Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The writing error on the external hdd, is not just from my box. Users of nvidia shield same problem.

One possible solution, I have not tried.

The writing error on the external hdd, is not just from my box. Users of nvidia shield same problem.

One possible solution, I have not tried.

http://www.cnx-software.com/2012/08/26/h...n-android/

They also have the problem that the discs restart after the suspension.

So it seems like an Android problem
(2016-11-30, 04:10)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]The Mi Box is locked down tight with SecureLinux it cannot be rooted.
Actually slight correction here, the device can be rooted - but you cannot ulock the bootloader yet...
(this is not Newb friendly):
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost...ostcount=7
Anyone have solution with BD3d.iso?
Box stream 2d and I can't force it to stream 3D Smile
Can we expect a firmware upgrade with autoswitching refresh rate for 24p? It should be great.
Huh

There is way to contact xiaomi for add this feature?
(2016-11-30, 11:04)noisemake Wrote: [ -> ]Can we expect a firmware upgrade with autoswitching refresh rate for 24p? It should be great.
Huh
(2016-11-30, 11:44)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-30, 11:04)noisemake Wrote: [ -> ]Can we expect a firmware upgrade with autoswitching refresh rate for 24p? It should be great.
Huh

yes man , no one can know this Laugh; and it is also why i wrote "There is way to contact xiaomi for add this feature?" Wink
Would be awesome if you could share the recommended android settings @wrxtasy and SPMC settings @Koying for this device!
(2016-11-30, 11:44)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]
Huh

I had read somewhere here that the OTA firmware was done by google and not by xiaomi, so what does that mean in terms of fixing problems?
It has probably been asked before, but with Android Nougat requiring OpenGL ES 3.1, isn't this box a bit of a dead end? Mali 450 graphics is OpenGL ES 2.0 AFAIK. So there will never be Nougat on all those devices?
Well.....I bought a new Samsung TV last weekend and in setting everything up I've decided that the Raspberry Pi 3 with LibreElec is a better Kodi experience than the Mi Box. I use Kodi heavily for Live TV (via an HDHomerun Prime) and I just can't accept the interlacing problems of the Mi Box. I'm still hopeful that they'll update the firmware to fix some of these issues because it's a great little box that seems sooooo so close to being perfect (for my needs anyway). I love Android TV and the wireless AC and the voice functionality. I still have it plugged in and easily available via one of the inputs and I'm sure we'll continue using it for things like voice searches on YouTube, but I'm guiding my family to use the Raspi Kodi for day-to-day stuff until/if/when Xaiomi straightens this out.
(2016-11-27, 05:17)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-26, 20:18)bubblegum57 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know when the UK version is going to be released?

Thanks
Black Friday Weekend sale:
https://www.thesolutionshop.co.uk/product/mi-box/

i don't think is "UK version", it's only a seller with UK Warehouse( no import TAX for EU country ).
(2016-11-26, 09:17)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]My personal favourite is jurialmunkey's Jarvis Skin - Eminence 2.0

https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.emi...Jarvis.zip

Go to Kodi Settings > Addons and Install from .zip
Be patient while support files are downloaded as well.
Yes after some daily use of this and other skins I can say you are definitely right! Eminence 2.0 is very user friendly and media centric. Thanks! It should be placed in the official kodi skin repository!
(2016-12-01, 15:58)awp0 Wrote: [ -> ]I use Kodi heavily for Live TV (via an HDHomerun Prime) and I just can't accept the interlacing problems of the Mi Box.
I use the TVHeadend Live Channel that interfaces with Live Channels. mpeg2 and H264 1080i deinterlacing is working for me with this combo..

So deinterlacing does not work with this HDHomeRun VIEW in Live Channels ?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...st.mg.upnp
So the International Version of this box on Aliexpress is legit right? Everything works, including streaming 1080p on Netflix? Can someone please give some update?
(2016-12-02, 09:43)xoding Wrote: [ -> ]So the International Version of this box on Aliexpress is legit right? Everything works, including streaming 1080p on Netflix? Can someone please give some update?
Yes it Legit...

I had an International version Mi Box arrive this morning for my sister from Aliexpress and it is the same Spec (MDZ-16-AB) as the USA Mi Box minus the Orange box packaging. Oh and this one came with a Euro Plug Power Pack.

A word of warning there is a seller on Aliexpress called MOBASE I had quite a number of problems with them with incorrect tracking (x3). Extensive delays and deceptive conduct. Other guys from Oz have been using the MeMoSmart Store with good service.

Stay away from the MOBASE store.