Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: App opens as it is on phone? NRK app (Android TV)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Strange problem with opening app from inside Kodi.
If I open the from inside Kodi, it opens as it is an phone. If I open it in Android launcher, it opens as it should.

Is there an way to fix this. And I have not installed the app twice :-)

Link to a short video of the problem. First opens the app inside Kodi, then in the normal Android launcher of the Shield.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByUoG0t...sp=sharing

Petter
No one at all that has seen the same problem for some other apps?
Or has made an fix for it?
I think it's something about how the app is launched that determines the UI to be used. Kodi is not currently aware of that parameter, so it defaults to a phone/tablet UI.
That was what I thought to. That Kodi mostly is made for phone/tablets.

But I really do not have a clue about this.
maybe @Koying knows anything about this?
It's the target app that choose its UI based on unknown criteria.
Maybe based upon the launcher name?
HI

Thanks for the pointer. But could not find what to add so it would work.

When I add the favorite as an menu item, it`s like this: StartAndroidActivity("no.nrk.tv") (this starts it in "phone" mode)
I have tried this: StartAndroidActivity("no.nrk.tv, leanback.LeanBackActivity") and StartAndroidActivity("no.nrk.tv.leanback.LeanBackActivity")

Does not work. Is the an way to find what the original in the Shield launcher is starting? Can`t even find the app in the system with X-Plore app.

I have not rooted my device.
Know it is an old threed, but still not workin.

Is there aneything new on this problem?
It still opens in "phone" mode, even if I open the app before I trie to use the UI in Kodi to open it.

If I use an app "button mapper", from GP I can get my harmony to open it, still much easier if it would work for Kodi UI.

Petter