Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Actually it seems that the issue with IR commands is more subtle. The basic commands (i.e. the ones that are available on the BT remote: on/off/OK/arrows/back/home) should work as before.

But with the original Android system there were a few additional IR signals that were understood by the Mi Box (the LED blinks) and that had by default no effect with any application. The good thing was that with Kody one could use the remapping features to associate useful actions with these additional commands, in this way I have Play/Pause/Stop/PageUp/PageDn

Some people report that these additional IR signals are completely desactivated with Oreo (the LED does not blink anymore). It would be very helpful if somebody could test it further.
I have updatet the Mi Box to Oreo but now kodi cant access to connected USB storage.
VLC works fine.

Kodi Update needed?
(2018-06-27, 12:27)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure USB ADB debugging in disabled in Developer options.
The new Linux Kernel should have better connectivity vs Marshmallow IF Xiaomi config the Kernel correctly at compile time.

The Ugreen Adapter I have has an ASIX chipset.
 Thanks for your advice. Actually all settings were correct. But I was trying to set Static IP. When I did so, I was getting no ethernet error. Changed to DHCP, worked fine but still wondering why Static IP is not working.

Also, I noticed that in the Dev Options, in USB mode, there is a one called RNDIS USB Ethernet. Not sure if it is better to have this.
(2018-06-26, 15:33)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Still broken:
- Kodi deinterlacing, it's still poor quality half motion.
- auto refresh switching (the Android settings HDMI Adaptation option does nothing)
- no auto resolution switching either.

- still no Netflix DD+ > DD audio downmixing available, even tho the Mi Box is Dolby Audio licensed.
- Oreo now has NO Quick Apps switcher like there was in Nougat Firmware, really liked that switching functionality.

I have been looking at the Mi Box and am wondering if this is a particular Mi Box or a Kodi issue? Is there a working workaround?

Is there an alternative to the Mi Box with an actual Android TV OS, besides the Shield?
(2018-06-28, 10:04)shrugg1e Wrote: [ -> ]I have updatet the Mi Box to Oreo but now kodi cant access to connected USB storage.
VLC works fine.

Kodi Update needed?
 Yes definitely kodi needs an update. It´s now targeting android API level 22 Lollipop which is an outdated OS.
Personally I would try MrMC if having issues with Kodi.
It’s now installable on to the Mi Box from the Playstore. There is a trial version too.
(2018-06-27, 07:24)jlmcr87 Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi really needs an update in the Code. It targets android Lollipop API level 22. I think It is Oreo time, API level 27.
I use kodi as a media player, and if i cant read USB drives now for me It has no use.

I fully agree. I also use the fantastic kodi as onlya media player but no NTFS or exFat support stops that.

Hopefully the devs will do an update soon. Fingers crossed!!!
(2018-06-28, 16:53)bazzwhiz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-27, 07:24)jlmcr87 Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi really needs an update in the Code. It targets android Lollipop API level 22. I think It is Oreo time, API level 27.
I use kodi as a media player, and if i cant read USB drives now for me It has no use.

I fully agree. I also use the fantastic kodi as onlya media player but no NTFS or exFat support stops that.

Hopefully the devs will do an update soon. Fingers crossed!!! 
For those with problems with kodi not reading USB drives, comment on here: https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17939#comment:2
Thx for creating a ticket, i leave a comment there.

(2018-06-28, 16:43)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Personally I would try MrMC if having issues with Kodi.
It’s now installable on to the Mi Box from the Playstore. There is a trial version too.

Got the same problem with MrMC!
New version of Xiaomi MiBox coming to the US market soon.......

https://www.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-mi...ix-button/
Did a bit of Logging with Oreo on the Mi Box - the underlying new AMLogic Linux Kernel changed a few things:

This is why Kodi Refresh Switching will not work when you select HDMI Self Adaptation in Android settings:

Code:
2682  2682 E SystemControl: writeSysFs, open /sys/class/tv/policy_fr_auto fail.
6900  6900 D kodi    : Setting changed: content://settings/system/key_hdmi_selfadaption

The old - tv/policy_fr_auto - SysFs node no longer exists with the new v4.9.54 Linux Kernel.
As I've been saying the SystemControl binary has to be modded.

Also extracted the v4.9.54 Kernel Config and CONFIG_NTFS_FS=y is definitely enabled. Not sure how Android Oreo handles NTFS formatted Hard Drives.

Mi.Box.Kernel.config.txt (click)
Anyone here having issues with 5ghz wireless network? 
Wifi is very stable on my end. 
I noticed when I tried streaming  a 60GB 4k remux video over my local network it started stuttering with Kodi. 
I tried checking the bandwidth and noticed it was stuck at 50 to 60 Mbps. 
I tried Plex using direct play and also NFS server. still the same. 
the mibox is just right next to the wireless AP.
i performed an Iperf test and its really stuck at 60 Mbps. 

I tried to isolate the issue and also performed an Iperf test with my shield 2017 and nexus player. 
both getting 150 Mbps to 280 Mbps bandwidth with Iperf on the same wireless AP one room away. 
already tried tweaking the channels and channel width. 
Tried another 5Ghz router and still only one getting mediocre speeds was the mibox.
(2018-06-29, 18:59)duepointe Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone here having issues with 5ghz wireless network? 
Wifi is very stable on my end. 
I noticed when I tried streaming  a 60GB 4k remux video over my local network it started stuttering with Kodi. 
I tried checking the bandwidth and noticed it was stuck at 50 to 60 Mbps. 
I tried Plex using direct play and also NFS server. still the same. 
the mibox is just right next to the wireless AP.
i performed an Iperf test and its really stuck at 60 Mbps. 

I tried to isolate the issue and also performed an Iperf test with my shield 2017 and nexus player. 
both getting 150 Mbps to 280 Mbps bandwidth with Iperf on the same wireless AP one room away. 
already tried tweaking the channels and channel width. 
Tried another 5Ghz router and still only one getting mediocre speeds was the mibox.
Same issue on 2.4 Ghz. I have a 50 Mbps line and I am only getting 10 Mbps on the Mi Box, router sits right next to the box.
(2018-06-29, 05:33)clarkss12 Wrote: [ -> ]New version of Xiaomi MiBox coming to the US market soon.......

https://www.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-mi...ix-button/
not that new looks like exactly the same HW just a new remote.
Hi all,

To add to the cons on this update

There seems to be an issue if you have your mibox connected via an AV amp/Soundbar - TV and something in the chain past the amp/soundbar is not hdcp 2.2.

Basically you get the boot screen and then it goes blank, a signal is showing as being recieved by the TV but no picture.

It works if you connect directly to the TV or put a splitter between the MiBox and the amp/Soundbar it seems to be just if the first comnection is hdcp 2.2 and the rest of the chain is lower. This is conjecture rigjt now as Im not able to prove but the evidence does seem to point at this.

This chain also worked in MM

if you have this issue can you PM the make/model of your amp/soundbar and TV please, im trying to see if there's any theme so I can pass thie info onto Xiaomi