Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just updated kodi from 17.6 to 18.

I used to keep the mediacodec surface disabled since using hue plugin and working fine with kodi 17.6.

Now with kodi 18 all the 1080p files stutter a lot of I keep mediacodec surface disabled. Any solution to the stutter?

All other files from 720p and below are working fine.
(2019-02-05, 10:54)Haikoan Wrote: [ -> ]I just updated kodi from 17.6 to 18.

I used to keep the mediacodec surface disabled since using hue plugin and working fine with kodi 17.6.

Now with kodi 18 all the 1080p files stutter a lot of I keep mediacodec surface disabled. Any solution to the stutter?

We are working on it, a powrevert from @fritsch has to be plugged added to further increase SW decode and ARM render performance.

See HERE (click)
I installed the kodi version 18.1 in the link, problem still exist. If I disable mediacodec surface all the 1080p still stutter.
(2019-02-05, 11:45)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-05, 10:54)Haikoan Wrote: [ -> ]I just updated kodi from 17.6 to 18.

We are working on it, a powrevert from @fritsch has to be plugged added to further increase SW decode and ARM render performance.

See HERE (click)

Installed from this link http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk

As said above, 1080p still stutter with mediacodec disabled
For those having major issues with mpeg2 playback and deinterlacing on ARM Android Kodi platforms, recently Kodi Leia 18.1 RC nightlies (click) now have much improved decoding thx. to @peak3d. Smile

You at least now get decent half motion deinterlacing, which is OK for casual TV viewing.
There will still be issues for sports type viewing that has lots of video panning movement. That needs full motion deinterlacing.
Someone hack this pos so we can run libreelec on it. Big Grin
Thanks, but did not solve the problem. 1080p still stutter if mediacodec surface is disabled
Hello, no news about new beta ?
Hello, I have MiBox 3 and after update to Oreo, it still doesnt to turn on after few hours. I know this is common problem with this update, but I do not if there is some try to repair it. Where can I find out it? You mentioned here some beta version, is this beta version connected with this problem? Thanks
Okay ive got myself a Mi Box S and updated to 8.1.0 and everything in kodi is micro stutter, i tried all settings i can find in kodi and in the box but without success.. i even get stutter in archos, i run monitor and settings 4K60hz. is there any fix for this or should i just return the box?
(2019-02-20, 06:13)krok Wrote: [ -> ]Okay ive got myself a Mi Box S and updated to 8.1.0 and everything in kodi is micro stutter, i tried all settings i can find in kodi and in the box but without success.. i even get stutter in archos, i run monitor and settings 4K60hz. is there any fix for this or should i just return the box?

1) unless you are playing 4K content all the time stop using a Android Settings resolution of 4K

2) if you are playing high bitrate 4K content you will need a USB3 > Gigabit adapter. WiFi will not be good enough for all the audio and video data.

3) I doubt your regular PC monitor has any sort of motion smoothing or interpolation. Or your TV cannot do this:

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/motion/24p

Regular PC computer monitors will Not be a good match for watching 24p movie and TV content full stop. Micro stutter and judder city.

I happen to have one of those TV's that can do judder free 24p and just this morning I've been testing Kodi Leia + Android settings set to 1080p60Hz (and the Netflix Addon). 24p video playback was silky smooth. Not one Frame Skip.
It was surprisingly excellent, a LOT better vs using the actual Netflix App on the Mi Box.

Ultimately Kodi media players that can do both Frame Rate Matching and Auto Resolution switching is what you need, BUT you also need to use an actual TV that has some sort of 24p movie of cinema mode in TV settings as well.

If anyone is having issues with the Kodi Leia Netflix Addon with the Mi Box, it's been fixed by @peak3d and the fix is included in the latest Kodi Leia 18.2RC nightly:

https://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/android/arm/master/
(2019-02-20, 06:37)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]If anyone is having issues with the Kodi Leia Netflix Addon with the Mi Box, it's been fixed by @peak3d and the fix is included in the latest Kodi Leia 18.2RC nightly:

https://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/android/arm/master/

Not that I have issues with 18.1, but what fix is that?

Still waiting for auto framerate switching update to arrive, hopefully without removing hdaudio passthrough support.
(2019-02-20, 06:37)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]I happen to have one of those TV's that can do judder free 24p and just this morning I've been testing Kodi Leia + Android settings set to 1080p60Hz (and the Netflix Addon). 24p video playback was silky smooth. Not one Frame Skip.
It was surprisingly excellent, a LOT better vs using the actual Netflix App on the Mi Box. 
 Hello

I missed something here: your TV has a good 24p mode, but if your content is 24p, and your Mi Box setting is 60 Hz, how the TV "knows" that it should use the 24p mode ?
Yep without auto frame rate, it's not possible Wink
The current missing HD audio passthrough support is based on the Xiaomi firmware (its not a KODI bug).