Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-10-21, 08:35)Geeeronimo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-17, 20:21)cf7777 Wrote: [ -> ]To fix Non responsive remote to wakup Mi box 3 with Pie 9 OS
Goto
▶▶▶Settings
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶Apps
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶Special Permissions
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷▷Energy Optimization

find following Apps and Uncheck

TV Remote Service
Bluetooth

Works Every nite now. Press Home button will wake up. press home once then wait few seconds,. and press home button again.

Thanks but it doesn't work for me. I already noticed that when the box doesn't wake up with the BT remote, a second press on the button often solves the problem. But this behavior doesn't seem to be related to the settings you mention.

Anyway my problem is with the IR remote (Logitech Harmony). In that case multiple press does not wake up the box, whatever the settings.

I also have other bugs with this ATV9 update. For example after a first use of Kodi (video playing), put the box into sleep mode, then after a few minutes/hours wake up (with the BT remote), the home screen and apps look OK but neither Kodi nor any streaming application works, the only solution is to reboot the box. I don't observe this problem if I don't use Kodi at all. Also if I leave the box in sleep mode for at least one day, then usually it's OK.

In short, the box is a mess with this update.

So you do not have bluetooth with Harmony remote?
should use that instead of ir.
(2020-10-23, 10:14)weejaya Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-19, 12:41)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-19, 12:24)qrko Wrote: [ -> ]However when on same mibox I run Kodi with audio passthrough enabled then soundbar instantly shows dolby "dolby atmos true hd" on movies which has it.
Will I loose that ability when I upgrade to Android 9?

Hi.

Yes you will. If you still want Kodi HD audio passthru on the original 2016 Mi Box then stay on Oreo v8.0

See here:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2971199

Hi, is it possible to downgrade back to Oreo?

If the bootloader is not updated, you can push the oreo firmware zip file via adb. Mostly bootloader might have been updated during pie update - in that case, you can't downgrade. If the firmware says beta, you may be able to downgrade.
(2020-10-27, 01:29)mrkalpakkam Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-23, 10:14)weejaya Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-19, 12:41)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi.

Yes you will. If you still want Kodi HD audio passthru on the original 2016 Mi Box then stay on Oreo v8.0

See here:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2971199

Hi, is it possible to downgrade back to Oreo?

If the bootloader is not updated, you can push the oreo firmware zip file via adb. Mostly bootloader might have been updated during pie update - in that case, you can't downgrade. If the firmware says beta, you may be able to downgrade.

Pie update via OTA, supposed to be official, is there anyway to check the bootloader?where can i get the Oreo zip file?
many thanks
(2020-10-27, 08:40)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.androidsage.com/2018/06/25/d...o-install/

Thanks Bro....
(2020-10-27, 08:14)weejaya Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-27, 01:29)mrkalpakkam Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-23, 10:14)weejaya Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, is it possible to downgrade back to Oreo?

Pie update via OTA, supposed to be official, is there anyway to check the bootloader?where can i get the Oreo zip file?
many thanks
Check this thread.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android...e-t3737186
This has some info on how to downgrade OS. Most likely you can't downgrade bootloader as Oreo and Pie updates have locked bootloaders. This may brick the mibox so I won't recommend.
What you can safely try is get the oreo firmware from the mediafire link in the above xda thread and try to update it via usb in bootloader mode. Instructions are in that thread. If it takes, it means same bootloader - you are good. If it is not, then no way to downgrade unless you find some hardware hack to downgrade.
Ever since I updated to Android 9, old movies that have mono audio play as "stereo". Can anyone play this sample file and see if the audio only comes from the center speaker? Thanks.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7txqdqfpyd...e.mkv/file
I have a MIBOX3 that says 8.0.0, March 5 2019, Kernel 4.9.4 in the system info.
I installed Kodi Leia from the play store. but the MI Box hasn't been used for about a year and a half.
I bought it brand new and it works fine except for jerking in the video played from a local hard disk.
My usage for the box consists only of playing movies from a USB connected hard drive, and once in a while casting Amazon prime from a smart phone.
I currently use a Pioneer receiver with the MI connected via optical to the Pioneer and DTS works perfectly with videos having that audio source.  Video goes straight from the MI to the TV via HDMI.

My question is this:  Should I update the MI Box to the latest firmware?   (I powered it up and saw a message wanting me to download and install the update).

I quit using the box because the video stuttered and sometimes jerked and dropped frames.  It's my understanding that has been fixed with an update.

I don't want to lose DTS capability.  (It's an old receiver so I'm not sure if this it DTS HD).

Have the video issues been fixed and will DTS still work?   I don't do netflix or any other streaming apps.

