Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-02-13, 15:39)el_easy21 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-11, 09:43)alextav Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know if it's possible to change the DNS settings in the mibox?

I use this one work very well.
Override DNS (a DNS changer)

from google play

Only trouble is... This needs root.
There is no need for that. The options are available in network settings, as per my previous post.
Big thanks to wrxtasy for instructions getting Amazon video working in HD. I didn't try on v17 or more recent version of v18 but is there anything special about the v18 Kodi build you posted?
Yes - Eye of Newt, Batwings, Frogs Legs and Special DRM Sauce - mixed together by the AMLogic LE/Android Kodi developer @peak3d Smile

Think of it as a preview of what may be possible for the Kodi Leia 18.0 release. Wink
Anyone knows where i can buy this device from European Union to ship in Romania.
I tried the first link on this thread , aliexpress seller, but does not ship from Spain to Romania. Dont know why.
If anyone from Europe buyed this device can tell me where i can get? Thank you!
Can someone please clarify which settings in MX player should work best for the Mi Box (decoder settings section):
  • HW+ - all off?
  • SW decoder - all on?
  • SW audio - all on?
  • Color format - 16bit/32/bit or YUV?
  • deinterlace - none, Yadif or W3fdif?

How straining is the SW decoding on the box? Is there a way to monitor CPU usage from MX player?

Anything other settings I should worry about?
MX player - leave everything as default would be my suggestion. Don't mess with the Video settings at all.

576, maybe 720p resolution mpeg2 will be the Max limit you can achieve with a 1.5GHz S905 when Software decoding.
(2017-02-14, 10:08)sanbogdan Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone knows where i can buy this device from European Union to ship in Romania.
I tried the first link on this thread , aliexpress seller, but does not ship from Spain to Romania. Dont know why.
If anyone from Europe buyed this device can tell me where i can get? Thank you!

I have bought it from THIS store, arrived in Serbia after ~ 20 days, model MDZ-16-AB, the one everyone is talking about here.
(2016-10-09, 20:09)timstephens24 Wrote: [ -> ]While I was testing this I also tested out the speeds from an ethernet adapter vs 802.11AC and here are the results of three tests (using the Netflix app - I couldn't find a speed test TV app)
USB 3.0 Ethernet adapter: 41.33Mbps / 43.95Mbps / 42.43Mbps
802.11AC: 69.30Mbps / 63.84Mbps / 63.25Mbps

Has anyone redone these LAN (usb 3 ethernet) vs wifi tests post all the firmware updates? Im interested to see if LAN has improved...
(2017-02-13, 21:01)feathers Wrote: [ -> ]There is no need for that. The options are available in network settings, as per my previous post.

I don't see any option for advanced settings in the mibox, any chance you can add a screenshot of what you're seeing?
(2017-02-14, 14:11)banesi Wrote: [ -> ]I have bought it from THIS store, arrived in Serbia after ~ 20 days, model MDZ-16-AB, the one everyone is talking about here.

Nevermind, i`ve ordered from https://www.thesolutionshop.co.uk - the second link on the first post of this thread. I know the price it`s higher than on aliexpress, but i think i will get faster. Thank you anyway!
(2017-02-14, 09:06)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Yes - Eye of Newt, Batwings, Frogs Legs and Special DRM Sauce - mixed together by the AMLogic LE/Android Kodi developer @peak3d Smile

Think of it as a preview of what may be possible for the Kodi Leia 18.0 release. Wink

Will peak3d's Inputstream.mpd add-on allow Amazon HD in newer nightly v18 builds?
(2017-02-14, 10:08)sanbogdan Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone knows where i can buy this device from European Union to ship in Romania.
I usually get mine from gearbest or banggood. shipping can sometimes be a bit slow, but i normally just pay for the express shipping option as i'm impatient! Smile
Got mine from Geekbuying, but shipping was painfully slow (almost a month).
I have a WD MY Passport in NTFS format attached to the USB port.

I can't seem to add any folders (sources) within Kodi

The 2 folders I want to add are Movies and TV Shows (which I created on the WD drive).