Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can Kodi Download Movie Information Locally
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have my movies on a system that will not have network access once it is setup - hence I am wondering if Kodi can download and store all the information locally such as previews, posters, and information on the video. If not would it be hard to make it do so? Thanks, jmfsms
(2016-05-22, 05:56)jmfsms Wrote: [ -> ]I have my movies on a system that will not have network access once it is setup - hence I am wondering if Kodi can download and store all the information locally such as previews, posters, and information on the video. If not would it be hard to make it do so? Thanks, jmfsms
Yes it does, especially if you are using library. So if you have Kodi on a device that was on the internet once but now it's not, you will still be able to see pictures, fanart, and video info.

Idok Fire
Thanks, Idokfire, can it store previews as well or be set to do so? -jmfsms
Thread moved to OS independent
(2016-05-22, 06:28)jmfsms Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, Idokfire, can it store previews as well or be set to do so? -jmfsms
Unsure on this one and it depends on your source. So if you consider trailers to be previews, you would have to manually download and store the trailers. So I think the answer to your specific question is no. But there would be work arounds to make it possible.

Idok Fire
Movie_name-trailer.mkv

Place it next to the movie file. That will override using YouTube for trailers, and thus work offline.
That is easier than I thought. Didn't realize it would override - nice feature.

Idok Fire
You are awesome Idokfire I am going to start the home theater tranformation this week... I'm sure I will have more questions, thanks again... -jmfsms
(2016-05-23, 16:44)jmfsms Wrote: [ -> ]You are awesome Idokfire I am going to start the home theater tranformation this week... I'm sure I will have more questions, thanks again... -jmfsms
And thanks to @ned Scott for the trailer info.

Idok Fire