Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I found this link for another S 912 amlogic box , do you think it could work on the MiBox ?
https://github.com/jeff2900/Kodi.AmLogic...r/releases
(2017-11-14, 10:17)Ultraschorsch Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-13, 13:47)llonca13 Wrote: [ -> ]@mardds
I think there is no reason not to update, device is faster and snappier, much more stable (works 24/7 for months, no need to reboot to fix various issues like on MM), and applying chmod 666 to make auto switchrate work you get a great video experience. I heard some people had problems with wifi on 1028 build but i couldnt tell, im using ethernet through adapter. Install 1028,or if you really want for some reason hdr in netflix app install 1035 but in that case you are losing youtube playback
Ok, but if I use Wifi and use Youtube from time to time it would be better to stay with MM? 

Stay with MM as if you do have same issues what I do have, you need to reboot box multiple times per day to be able to watch anything due the awful transfer speeds.
Ethernet not give any help for me, same issue what having with the WiFi, currently having Nougat 1028.
I dont know what to tell you except that Im using nougat 1028 with ethernet 24/7 for the past 2 months (since it leaked online) without having to reboot once. Everything is running smoothly, I never reboot, everything seems more snappier and stable (comparing to MM, I had to reboot every 1-2 days). I cant say about wifi problems since Im not using wifi. And yes youtube is working great on 1028. So if you feel your device slow and unstable (you have to reboot often etc) try nougat there is nothing to lose then in your case (i hope Smile), if you feel your device is performing OK then dont update (except amcodec and auto refresh rate "hack"),there is nothing to gain in nougat beta.

btw since I enabled automatic refresh rate on my device (i used adb over wifi), I forgot to turn off USB debugging so i was connected using WIFI this whole time (until today,because USB port doesnt work when you enable debugging) and I didnt have any problems, Netflix, 4k movies in kodi, everything running great on WIFI. 

@crashi try factory reset, many times fixed alot of the "weird" problems I had with my android devices, especially after upgrades
(2017-11-16, 14:51)llonca13 Wrote: [ -> ]btw since I enabled automatic refresh rate on my device (i used adb over wifi), I forgot to turn off USB debugging so i was connected using WIFI this whole time (until today,because USB port doesnt work when you enable debugging) and I didnt have any problems, Netflix, 4k movies in kodi, everything running great on WIFI. 
Hi,
Can you please tell how did you manage to do adb over wifi to Mi Box (if I have to use a USB A-A then I would have to order it from China and this would take too long to reach EU) ? By the way I'm also on Nougat 1028. What adb software did you use?
Also what are the minimum commands needed to make the hack working with Kodi 17 / Mediacodec? I'm not interested in working TV deinterlacing hence I do not need Amcodec.
For me automatic refresh rate in Kodi and a working sideloaded Amazon Video apk would make this device perfect.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.
(2017-11-16, 22:11)ionutm80 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-16, 14:51)llonca13 Wrote: [ -> ]btw since I enabled automatic refresh rate on my device (i used adb over wifi), I forgot to turn off USB debugging so i was connected using WIFI this whole time (until today,because USB port doesnt work when you enable debugging) and I didnt have any problems, Netflix, 4k movies in kodi, everything running great on WIFI. 
Hi,
Can you please tell how did you manage to do adb over wifi to Mi Box (if I have to use a USB A-A then I would have to order it from China and this would take too long to reach EU) ? By the way I'm also on Nougat 1028. What adb software did you use?
Also what are the minimum commands needed to make the hack working with Kodi 17 / Mediacodec? I'm not interested in working TV deinterlacing hence I do not need Amcodec.
For me automatic refresh rate in Kodi and a working sideloaded Amazon Video apk would make this device perfect.

nougat 1028 already has adb over network enabled, you should use latest official adb from google, there's no reason to use any other version.
just do the complete hack, you're not breaking anything... just enabling one more codec.

for adb over network, use:

adb connect yourmiboxipadress
(2017-11-17, 19:26)diogosena Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-16, 22:11)ionutm80 Wrote: [ -> ]
Hi,

nougat 1028 already has adb over network enabled, you should use latest official adb from google, there's no reason to use any other version.
just do the complete hack, you're not breaking anything... just enabling one more codec.

for adb over network, use:

adb connect yourmiboxipadress 
Thanks, I'll try that!
It does not seem to work, do I have to enable something on Mi Box? I get the error message below:

* daemon not running. starting it now at tcp:5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
unable to connect to 192.168.1.254:5555: cannot connect to 192.168.1.254:5555: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. (10061)
I´m kinda stuck here too, updated my Mi Box 3 to 1028, can connect to it via adb, but I always get a Permission denied when trying to use the chmod command. Any help please?

chmod: /sys/class/display/mode: Permission denied
(2017-11-17, 22:58)theface Wrote: [ -> ]I´m kinda stuck here too, updated my Mi Box 3 to 1028, can connect to it via adb, but I always get a Permission denied when trying to use the chmod command. Any help please?

And @ionutm80 :
To use adb over wifi you have to enable USB debugging in Developer options!
...after doing that do "adb connect ipaddress"
The do "adb root"..then repeat "adb connect ipaddress", "adb shell", inside shell do "setenforce 0" and chmod 666 from wrxtasy post.cheers
(2017-11-18, 03:03)llonca13 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-17, 22:58)theface Wrote: [ -> ]I´m kinda stuck here too, updated my Mi Box 3 to 1028, can connect to it via adb, but I always get a Permission denied when trying to use the chmod command. Any help please?

And @ionutm80 :
To use adb over wifi you have to enable USB debugging in Developer options!
...after doing that do "adb connect ipaddress"
The do "adb root"..then repeat "adb connect ipaddress", "adb shell", inside shell do "setenforce 0" and chmod 666 from wrxtasy post.cheers 

Thank you very much! That actually worked out finally. But another problem came up. After enabling and disabling USB debug mode, my external HDD won´t get recognized anymore without rebooting the device, which leads to the loss of the hack. So it´s impossible to make it work obviously...
(2017-11-18, 09:56)theface Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much! That actually worked out finally. But another problem came up. After enabling and disabling USB debug mode, my external HDD won´t get recognized anymore without rebooting the device, which leads to the loss of the hack. So it´s impossible to make it work obviously...

You tryed disconnecting and reconnecting again after enabling USB Debugging?
It worked for me, a totally different watching experience! Thanks a lot!
Did anybody notice nougat killing apps in background?
For example when you leave device on in Youtube app, when you switch back to Kodi (or spmc) it reloads again the whole app which is a real PITA considering how many thing it has to load everytime for me (iptv,tv guide,emby), takes almost one minute to fully load.
The same is for Netflix and any other app, after some time in background the OS kills it so it has to reload completely.
Is this happening to everybody on Nougat? I dont remember this happening before..hmm...only noticed it a few days ago. Is there a workaround? Thanks
(2017-11-18, 12:27)llonca13 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-18, 09:56)theface Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much! That actually worked out finally. But another problem came up. After enabling and disabling USB debug mode, my external HDD won´t get recognized anymore without rebooting the device, which leads to the loss of the hack. So it´s impossible to make it work obviously...

You tryed disconnecting and reconnecting again after enabling USB Debugging? 
yes, of course. I unplugged my external hdd, enabled USB debugging, made the changes, disabled it again and plugged my HDD back in. But it doesn´t get recognized until I reboot the device. I wonder how it´s possible that it works for others though...
Idk I use only Ethernet adapter on my usb port. Weird.