Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RSS source format
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
to do be able to get the lyrics set, support has to be added in the CRSSDirectory class. right now that class i rather video centric, you would have to do the same kind of mapping from rss properties to MusicInfoTags, in particular the item->GetMusicInfoTag()->SetLyrics() function needs to be invoked.
Oh, it means that I will have to create own Kobi build. I will not do it.

What is about audio source add-on? Will it work with Karaoke?
an add-on can provide lyrics. it's up to the skin to display them or not afaik.
Thanks. I will try to develop an add-on then. Hopefully, it will be much faster than just HTTP source.
(2016-06-30, 11:13)ironic_monkey Wrote: [ -> ]an add-on can provide lyrics. it's up to the skin to display them or not afaik.

Could you please help me with addon development? Don't understand how to add lyrics files - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=281439.
Thanks in advance.
sorry no time to help with coding.

it's basically just a item.setInfo('Lyrics', <lrc contents>) where item is a xbmcgui.ListItem instance.
Thanks. Should I add new list item element and then do `item.setInfo('Lyrics', <lrc contents>)` or should I do `item.setInfo(type='Music', infoLabels={'lyrics': <lrc contents>`? Tried both and it doesn't work...
i saw your other thread. we are on about different things.

if you set that property on the list item, then open the lyrics add-on, the lyrics should display.

the karaokelyricsxxx.cpp stuff is gone in modern kodi. but anyways;
for that to work, the lrc and audio file needs to be stored as files in the same directory with different extensions. it's not supported for most protocols, certainly not rss. local files, samba, nfs etc is fine, but not network protocols like rss or http.
I don't want just to keep and display lyrics, I would like to display it as Karaoke. Looks like in order to do it, I should add 'karaoke' files. It works if I work with local files (when mp3 and lrc files are stored with the same name at the same folder). Moreover, it even works with HTTP source (but doesn't work with RSS).

As we discussed above, I should be able to emulate file system with lrc files in the add-on I am trying to create. But I don't understand how to do it.
Pages: 1 2