Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Choosing between multiple resolutions of the same movie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have multiple copies of the same film with different resolutions and formats e.g. Remux (1080p with HD audio), 1080p and 720p.

Currently these are displayed as separate movies in the library I.e. the same movie appears 3 times.

Is there anyway (either through Kodi or via an add-on) where they can be combined and when watching I can select what version I'm after.

Custom hacking of "movie sets" might be one way but was looking for an easier option.

I know in Plex it automatically selects the a file based on what you set. In my case I want the highest quality one available or choosing manually.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:VideoExtras Add-on:VideoExtras (wiki) could be a way to solve this. I don't have experience with this addon but it might be an option.

On another note, is there a reason why you have the same movie in different qualities? Why not just keep the best quality and discard the rest, unless of course they are also different versions, e.g. director's cut?