Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
bait-'n-switch Rolleyes.
(2017-03-03, 21:50)atv2jber Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-03, 11:35)cornsilk Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, at geekbuying you can get the Mi Box 4K for $9.90 if it gets a certain number of shares. Should we give it a try?

Link: promotion.geekbuying .com/promotion/fan_festival

After clicking on the link, the product page says it's 69.99 which is the same as Wally World in the US. Is this anything else that needs to be done to get the 9.90 offer?

Thanks.

As the information on the website:
"1. Login with your registered email address on GeekBuying, share the products that you are interested in on Facebook, Google+ or Instagram.
2. For each item reached the required shares, you can buy that item for as low as $9.9 USD at 18:00(UTC+8) Mar.14th, limited quantity.
3. Users can share each product only once on all the channels.
4. All rights reserved by Geekbuying.com"

ie, if the requisite amount of shares are made, then on March 14th, a limited quantity will be available for that price.

It is not bait and switch. I have managed to get some devices under these promotions before, but you have to be quick!
Yeah well, it depends how many devices would actually be available at the price.
Under 300, ie 3%, I'd be calling it a scam Wink
(2017-03-02, 15:59)banesi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-01, 04:03)feathers Wrote: [ -> ]Can you link to the stream ? I'll test it when I get a chance.

hi, thanks for testing, here's link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y60wDzZt8yg

Not available in my country. My smart DNS doesn't work with YouTube and the VPN settings are broken on mi box, can someone else test this out ?
You can also try NASA live stream, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF7FUU7CThs
The stream seems to be down.. I'll try again later.
Hi,
I'm sorry if it have already been write but I've just bought this awesome Mi Box but I have a serious problem.
Android 6 don't permit to write on USB Storage.
I don't want to format my HDD as internal drive cause I want use it sometime with my laptop to save some files.
How can I do cause with internat 8Gb it's impossible to use it like mediacenter ?

Regards
So I have one of these arriving tomorrow, where are we with regards to updates, is HDR working well now? (the reason I'm changing my neo u1 to this).
I gather refresh rate switching still isn't possible which is a pain but I can live with doing that manually.
No refresh rate switching and no root are the two hindrances in this box. It is the first Xiaomi device that doesn't get root. Maybe it has already ?
(2017-02-24, 15:52)Theguru Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

have a couple of bug bears...

1.Has anyone found a way to switch of the box rather than stand by?? if not does that mean its always connected to the internet?? I have no power key option in the settings..which other people have said..
2.when on standby my hard drive (2tb WD) light is constantly flashing?? still going 10mins later.. there is nothing wrong with the hard drive as kodi etc reads it fine?? done the usual tricks reboot etc...I have another android box and it doesn't do this...

Model : MDZ-16-AB

Thanks

Anyone?? plllleeeeaaaassseee
Hi,
Found it on internet :
Hold the power button (then the Reboot option comes up), then just press the power button again.

Can't try now, maybe this evening.
My first impressions are "it's ok" its not anywhere near as good as the U1 with regards to Kodi, gui is a bit twitchy and why oh why does it stay in HDR mode after exiting an HDR movie!? I have to switch inputs and back again.
I seriously hope we get refresh rate switching too.
I wonder how this "HDMI Self Adapation" works. The "system" somehow has to detect the source fps within any playing app (Kodi, Netflix,...), which in my opinion it can't. Lets assume it can, it will then switch refresh rate while already playing I assume, which probably not all renderers will be able to cope with. So I think that this feature will actually cause more issues than it solves.
(2017-03-10, 08:07)CiNcH Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder how this "HDMI Self Adapation" works. The "system" somehow has to detect the source fps within any playing app (Kodi, Netflix,...), which in my opinion it can't. Lets assume it can, it will then switch refresh rate while already playing I assume, which probably not all renderers will be able to cope with. So I think that this feature will actually cause more issues than it solves.
Minix implementation is to check the frame rate of the content (DRM free) with FFmpeg and then switch the refresh rate. WeTeK has a better implementation and it works for DRM content also. Christian Troy, WeTeK's developer had explained it to me some time back:
(2016-03-01, 08:22)ChristianTroy Wrote: [ -> ]@wesk
every decoder in amports (that is where every HW decoded video is processed) has a reference to the duration of the frame and can be used for getting the fps value of the movie. This will not work with VFR HEVC files (as Kodi does not) because you end up with "non standard" durations so you can't estimate what to switch if a frame is, let's say, 24.08546754135 fps.
Interesting. Thanks. Yeah, they obviously can get the info from the hardware decoder if it is being used. Hope that players will be able to cope with the in this case mid-stream refresh rate change.