Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to switch back to the last plugin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I would like to call a second plugin from a plugin. To realice the call I use XBMC.Container.Update(). The problem appear if I use the ".." button (back button) to change from the second plugin back to the first plugin. Then kodi changes to "plugin://plugin.first/?mode=call_plugin" instead of "plugin://plugin.first/". The mode "call_plugin" calls the second plugin again and it's not possible to get back to the first plugin.
I could be able to solve the problem if it is possible to read the kodi path history in python. Than I could ignore the plugin call if the last history item is equal with "plugin://plugin.first/?mode=call_plugin".
Is it possible to read the path history in python or is there another way to solve the problem? Thanks
Is the question not understandable or is there no way to solve the problem?
I personally have no solution to share. And no idea. :-)
Why "XBMC.Container.Update()"? Do you have to run code before you execute the next add-on?
I wanted to call other plugins from the main menu of the first plugin.
The solution was to add a directory item with the plugin path instead of use "XBMC.Container.Update()" to switch the plugin.