Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fire TV software update 5.2.1.0 is now rolling out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
FYI

http://www.aftvnews.com/fire-tv-software...lling-out/

Quote:Originally Posted by ulises.rodriguez

Amazon has released yesterday a New software update 5.2.1.0, for all the FireTV units:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire-tv/...g-t3383488

Some FireTV users, are already complaining that some APPs like "HBO GO/HBO NOW" (if you have Kodi/SPMC installed), "Mouse-Toggle 1.04", "Wukong Remote 1.9.0EN" and "Firestopper" now do not work at all...

Fo Realz, has mentioned on www.aftvnews.com, that after the update he can’t use "HBO NOW", unless he uninstall Kodi... Because he always get the following message:
For security reasons the following apps must be uninstalled to use this app: Kodi

Luckily, KODI and SPMC are still working flawlessly!!

Others users, have noticed that it looks like Amazon has changed the FireOS Font, that now it looks a bit like “Trebuchet”... And that the Remote-Control, the Wifi-Direct version, got a new update too…

It is not known yet whether this 5.2.1.0 update is Rootable or not!

Someone who has received this 5.2.1.0 update, has noticed something new or any improvements?
Huh o.O
(2016-05-23, 02:17)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Huh o.O
Elias edited one of the use replies that reported about Kodi and hbo.

"Edited by AFTVnews:

I’m starting to think this comment is a troll comment meant to stir up concern with a false statement. A reader I trust with a Fire TV 1 that has received the 5.2.1.0 update has told me that he does not receive the above security message when launching HBO Now with Kodi installed or running. He does not have an HBO Now subscription, so it’s possible the message only appears when playing content, but the app at least launches fine with Kodi present. Of Course, I will update with more info when I receive it, but for now, be skeptical about the above claim.
-Elias"

Idok Fire
Ah, that would make more sense.
(2016-05-23, 11:21)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, that would make more sense.
We should know soon as more role out. I haven't gotten my update yet.

Idok Fire
The update completely killed my FTV2, it stopped outputting video other than a black screen, on occasion it would flash the amazon logo then back to black screen... contacted support they didn't even try to troubleshoot it, instantly stated they where sending me a new unit... haha.. hope I am the only one that had this issue..
No problems here, kodi and spmc runs fine, sideloding works, just had to enable adb debugging again and remote/lan/wifi interfaces are now in reverse order.
Low end device. Not worth to mention. Poor hardware and full Amazon bloatware, Amazon account needed. Wtf
Amazon marked Kodi as dangerous app, preventing to use hbo while kodi is installed. What a defection! How could it be done by sponsor? Stab in the back!
(2016-05-23, 23:20)giaur Wrote: [ -> ]Low end device. Not worth to mention. Poor hardware and full Amazon bloatware, Amazon account needed. Wtf
Amazon marked Kodi as dangerous app, preventing to use hbo while kodi is installed. What a defection! How could it be done by sponsor? Stab in the back!

Please stop trolling. Amazon isn't even a sponsor. There doesn't appear to be any HBO issue.
@giaur last warning. Anymore trolling and you're banned.
Nothing is wrong with mine. I watched GOT with no problems.
Hello guys,

the update to 5.2.1.0 brings up a whole new problem: it looks like amazon has changed permission settings again. If you, like me, are one of those ppl with a large database and many, many thumbnails, you would like to use an external microsd or usb drive to store at least the thumbnails there.

Before the update, all went fine like this:

- creating a path on external drive like /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails
- copy over all those thumbnails from internal storage
- use path substitution in advancedsettings.xml to point to the new thumbnails path
- be happy with that

After the update, you can still use the above solution to copy over your existing thumbnails to that location on external sd (or usb), and kodi reads them fine, but has no longer write access to that path after you restarted your aftv.

If you're on such a setup, test for yourself: reboot your aftv, wait until it's back. Start Kodi and rescrape one of your movies - it's thumbnails will disappear immediately because kodi can't write new ones into that dir.

In short: after each reboot, the aftv seems to deny write access to Android/data on sdcard1 and usb for kodi (and maybe other apps, too). Might be the same kind of bootup script or command set that renders firestarter unusable.

We've found a little workaround that does the trick until you reboot your aftv again: while aftv runs, detach the external microsd or usb drive (safe) and reinsert it. After that write access is permitted again until the next reboot.

Can't we do anything against this? Like in ef file explorer or total commander, when trying to write to external drives, it asks for permission and we could click "yep, do it" and be fine?