Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video Guides
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You might just want to link to the main landing page for video topics, video library (wiki).

That page also automatically lists all how-to wiki pages that are also categorized as being video related.
thx zag
Very helpful stuff, disagree about linking to main, but that just my opinion
had been looking for this for a while
http://kodi.wiki/view/Internet_streams
I just noticed something when viewing live streams, i run normal viewing in 1920x1080
but as soon as i start a live stream it goes to 1280x720 had not noticed that before

Could that affect video playback or audio playback in a bad way

The 1280x720 is what the log tells me
I have my PC connected to my 40 inch LCD and it just up scales it to 1080p

So i see no differences
Well looks like i could be on to something
this is what my log says
WARNING: CWinRenderer::UpdateVideoFilter - chosen scaling method 1 is not supported by renderer
NOTICE: CDVDPlayerAudio::OutputPacket skipping a packets of duration 23

And it goes on saying that.
Audio always drops after the Scaling Warning
hi i am new to this but i installed kodi but when i try 2 look at it i am not seeing it just light no pictures
(2017-01-04, 05:07)jwin Wrote: [ -> ]hi i am new to this but i installed kodi but when i try 2 look at it i am not seeing it just light no pictures

One of the least useful first posts I've ever seen, unfortunately. Please start your own thread, and provide at least *some* information as to what you're trying to do, on what system, with what media, etc.
I have Kodi 18.1 everything was fine yesterday but now I’m not getting video only sound no video what might seem to be the problem

Regards
Dabonz
(2019-03-06, 23:41)dabonz Wrote: [ -> ]I have Kodi 18.1 everything was fine yesterday but now I’m not getting video only sound no video what might seem to be the problem

Regards
Dabonz

NVM I got went to player settings in kodi
I, too, sometimes have only sound, but no video.
(2017-01-04, 12:12)Prof Yaffle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-04, 05:07)jwin Wrote: [ -> ]hi i am new to this but i installed kodi but when i try 2 look at it i am not seeing it just light no pictures

One of the least useful first posts I've ever seen, unfortunately. Please start your own thread, and provide at least *some* information as to what you're trying to do, on what system, with what media, etc. 

Hello, sorry if I'm posting in the wrong thread, I'm a newbie. I'm having a similar issue. I recently upgraded from Kodi 17.6 to 18.5. I only use it for watching movies, tv shows. Before the upgrade it played beautifully. But now, regardless what I do, I get sound but no video, just a blank screen that flashes different colors. I have tried going into settings and changing the video rendering to software as suggested in other threads, no luck. I have tried every setting in the rendering options to see if that might work, still no luck. Any suggestions on what else I can try?
(2019-11-26, 04:17)vernonmom54 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, sorry if I'm posting in the wrong thread, I'm a newbie. I'm having a similar issue. I recently upgraded from Kodi 17.6 to 18.5. I only use it for watching movies, tv shows. Before the upgrade it played beautifully. But now, regardless what I do, I get sound but no video, just a blank screen that flashes different colors. I have tried going into settings and changing the video rendering to software as suggested in other threads, no luck. I have tried every setting in the rendering options to see if that might work, still no luck. Any suggestions on what else I can try? 

@vernonmom54 Apologies, I only just noticed that you'd quoted me and resurrected a thread. It's difficult to say what the problem might be - graphics drivers? Unsupported card? Wrong encoding for your CPU/GPU combination? - without knowing more.

I'd suggest a new post in the appropriate platform sub-forum, along with a debug log (wiki). We need to know what hardware/software combination you're running, and what errors, if any, are being produced during playback.