Thanks in advance,

BluegrassPicker
(2020-11-01, 04:46)Bluegrass Picker Wrote: [ -> ]I have a MIBOX3 that says 8.0.0, March 5 2019, Kernel 4.9.4 in the system info.
I installed Kodi Leia from the play store. but the MI Box hasn't been used for about a year and a half.
I bought it brand new and it works fine except for jerking in the video played from a local hard disk.
My usage for the box consists only of playing movies from a USB connected hard drive, and once in a while casting Amazon prime from a smart phone.
I currently use a Pioneer receiver with the MI connected via optical to the Pioneer and DTS works perfectly with videos having that audio source.  Video goes straight from the MI to the TV via HDMI.

My question is this:  Should I update the MI Box to the latest firmware?   (I powered it up and saw a message wanting me to download and install the update).

I quit using the box because the video stuttered and sometimes jerked and dropped frames.  It's my understanding that has been fixed with an update.

I don't want to lose DTS capability.  (It's an old receiver so I'm not sure if this it DTS HD).

Have the video issues been fixed and will DTS still work?   I don't do netflix or any other streaming apps.

Thanks in advance,

BluegrassPicker

- Mi Box v9.0 Pie Firmware is snappier vs anything that has come before.
- HDMI CEC has always been problematic - disable it completely if there are Wake from Sleep or similar problems.

- Pie Firmware removes Kodi HD audio support - DD, DD+, DD+/Atmos and regular DTS audio passthrough all still work.
- You need to go into Mi Box audio settings and select SPDIF if you want 5.1 DD only audio from Netflix or Prime Video.

- Kodi auto Frame Rate Matching and a bit of Motion Smoothing / Interpolation in a TV's settings produces smooth video playback for the majority of regularly encoded video files. If you want smooth video playback you need to use Kodi's auto Frame Rate Matching / Refresh Switching in Kodi settings.
- VC-1 Bluray Rips will still be problematic.

- The Amazon Prime Video App is now included in Pie Firmware.
Hi there

I'm surprised that nobody mentions the major bug concerning the decoding of h264 videos since the pie 9.0 update of the Mibox.
Since the pie 9.0 update of my Mibox 3 I have an Image Ghosting problem in dark scenes. This is a problem that didn't exist in 8.1 to my knowledge and that makes it very painful to watch h264 movies in dark scenes (whatever the player used).

Does anyone know if this problem is being fixed at Xiaomi? Does it only affect some Miboxes?

Other users seem to have the same problem as well:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=352389
https://www.reddit.com/r/MiBox/comments/..._decoding/
https://www.reddit.com/r/MiBox/comments/..._on_black/
I use USB3 to Ethernet adaptor in Oreo no issue mibox 3.

Pie 9 kills the ethernet. No dice even after I enabled usb ethernet in developer option.

One video app now stuttering with 5ghz wifi.

Anyone has a solution? or how to report to xiaomi
(2020-11-03, 01:01)cf7777 Wrote: [ -> ]I use USB3 to Ethernet adaptor in Oreo no issue mibox 3.

Pie 9 kills the ethernet. No dice even after I enabled usb ethernet in developer option.

To me it only happens when I activate a VPN, what I do is to unplug the usb Ethernet adapter for some seconds and then plug it back and I get the connection back and it stays connected, this without having to reboot MiBox, hope this works for you
(2020-11-03, 01:41)mutagen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-03, 01:01)cf7777 Wrote: [ -> ]I use USB3 to Ethernet adaptor in Oreo no issue mibox 3.

To me it only happens when I activate a VPN, what I do is to unplug the usb Ethernet adapter for some seconds and then plug it back and I get the connection back and it stays connected, this without having to reboot MiBox, hope this works for you

Thx for the suggestion, but it did not work for me.
 what kind of usb setting in your developer option?
(2020-10-28, 02:41)mrkalpakkam Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-27, 08:14)weejaya Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-27, 01:29)mrkalpakkam Wrote: [ -> ]If the bootloader is not updated, you can push the oreo firmware zip file via adb. Mostly bootloader might have been updated during pie update - in that case, you can't downgrade. If the firmware says beta, you may be able to downgrade.

many thanks
Check this thread.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android...e-t3737186
This has some info on how to downgrade OS. Most likely you can't downgrade bootloader as Oreo and Pie updates have locked bootloaders. This may brick the mibox so I won't recommend.
What you can safely try is get the oreo firmware from the mediafire link in the above xda thread and try to update it via usb in bootloader mode. Instructions are in that thread. If it takes, it means same bootloader - you are good. If it is not, then no way to downgrade unless you find some hardware hack to downgrade.
Ok thanks Bro
(2020-11-04, 00:37)cf7777 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-03, 01:41)mutagen Wrote: [ -> ]

Thx for the suggestion, but it did not work for me.
 what kind of usb setting in your developer option?
I have not touched does options I do not even know how to access them