Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-04-16, 14:50)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]- While rebooting or Reinserting Power Cord - hold down remote Back & large OK buttons to enter Recovery

I can't get this to work. I have the MDZ-16-AB. My remote looks like this:

Edit: Nevermind, just needed to activate the developer options Smile
Btw, I broke my voice remote and I ordered an original non-voice bluetooth remote for the box. It is around 12$ and works flawlessly with the box. I guess the more expensive (~24$) motion sensor + voice bt remote can also work.
Is there a way to play 44khz or 96khz music files untouched with or without kodi with xiaomi mi? When I play local flac files with google music, all music resamples to 48khz. It looks like I can't play hi-res audio with this player.
Fyi it seems the 1007 firmware extended the usb-lan support. As I remember my asix ax8872b worked well (~94Mbps) with r750, too. But with 1007 my realtek rtl8152b is also working (~90 Mbps). The rd9700 chipset can be used too, just slow as hell (~6.5Mbps).
(2017-04-22, 07:35)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks to @Tinwarble for the heads up, I've been testing an alternate @fritsch's Kodi 17.2RC1 build.

kodi-20170411-91c472b-notsoshitty-armeabi-v7a.apk

If the Mi Box has a 64bit processor, why does it not allow for the 64bit version of Kodi to be installed?
64bit processor but 32bit Android OS.
I find SPMC far superior to Kodi 17.1 on my Mi. I have no add ons on either and only use both for watching videos through USB and/or Plex. SPMC plays and shuts down fast (like 2 secs). Kodi 17.1 shutting down is like watching grass grow.

Don't know why but SPMC is more stable for me.
And SPMC handles Android's voice recognition, which will only be supported by Kodi 18.

Envoyé de mon FIND7 en utilisant Tapatalk
Hands down SPMC is the way to go.
The speech search is awesome and we've grown dependent on it .
The developer is the bomb and is by far the best Android programmer.
Mi Box and SPMC is a great combination.

Sent from my XT1585
I also prefer SPMC to KODI ...

A few days ago I posted two videos on YouTube showing the integration of SPMC with Xiaomi Mi Box (videos em portuguese):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...67GFuoY4Yh
Do you guys have a recommendation for a VPN service?
(2017-04-28, 11:53)Ultraschorsch Wrote: [ -> ]Do you guys have a recommendation for a VPN service?

Nope, what would you need a VPN for?
(2017-04-28, 12:09)808? Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-28, 11:53)Ultraschorsch Wrote: [ -> ]Do you guys have a recommendation for a VPN service?

Nope, what would you need a VPN for?

I would like to watch content that is geo-blocked.
(2017-04-28, 12:58)Ultraschorsch Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to watch content that is geo-blocked.

What add-on are you using to watch this content?
(2017-04-28, 13:05)808? Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-28, 12:58)Ultraschorsch Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to watch content that is geo-blocked.

What add-on are you using to watch this content?

Youtube