Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Ended up purchasing a Mi Box and was wondering if anyone knows if the power adapter used for the Steam Link works with the Mi Box? I'm from Australia and my Mi Box is on its way without a compatible plug. Sad
(2016-12-30, 22:24)dyera Wrote: [ -> ]Since updating to newest spmc, i now have the green garbled mess on any 4k H265 content, all was fine on the earlier release

Anyone else got this?

Yeah, having the same issue. Which version of SPMC were you using that was working?
Found this thread: http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthr...pid8565087

Looks like it will play fine if you use HW (not HW+) in MX Player but everything else in 10bit (non-HDR) is a mess Sad
They also link to another post that some S905 users are having similar issues on different devices.
----Does anyone know how to get either OpenELEC or LibreELEC on to the Mi Box 3 (US ed.) to fix the HEVC 1080p(+) 10bit Non-HDR hardware playback issue?
Who is selling this box in US? Does anyone know how much tax I'll need to pay if I buy it from aliexpress and bring it to US/ California?
Only Wal-Mart in the US, officially that is.
(2016-12-31, 17:44)Ian Stevenson Wrote: [ -> ]Who is selling this box in US? Does anyone know how much tax I'll need to pay if I buy it from aliexpress and bring it to US/ California?
That sounds needlessly complicated. Just buy it at any Wal-Mart in the US. It's a product that's only sold officially in the US, and only through Wal-Mart at the moment.

Dispatched from Mojo's Artisan Toast & Beard-Fluffing Emporium, Temescal Alley
(2016-12-31, 17:44)Ian Stevenson Wrote: [ -> ]Who is selling this box in US? Does anyone know how much tax I'll need to pay if I buy it from aliexpress and bring it to US/ California?
You can buy it online from the official Mi Box company (no tax):
http://www.mi.com/en/mibox/
(2016-12-31, 07:03)noonzascript Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

Ended up purchasing a Mi Box and was wondering if anyone knows if the power adapter used for the Steam Link works with the Mi Box? I'm from Australia and my Mi Box is on its way without a compatible plug. Sad

Don't know about the Steam link, but I do know that the device should work with any US to AUS power adapter.
I purchased a Mi Box for my sister for Christmas from AliExpress and it came with a Euro Power Pack. When used with a power adapter it fits much more securely than a US power pack / adapter combo. These days I just Araldite glue the Power pack / power adapter together and be done with it.
Hi All,

Would anyone be able to say if the Built in Media browser/Player support 4k Hevc files without using MX player etc? On my Current Sony 4K tv it shows up on my App list like this

(2017-01-01, 12:03)dejavus Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All,
Would anyone be able to say if the Built in Media browser/Player support 4k Hevc files without using MX player etc? On my Current Sony 4K tv it shows up on my App list like this
There isn't a built in media play like on your Sony TV, but the Mi Box does come with VLC pre-installed. VLC can play HEVC 4K files for me, as long as they aren't 10bit Non-HDR. Currently trying to figure out why it can't play 10bit non-HDR HEVC in Hardware mode.
(2016-12-30, 22:24)dyera Wrote: [ -> ]Since updating to newest spmc, i now have the green garbled mess on any 4k H265 content, all was fine on the earlier release
Which SPMC worked for you?
I tried SPMC: 14.2.0, 15.0.0, 16.5.5, and "SPMC-20161028-109aaca-spmc-jarvis-armeabi-v7a" with no luck
Im pretty sure i was using 16.5.2, will reinstall and see if works again...
(2017-01-01, 21:04)dyera Wrote: [ -> ]Im pretty sure i was using 16.5.2, will reinstall and see if works again...
I tried 16.5.2 (https://github.com/koying/SPMC/releases/tag/16.5.2-spmc) and had the same issue, maybe it was a different version? I haven't tried all of them.
@dejavus: As already mentioned by @ByteShare there is no default movie player pre-installed. You can however install the default Amlogic Movie Player. That player uses "amcodec" and won't have problems with HEVC.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2447100
(2016-10-30, 20:07)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ]I have done some more testing with HEVC main10 video playback and my findings are the same as those of @wrxtasy. 1080p main10 HEVC videos do not play properly in Kodi 17 beta or SPMC. What is interesting is, the same videos play fine with the "Movie Player" that is available on most Amlogic SoC boxes. They also play fine on MX Player. I don't know what the deal is with Kodi/SPMC.

Movie Player APK

The movie player link isn't working correctly (Resource unavailable).
Would you please post a new link?