub wont even power on! Smile
I dont know could there be some setting which need to be enabled to get some power out from Mi Box USB... not having anything connected to hub. Tested it with another device and that dongle powers up and leds are on.
Hello,
I'm not sure to understand all well, but is it now possible to have smooth result with autoframe rate with kodi/SPMC on the Mibox ?
Yes.

Using the Chomd 666 mod already posted (only Firmware 1028 & 1035 allows this) in combo with SPMC 16.7.1 and Mediacodec Hardware video acceleration. However that does not survive a reboot so make sure the Mi Box always sleeps in standby mode. (Which is the standard setup). I'm also seeing serious WiFi reliability problems with 1028 Furmware.

If you use Amcodec video acceleration and auto refresh switching you end up with a black display screen. Turn off refresh switching and it's fine. Amcodec gives you proper full motion high quality deinterlacing for Kodi PVR OTA TV viewing use.

Basically that all adds up to one big comprimised hassle and these days.
If you do not need Chromecasting or 4K Netflix the dual boot AMLogic devices that come with DRM and HDCP 1.x or HDCP 2.2 when combined with some DIY and a quality Wireless USB dongle remote like the MINIX A2 lite, represent better value and you end up with a superior LibreELEC Kodi Krypton setup.
I have the original firmware that came with the box. I read that if you change the frame rate manually, you can get smooth kodi 1080p videos. I tried all the frame rates and still cannot get rid of the stuttering in kodi. Is there any solution? I allready regret buying this box...

Enviado do meu SM-G950F através de Tapatalk
(2017-11-10, 00:35)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Yes.

Using the Chomd 666 mod already posted (only Firmware 1028 & 1035 allows this) in combo with SPMC 16.7.1 and Mediacodec Hardware video acceleration. However that does not survive a reboot so make sure the Mi Box always sleeps in standby mode. (Which is the standard setup). I'm also seeing serious WiFi reliability problems with 1028 Furmware.

If you use Amcodec video acceleration and auto refresh switching you end up with a black display screen. Turn off refresh switching and it's fine. Amcodec gives you proper full motion high quality deinterlacing for Kodi PVR OTA TV viewing use.

Basically that all adds up to one big comprimised hassle and these days.
If you do not need Chromecasting or 4K Netflix the dual boot AMLogic devices that come with DRM and HDCP 1.x or HDCP 2.2 when combined with some DIY and a quality Wireless USB dongle remote like the MINIX A2 lite, represent better value and you end up with a superior LibreELEC Kodi Krypton setup.

amcodec autorefresh switching works if you disable hdmi self adaptation in settings, no blackscreen here.
(2017-11-10, 00:52)diogosena Wrote: [ -> ]amcodec autorefresh switching works if you disable hdmi self adaptation in settings, no blackscreen here.

Yes but then you lose smooth 23.976, 29.97 and 59.94 fps video playback because you have just disabled AMLogic Frame Rate Automation aka HDMI Self Adaptation.

The AML Kernel need a specific patch to stop the black screen problem. Xiaomi Kernel developers simply do not have the AML Linux Kernel skills or motivation to look at such issues in detail or simply don't care. This is the sort of stuff the AML LE developers (& MINIX and WeTek) sorted out quite a while ago.

On 23.976fps video testing you will then see a video frame "hiccup" approx. every 42 seconds because 23.976fps video is being output incorrectly at 24fps.

As I always say those that are demanding Kodi types should be using a highly optimised AML S9xx LibreELEC or OSMC Kodi Krypton Box in addition to already bought Android TV boxes. Trying to do everything on the one device is where the wheels always fall off.

There are so many S9xx options available these days for LE you do not even need to spend a fortune. Bluetooth and a $10 aftermarket Xiaomi Mi Box remote and you are good to go.
What do you recomend? I will sell my mi box

Enviado do meu SM-G950F através de Tapatalk
Just buy a S9xx box to use alongside your Mi Box and use Nougat Beta Firmware 935 on it. That was the most stable IMHO.

Properly Licensed Android TV, with Chromcasting, 4K HDR Netflix, Amazon, VUDU = NVIDIA Shield.

DIY Dual Boot unofficial Android TV ROM / LibreELEC that has DRM and HDCP 1.x or HDCP 2.2 for 1080p Netflix only and other 1080p copy protected video streaming:

- WeTek Play2
- MINIX U9
- MECOOL M8S Pro L

The Shield, Play2 and U9 will give you working Android Kodi dynamic refresh switching.

If using Dual Boot I recommend a MINIX A2 Lite remote with its USB dongle wireless receiver. Will work in Android (TV) and LibreELEC seamlessly.
I would ask in the Seller device specific forums for ATV ROM's or Freaktab for the MECOOL- first, if you have very specific Android TV Apps that must 100% work.