Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-11-08, 00:30)ippo Wrote: [ -> ]I found the solutionshop which importing mi box from US and ships it from UK but haven't manage to contact them yet

Hi Guys,

We just found this thread due to the large amount of traffic coming from it to our website. Its great to see so many people so excited about the Mi Box.

Can you direct message your email address and we will get back you ASAP.

If anyone else has any questions, ask them here or contact us at [email protected]

Thanks,

Ben
The Solution Shop
Netflix 4k works fine and im in Australia also (youtube 4k also ok). Im on nbn 100mbit and no buffering issues, 4k screen using the provided hdmi cable with the mi box.

Re: freightforwarding, you will have to check your own country's laws regarding import tax, if the package cost's under $1000 australian we don't have to pay any import fee's so it makes it a no brainer here.
I've been informed Aliexpress has a Global discount sale commencing 11.11.2016.

Plain Packaged, USA Spec, 2GB Mi Boxes for International Customers are being discounted.
These are confirmed Legit DRM and HDCP Mi Boxes for protected 4K online video streaming.

As an example you could get one Express Delivered for AUD$120 to Australia.

The Mi Box actually has an IR receiver along the front edge that is undocumented in the Tech Specs.

I been playing with my Harmony One - programmed as a Mi Box and yes it actually works the same as the BT remote.
Just have to reprogram a few buttons for proper Kodi compatibility using Kodi's Keymap editor.
Question. If I want good deinterlacing, auto refresh rate change, HDR 10 bit support, Netflix 4k HDR + surround, good scaling which box should I get?
I already have the shield.
(2016-11-09, 04:31)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]I've been informed Aliexpress has a Global discount sale commencing 11.11.2016.

Plain Packaged, USA Spec, 2GB Mi Boxes for International Customers are being discounted.
These are confirmed Legit DRM and HDCP Mi Boxes for protected 4K online video streaming.

As an example you could get one Express Delivered for AUD$120 to Australia.

The Mi Box actually has an IR receiver along the front edge that is undocumented in the Tech Specs.

I been playing with my Harmony One - programmed as a Mi Box and yes it actually works the same as the BT remote.
Just have to reprogram a few buttons for proper Kodi compatibility using Kodi's Keymap editor.

Can you please post a link , cause the product pages i found on aliexpress for US mi boxes are very confusing . i beleive these are memohi boxes or mi box 3 (with xiaomi ui) and not the original .
Search "Xiaomi MI BOX Streaming Media Player Android TV 6"

You want the 2GB Android 6.0 HDR version. All the others have 1GB.
(2016-11-09, 04:31)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]The Mi Box actually has an IR receiver along the front edge that is undocumented in the Tech Specs.

Thanks for this info. Do you know if it's possible to power on the Mi Box with an IR remote? If not, does anyone know how to power the box on if the BT remote is lost or broken?
Just tested it out - as there is a "Power Toggle" virtual button on the LCD touchscreen of my Harmony One remote.

The Mi Box goes into standby, some time after I turn off my TV. I can Wake it up with the Power Toggle on the Harmony Remote.
The Power button can be user toggled in Android Settings to - Suspend & Resume or simply pullup the Reboot menu.
im interested in this box, im looking at ALIEXPRESS to buy one but there are so many versions of this box, not sure which is the real thing?

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?cat...omi+MI+BOX
You want the 2GB Android 6.0 HDR version. All the others have 1GB.

Model: MDZ-16-AB
I bough it from this eBay seller.. comes to EU in 2 weeks...
Hey @wrxtasy have you managed to remap the Bluetooth remote? I've been trying but haven't found the proper configuration yet. Specifically for the volume up and down buttons. Wouldn't mind replacing the microphone button as well.
(2016-11-09, 21:45)Idokfire Wrote: [ -> ]Hey @wrxtasy have you managed to remap the Bluetooth remote? I've been trying but haven't found the proper configuration yet. Specifically for the volume up and down buttons. Wouldn't mind replacing the microphone button as well.

I would also like to remap a couple of buttons, ideally would like to get the a/v stats mapped to microphone button or something similar. Hopefully someone can figure this out as was done on the aTV which ended up with a few different configs for the remote
Not possible with Android Kodi, due to the Remote control inputs being handled at an Android OS system level.
And even if you changed the remote mapping. Functionality would be broken in other Android Apps.

I tried remapping buttons for the IR Harmony, which then broke functionality of the BT remote. A no win situation.
I've also tried using a FLIRC USB IR receiver, mapped to a full keyboard and that is not working currently either.
Is it possible to connect the audio jack output, to an optical input u spidf?

https://www.amazon.es/KabelDirekt-Mini-T...+a+toslink

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/Ugreen-AV....16.z3337S

My Amplifier only has spidff input and digital rca

Gracias