Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah, that'll work too. But you do need a separate computer (or a Rpi) to run the pi-hole service, and it's yet another thing to manage. I much prefer to just run Ad-away on my FireTV and have it work locally.
(2017-01-09, 17:53)rodalpho Wrote: [ -> ]One major blocker people should be aware of for the US androidTV mibox (MDZ-16-AB) is there's no stable root. I use root to install an adblockers for youtube ads, and wouldn't buy an androidTV box without it.

XDA guys are working on a root, but it's been several months and still nothing really solid.

Please post if you find a stable root, or PM me.
Anyone know how to get installed apps show on home screen? I have a couple of apps installed from downloaded apk, and they only show in Setting>apps.

Sent from my Nexus 6
Install the Sideload Launcher App and that will then open a folder of all the non-leanback (regular Android) installed Apps.
(2017-01-10, 03:46)ichibanrhino Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know how to get installed apps show on home screen? I have a couple of apps installed from downloaded apk, and they only show in Setting>apps.

Sent from my Nexus 6 (typie typie)
Make sure you're on the updated firmware and Android TV Launcher is updated (have to manually force the update in the play story). I get my side loaded Movie Player to show on the home screen, otherwise I use Kodi to launch apps Smile
My MiBOX got OTA today 557.3MB... lets see if some bugs resolved...
(2017-01-10, 03:46)ichibanrhino Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know how to get installed apps show on home screen? I have a couple of apps installed from downloaded apk, and they only show in Setting>apps.

Sent from my Nexus 6 (typie typie)

(2017-01-10, 03:53)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Install the Sideload Launcher App and that will then open a folder of all the non-leanback (regular Android) installed Apps.

or create atv apk launcher http://atvlauncher.trekgonewild.de/index.php Wink

PS: some one have try amzon video 4.1.20 ATV APP?
(2017-01-10, 22:30)ingbrzy Wrote: [ -> ]My MiBOX got OTA today 557.3MB... lets see if some bugs resolved...

Still no refresh rate switching Confused C'mon Xiaomi!
The title is Netflix DRM patch and security update, so I suspect it has more to do with that stuff (while i never had problems with Netflix, I understand lots of people did). In my brief checking, there is nothing super visible.
(2017-01-10, 22:30)ingbrzy Wrote: [ -> ]My MiBOX got OTA today 557.3MB... lets see if some bugs resolved...

Cool. Any news on MPEG2 video quality improvement? I'll try to test it later if there's no feedback yet (to see if this thing will continue collecting dust in my setup).
(2017-01-10, 23:36)woronczak Wrote: [ -> ]

The title is Netflix DRM patch and security update, so I suspect it has more to do with that stuff (while i never had problems with Netflix, I understand lots of people did). In my brief checking, there is nothing super visible.

10bit non-HDR HEVC playback is fixed! SPMC plays mine perfectly now.

The whole box seems more snappy to me.
(2017-01-11, 02:47)Ambidex Wrote: [ -> ]

Does this include files played over the network?

Last I read, that was an outstanding issue (not visible with local files via USB...)
Damn I just checked and no update for me. Wonder if they are doing a rolling update.

Scratch that I had to restart and check again.

Also can confirm 10bit HEVC is working. Oh happy day!!
(2017-01-11, 03:14)KoopaTroopa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-10, 23:36)woronczak Wrote: [ -> ]Still no refresh rate switching Confused C'mon Xiaomi!

Does this include files played over the network?

Last I read, that was an outstanding issue (not visible with local files via USB...)

My playback worked on 10bit HEVC from my NAS

Yes confirmed as well.

All previous 10bit HEVC content that produced green playback screens previously now plays just fine - and yes across a local Home Network. No need for SPMC / MX Player workarounds anymore for regular non-HDR 10 bit HEVC. Smile

All Xiaomi need to give us now is Refresh Switching.

BTW: 1080p mpeg2 / H264 hardware deinterlacing does work when using this test version of Kodi Leia on the Mi Box.
Oh man. Netflix still not fixed after the update. Still getting the tvq-pm-100 error on one of my two boxes. <sigh>

Sent from my SM-G930W8