Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-11-07, 09:12)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-07, 07:01)banshee2008 Wrote: [ -> ]I have noticed that latest SPMC from Google Play (16.4 based, I believe) will not play H.265 content correctly on the mibox; I get green screen. However, the latest Kodi from Google Play (16.1 based) plays it fine.
Anyone know the reason for that?
Strange... Could you try on spmc with the "plain" mediacodec disabled, leaving "surface" on?

"Plain" mediacode disabled with "surface" on is my standard setting. I find that many H.264 videos don't play smoothly with plain mediacodec enabled.

I have tried all the combinations of "plain" mediacodec and mediacodec surface enabled/disabled. None of them allow H.265 to play correctly on SPC. (But Kodi 16.1 is fine, as I mentioned.)

If it helps, here is what mediainfo says about the video I'm playing:
- 1 video stream: HEVC
- 1 audio stream: AC-3
- Overall Bitrate 4388 kbps
- First Video Stream: 4001 kbps, 3840x2064, 23.976 FPS, HEVC (Main 10@L5@Main)
- First Audio Stream: 384 kbps, 48.0 kHz, 16 bits, 6 channels, AC-3
Is it possible to get the remote working as a mouse? Some apps, Kodi included are a bit tricky to use with the remote. I noticed there's an app called mouse toggle for the Fire tv, but that one isn't compatible with the Mi Box, unfortunately.
forgive me if I misspeak but I see your HEVC is (Main 10) does that mean 10-bit? If so, I think that may be the problem as I've seen a lot of people say that 10bit 4K is just a green garbled mess on the Mi box
Hey guys,

Interested in MiBox as a cheap alternative to nVidia Shield.
- Any hope of having interlaced content (live tv) hardware accelerated in the future?
- Does it play 1080p h264 content with DD and DTS in 24p?

This is my only 2 requirements.
Thanks!
Q. I'm a Newbie on a $100 budget using a 1080p TV, I do not need HD Audio and have no audio/video receiver (AVR).
I just want to plug in and power up, and run Kodi with minimal fuss. I don't care about anything else ?
  • Xiaomi Mi Box, mini review HERE
  • WeTek Hub
The website doesn't allow me to buy it. It shows the price and all but apparently it seems impossible to buy it.
(2016-11-08, 00:05)zenguy Wrote: [ -> ]The website doesn't allow me to buy it. It shows the price and all but apparently it seems impossible to buy it.

In witch site you are referring? If it's for the official xiaomi site the buy option is only available for US citizens and you have to switch to the US version of the site for that option to appear
(2016-11-08, 00:22)ippo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-08, 00:05)zenguy Wrote: [ -> ]The website doesn't allow me to buy it. It shows the price and all but apparently it seems impossible to buy it.

In witch site you are referring? If it's for the official xiaomi site the buy option is only available for US citizens and you have to switch to the US version of the site for that option to appear

I see.
Can you buy it from Europe somehow?
I found the solutionshop which importing mi box from US and ships it from UK but haven't manage to contact them yet
Hmm.

Maybe I'll have to look for something else then. It's a shame, though. It looks like a good cheap option.
i will propably go for wetek's products (there are android tv roms for some of them) if there's no sucess with this one , but i think i prefer the mi box cause it's an official android tv product
(2016-11-07, 18:10)nonnald Wrote: [ -> ]forgive me if I misspeak but I see your HEVC is (Main 10) does that mean 10-bit? If so, I think that may be the problem as I've seen a lot of people say that 10bit 4K is just a green garbled mess on the Mi box

Yes, that does mean 10-bit. But if "10bit 4K is just a green garbled mess on the Mibox"...then why can that very same video file be played in Kodi? That is the part I am trying to understand. Is there a difference in how 4K is implemented in SPMC?
(2016-11-08, 00:33)zenguy Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm.

Maybe I'll have to look for something else then. It's a shame, though. It looks like a good cheap option.

Look into freight forwarding. You get a us address that then forwards the items to you in whatever other country. I purchased from walmarts online store, delivered to my US address in nevada, and then forwarded on to me in Australia. Easy. Have done this for multiple items now. I used shipito but there are many companies that do this
The thought seems to be that it's the firmware on the mi box itself http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2446712
(2016-11-08, 04:57)nonnald Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, that does mean 10-bit. But if "10bit 4K is just a green garbled mess on the Mibox"...then why can that very same video file be played in Kodi? That is the part I am trying to understand. Is there a difference in how 4K is implemented in SPMC?
The thought seems to be that it's the firmware on the mi box itself http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2446712