Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-04-04, 08:02)chrisrey Wrote: [ -> ]firmware 2562
Received the update as well. Haven;'t noticed any differences as yet. 4K over wifi is still a no go.
with 2562, they set auto switch rate display option by default and with this option I'm in 720P! My screen is 1080P by default. And still cut off sound in DD+ with Netflix. Sad. Have bought a fire stick gen2 to try if DD+ sound is ok with Netflix.
(2019-04-05, 03:35)fleeball Wrote: [ -> ]
Received the update as well. Haven;'t noticed any differences as yet. 4K over wifi is still a no go.
After this update I was able to play matrix 4k remux over my network. I tested many times before and didn't work.
(2019-04-05, 12:59)ikarione Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-05, 03:35)fleeball Wrote: [ -> ]
After this update I was able to play matrix 4k remux over my network. I tested many times before and didn't work. 
With wifi 4k playback is not smooth at all. I use a UGREEN USB to Gigabit Ethernet adapter connected to my MiBOX at 1Gb speed back to my switch. My files are shared on a QNAP NAS. I use Plex and manage my media Library and the Plex Kodi Connect addon to playback the media in Kodi. Even at 1G network connection on the MiBOX playback is not smooth. The exact same setup works perfectly using an nVidia Shield.

From my countless hours of testing 4K video on the MiBOX direct playback from Kodi File manager provides the best experience, although on most videos I still get buffering issues.
(2019-04-05, 14:48)fleeball Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-05, 12:59)ikarione Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-05, 03:35)fleeball Wrote: [ -> ]Received the update as well. Haven;'t noticed any differences as yet. 4K over wifi is still a no go. 
With wifi 4k playback is not smooth at all. I use a UGREEN USB to Gigabit Ethernet adapter connected to my MiBOX at 1Gb speed back to my switch. My files are shared on a QNAP NAS. I use Plex and manage my media Library and the Plex Kodi Connect addon to playback the media in Kodi. Even at 1G network connection on the MiBOX playback is not smooth. The exact same setup works perfectly using an nVidia Shield.

From my countless hours of testing 4K video on the MiBOX direct playback from Kodi File manager provides the best experience, although on most videos I still get buffering issues. 
I'm surprised by this. I have a basic setup and tested playing the file on my computer(46GB remux). The Mi Box are connected at 5Ghz, and I have a TP Link Archer C2 with gigabit port. It's a very basic router and I never expected to work well, but worked yesterday after the update. Do you know if Kodi compress the quality to play smooth? I'll try to film my results and post here later.
KODY doesn't compress anything Wink
Perhaps its little off topic, but with new update you can also use my app that i created originally for Shield TV.
It allows to set different refresh rate per app, and quick change refresh rate by osd menu.
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...rate-tool/
(2019-04-05, 16:01)TaMaX Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps its little off topic, but with new update you can also use my app that i created originally for Shield TV.
It allows to set different refresh rate per app, and quick change refresh rate by osd menu.

Hello Guy,
I tested your amazing app on my shield tv and the mibox S, and it works good with Mycanal 25hz(french stream tv app), Netflix 23,976, but no with amazon vidéo.
Thanks à lot for this work...
(2019-04-05, 20:37)Ogreen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-05, 16:01)TaMaX Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps its little off topic, but with new update you can also use my app that i created originally for Shield TV.

Hello Guy,
I tested your amazing app on my shield tv and the mibox S, and it works good with Mycanal 25hz(french stream tv app), Netflix 23,976, but no with amazon vidéo.
Thanks à lot for this work... 

Can you elaborate more, what is wrong with amazon ?
I believe in amazon half content is 25.00 fps, and other half is 23.97 fps, so there is no golden setting for it. But you can adjust rate manually by OSD menu.
May be I'm wrong, my shield tv setting is 4k 60hz,
Any frequency I choose for Amazon video, the result is always 60hz.
But the name of the amazon app is refresh rate tool list is strange, it's amazon video and an Another word I don't remember :-)
(2019-04-05, 21:03)Ogreen Wrote: [ -> ]May be I'm wrong, my shield tv setting is 4k 60hz,
Any frequency I choose for Amazon video, the result is always 60hz.
But the name of the amazon app is refresh rate tool list is strange, it's amazon video and an Another word I don't remember :-)

You should look for 'Prime' or 'Prime someting' name i believe. Can't check it at this moment.
OK I choose the wrong app lol
I'm gonna see that, Thanks for your help Smile
Yes you're right, it was prime video, it works perfectly, you are the Best lol
All I need now is working with good frame rate, on shield tv and mibox.
Amazing job Smile
what a perfect solution for Netflix if you are in 1080P using Fire stick TV gen2! DD+ plays perfect without any cut off! Even Kodi plays better! I tried to set my MIBOX3 correctly for more than 2 years now, still waiting for the last firmware update, but no hope, I really did the wrong choice with this box. And again, if you do not need 4K, a simple Amazon Fire stick TV gen 2 is a better option.
I have doubt about the kodi, for example a trailer with sound true HD, which settings I need to have to throughput the sound for my avr at least in multi channel. Right now is only sending PCM 2.0, I already chooses on settings to activate the throughput and configuration 5.1 but no results..

I'm using mi box s