Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did anyone manage to reconfigure the remote to add a Menu button to it?
Using Multilanguage key remapper app... I disable the voice and it is now my info button. but I am not using this online either it is strictly to streaming from my local server to my TV full Blu-ray rips about 15ft from router. and I do get a hiccup ever once in a while. still testing.
(2016-10-11, 01:41)rodalpho Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-10, 07:03)joalin Wrote: [ -> ]Please inform Lon about this so that he can correct his video Angel
This specific device has a problem with USB. It does not apply to other devices.
Well I'm happy that your strong advise about using the adapter is accurate then, for other boxes at least.
(2016-10-11, 04:40)Friko Wrote: [ -> ]Did anyone manage to reconfigure the remote to add a Menu button to it?

Answering my own question (thanks to wrxtasy) here. Long press the middle button
Was anyone able to play any HDR content on Netflix in mi box, Its only showing UHD for me
Answered already. There's no HDR as yet... coming sometime at a later point.
So far, the box has been struggling playing back my 4K videos. I'm using ethernet gigabit adapter btw.
(2016-10-11, 16:07)Friko Wrote: [ -> ]So far, the box has been struggling playing back my 4K videos. I'm using ethernet gigabit adapter btw.

According to timStephens24 you'll probably get a lot better results if you try with a good AC router:

timstephens24 Wrote:
USB 3.0 Ethernet adapter: 41.33Mbps / 43.95Mbps / 42.43Mbps
802.11AC: 69.30Mbps / 63.84Mbps / 63.25Mbps[/i]
Hey guys, where can I find the factory ROM (img or boot files) for the Mi Box 4k?
(2016-10-11, 15:54)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Answered already. There's no HDR as yet... coming sometime at a later point.
Weird as on avs forums people say they get amazon and netflix HDR
If you have an HDR capable TV and the 4 Screen Netflix streaming plan, available titles will display an HDR logo next to their description Image

NetFlix Show displays logo

@movie78 did you make any setting changes in your TV or mi box to enable HDR
(2016-10-11, 20:25)bourne51 Wrote: [ -> ]@movie78 did you make any setting changes in your TV or mi box to enable HDR

MI Box-Under Display Setting and your option will be AUTO/ON/OFF
My TV HDR is Auto,HDR turns On once it detects HDR signal

ISSUE
Quote:Once you try an HDR file the HDR signal on your TV doesn't turn off unless you switch the TV input, that is the only way I found to turn HDR off signal on my TV, that is something that Xiaomi need to fix
(2016-10-11, 03:45)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]But that's beside the point, saying that BD's are only 15Mbps is just not accurate because you don't know whether each individual person is compressing their files or not, so you always have to use the max of the standard.
Straw man. I never said BDs are 15Mbps. That is obviously not true. I said 1080p video tops out around 15Mbps-- and unless you rip your BDs without compression, it does.
Well... I could resist no longer. I got one today Smile

I am not going to repeat what others have already reported.

I can confirm that HDR certainly works for all refresh rates (unlike the Shield) and yes once enabled it gets stuck in HDR mode. There is no HDR for Netflix as of today.

On Kodi 17 beta 4 I only got Dolby Digital and DTS (not all) passthrough to work. No Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD Master Audio. No multichannel PCM.

As for SPMC, it looks like Koying has his work cut out for him. 10-bit HEVC videos didn't play properly at all (pixelated mess).

Regarding 24p refresh rates, it was all over the place. I got 23.855 (deep color mode on), 23.892 (deep color mode off), 23.997 (desktop) for 1080p. For 4K, I got 23.999 (8-bit), 24.009 (10-bit). You can enable deep color for 1080p, but it doesn't actually change the output color depth.

Lastly, no 3D MVC decode or frame packing output.