Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry for offtopic guys :

@wrxtasy  Is there any way to make Odroid C2 convert HDR to SDR? Using official LE (and your BT TESTING Smile ) the color is washed out. I really would like to use it for my new projector (but I have alot of HDR content, and projector is nonHDR) and switch my main TV kodi machine  to Generic s905x. Thanks in advance for the answer. I dont see you active on Odroid forum thats why im hijacking this theme here. Sorry for offtopic everyone..
@ Wheresthebeef:

NotSoShitty Nightly-Kodi-Build fix the TV-Problem on Kodi. I tried it with VDR-VNSI-Server and PVR-Addon. No Framedrops HW-Decoder always on. Everything works fine for me.
Only the hardware-upscaling from SD ist weak - but thats another problem.
Just seen this.....

New Mi Box 4 due?
https://www.gizmochina.com/2018/01/26/xi...ease-date/
I can't get Kodi to run smoothly with Tvheadend PVR add on using Kodi 18 Nightly builds on Mi Box 3 with Marshmallow.

Any Ideas?
You cannot get proper TV deinterlacing on any AMLogic box if it uses Mediacodec hardware video decoding.
Even ATV's Live Channels TV deinterlacing does not work properly on the Mi Box.

Android Kodi Krypton / Leia uses Mediacodec only hardware video decoding, same with SPMC on the Mi Box.

LibreELEC Kodi Krypton on AMLogic hardware uses Amcodec hardware video decoding and will give you high quality full motion Amcodec TV deinterlacing.

The Mi Box cannot run LibreELEC Kodi Krypton.
Xiaomi did not enable the Amcodec option when they compiled their Firmware - stupidly !

SPMC 16.7.2 (Kodi Jarvis) running on other AMLogic S9xx Marshmallow / Nougat boxes, some which now have L1 DRM and HDCP 1.x for 1080p Netflix, can still use - Amcodec hardware video decoding and deinterlacing. Such examples are the WeTek Hub / Play2, MECOOL M8S Pro L (and slower Pro+) & MINIX U9-H.
wrxtasy have you ever tried the mi box with the instatv program for live channels (needs HDhomerun tuner)?

I've used this and with the suggested decoder chosen in the settings menu the 1080i mpeg2 deinterlacing works very well.  I wonder how they get it to work.  I've tried this on Marshmallow, and all the Nougat Betas with the same success
Nice pickup Smile
No do not use a HD Homerun - but a seperate DIY TvH server only.

The Insta TV program very likely includes the necessary Amcodec binaries to directly address the AML hardware and do AMLogic hardware deinterlacing - effectively bypassing Google's Android OS.

I do see this on the Playstore however:
Quote:Works with Mi Box and Hdhomerun extend however.. Using the free hardware codec with no bandwidth restrictions does the trick. However there is a very annoying glitch were turners are not released making the homerun to look busy and render it useless till a reset it done on the homerun box. InstaTV has the right codecs for this box with no pixelation and the right de-interlacing. this situation occurs with the built-in LiveTV app on this native AndroidTV box. I hope a fix its on their way.
On one version of the Mi Box's Beta developer - nougat Firmware you could hack SPMC and the Firmware to do this as well. No where near newb friendly tho.
Well I have a server running TVheadend capturing sat-TV and spread it over lan to our different TVs. Kodi has been working fine on all our klients, but in a recent time Kodi started to skipping frames and makes it impossible to watch TV. I guess it started with Kodi 18. I don't understand why it plays recorded material perfect, only live TV from TVheadend server is bad. And only on Mi Box. On Sony and Philips Android-TVs it works just fine.
Simply because Amcodec hardware acceleration and hardware deinterlacing was dropped in Android Kodi Krypton onwards in favour of Mediacodec only and AMLogic's Mediacodec hardware acceleration does not give you reliable or high quality deinterlacing for TV.
Ok, then there is no hope for a fix I guess... [emoji852]️
A workaround is to pause the video for a second after each shift of channel, then the picture is just perfect.
Hi,
Thanks to the guides there, i have probably found the device i need for Kodi and some addons.
Unfortunately going around for shops i've found that there are 2 versions:
One so called chinese version with the AmLogic processor
And one so called "International version" With the Arm Cortex A53 with those specs:
Android 6.0 
Cortex A53 
2.0GHz,Quad core 
GPU: Mali-450 
RAM: 2G 
DDR3 
rom: 8G 

I don't know if all mentioned in the sticky about compatibility and all this sort of things will work on the International version because the chinese version probably needs to be flashed or something.

Any idea?
Get the international version and enjoy!
(2018-01-31, 13:20)kdnoel Wrote: [ -> ]Get the international version and enjoy!
 Hi, thank you for your fast reply.
Do you think that everything works the same as the AmLogic version?
Is kinda strange because the SOC is different...
Also, based on the posts before, it seems like is not possibile to watch live tv (streaming) over kodi on the Xiaomi?
"Mediacodec bla bla"
I'll need to let others reply to your questions regarding live streaming.
I find this box to be the best bang for the buck.
It satisfied all of our basic needs in cutting off of cable TV.
It simply works.
So you report that yours is the international version with the Arm Cortex and work everything as the AmLogic chinese version? Thanks for your help.