Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Thumbnails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

I have Kodi Jarvis running on Libreelec with a Media Portal back end - and it all runs just fine.

One slight issue is that when I look at the list of recordings, none of the thumbnails show - I just get a folder icon.

Am I doing something wrong, is there any way to set these?

Thanks.
Use a UNC path rather than a fixed path...

For example, if you had a folder on your D drive called Recordings and you have it shared, change the Recording Folder from "d:\Recordings" to "\\ServerName\Recordings" in the MediaPortal TV Server -> Recording -> Folders tab.

Also, in addition to the thumbnails I found out you could show fanart for series recordings. For example I put a fanart.jpg file in the "The Big Bang Theory" folder under recordings and when I browse The Big Bang Theory folder it shows the fanart. Smile

Good luck!
Do you mean the entry in the MediaPortal TV Server Configuration - Recording Node, Folders tab - Recording folder?

The path I have in there is already a UNC path...

(fan art sound good, I've love to get that going!)
Are the thumbs getting created? The tab to the left of the Folders folder is the Thumbs folder. Make sure that "Leave Thumb in recording folder" is checked. (note: you can also set the Time Offset for the thumb there too)
Yes, Autocreate thumbs is ticked and Leave a thumb in recording folder is ticked too.

When I browse to the recording folder I can see there a load of JPGs in there which I guess are the thumbnails...
I had the same issue. Are you leaving the thumbnails in the recording folder?
Yep - in the recording folder there is a .ts file and jpg for each recording.

... I've still not managed to get this working, I've tried everything suggested.

Would appreciate a solution for this.
I didn't do anything special to configure this, and they just work. Not helpful I know, but it might be useful to know that it can work.

I have Kodi running on RPi2, and MediaPortal as the backend.
OK, can I review my settings with you?

Note my PC with MediaPortal is called TVSERVER

Kodi:
There are no settings to set.

MediaPortal backend:

Recording - Folder Tab: Recording folder set to :\\TVSERVER\Recorded TV
Recording - Database import Tab: Recording folder set to :\\TVSERVER\Recorded TV
Recording - Thumbs tab - Autocreate thumbs: Ticked
Recording - Thumbs tab - Leave a thumb in recording folder: Ticked
Timeshifting - Folder tab: Timeshift folder: \\TVSERVER\Timeshift
Plugins - TVServerKodi - Shares Tab, All UNC Recording Paths: \\TVSERVER\Recorded TV
Plugins - TVServerKodi - Shares Tab, All UNC Theshoft Paths: \\TVSERVER\Recorded TV

Am I missing any settings? The recording folder has JPG thumbnail in it and so I guess the recording part is working fine...
To be honest, I don't have the TV server create the thumbnails at all. Somehow, Kodi appears to generate them and it all seems to take care of itself.
(2016-07-02, 13:01)mcelliott Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest, I don't have the TV server create the thumbnails at all. Somehow, Kodi appears to generate them and it all seems to take care of itself.

Cool - that would be perfect - How do you do that?
(2016-07-04, 14:59)archie456 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-02, 13:01)mcelliott Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest, I don't have the TV server create the thumbnails at all. Somehow, Kodi appears to generate them and it all seems to take care of itself.

Cool - that would be perfect - How do you do that?

That's the point. I don't 'do' anything. It just works!
What hardware are you running Kodi on and where is MediaPortal hosted?

I'm wondering if its anything to do with that?? (probably a long shot...)
Just a guess here. Recorded tv folder in Windows is a public and shared folder.

I think there would be an alternate path for this. Something like \\TVserver\C\users\public\recorded tv ( this is from memory, needs double check)

Don't know if that makes sense, but might give it a try!

Have a good day
Thanks for your response.

The desktop PC which does the recording (which the Raspberry Pis connect to, and has MediaPortal install on it), records to a space drive I've placed in it.

I've shared this drive, with access for Everyone - Full Control, in TV Config I've put the UNC path - So I believe I've already done what you suggest.

No thumbnails though...
Pages: 1 2 3