Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can confirm that Logitech Harmony 555 can control Mi Box (added as: Media Center PC, Xiaomi, Mi Box)
This is only IR remote. So this works not through Bluetooth or HDMI-CEC.
In Logitech software all 11 buttons are there, and works: DirectionLeft/Right/Up/Down, Home, Menu, Ok, PowerToggle, Return, VolumeUp/Down.
Anyone know when the UK version is going to be released?

Thanks
Is there any extra setup or tricks you should worry about with the mi box?
(2016-11-26, 20:18)bubblegum57 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know when the UK version is going to be released?

Thanks
Black Friday Weekend sale:
https://www.thesolutionshop.co.uk/product/mi-box/

(2016-11-27, 04:44)sandogo1 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any extra setup or tricks you should worry about with the mi box?
Info already posted in the Mini Review HERE
Anyone has tried to play with 2 gamepads at the same time? Is it possible?
Thanks zival.
I hate that application Smile
I saw somewhere in this thread where someone asked if any of the Amazon Prime Video APK's work with this unit, as they do with the Shield... but I don't think there was a response. Has anyone tested?
I am sorry if this has been asked before, but does it support HD Audio passthrough? This feature is very important for me.

EDIT:
Confirmed it's not supported at this time.
I am still delighted with my box, but.

I do not know how to stop hdd, after suspending my box.

I can not write to the external hdd.

I am using skin eminence 2.0, thanks to wrxtasy. It's a wonder this skin
(2016-11-28, 08:46)zival Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone has tried to play with 2 gamepads at the same time? Is it possible?
Up
Btw, is there Android TV(!) 6.0 rom for any popular&cheap Android box Huh
So... No Bluetooth DualShock3(4) controller support..? I seen some youtube videos where ppl are using them with XBox One bluetooth's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scHU08zbFvA

How this box compares with MINIX AmLogic S905X Neo U1...?

Cheers!
The Sixaxis PS3 controller App needs root access to work on Android devices.

Root access on regular Android devices is done by flashing SuperSu.
The Mi Box is locked down tight with SecureLinux it cannot be rooted.

I can connect a Bluetooth PS3 controller to my WeTeK Hub because it can be rooted with SuperSu.

Search for the MINIX U1 thread here on the forum and compare yourself.
You cannot watch Netflix, HBO and those other protected online streaming Apps in 1080/2160p(4K) on any MINIX devices. They do not have the right DRM or Netflix approvals.

The Mi Box runs Android TV. The MINIX U1 does not.
The U1 will be a better Kodi Box than the Mi Box.
is there any way to flash the US firmware on the chinese mi box?
Chinese version?

Do you have my box with android tv model AB, or the previous version Mi Box 3 AA?