Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: QNAP TS 251 - Memory is not enought, QPKG_NAME can not be installed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a QNAP TS-251 and tried to install Kodi 16.0.2 as part of the HybridDesk Station HDMI direct from NAS to TV app. Install fails and says

KODI 16.0.2 installation failed. Memory is not enought, QPKG_NAME can not be installed.

This link (http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=17...72a1a13397) says you guys can help. My QNAP has Firmware 4.2.0 - Build 20163011. 1 GB memory (885MB useable).

Please assist, there are a few others out there encountering this in the last few days, it seems...Thanks!
That is not a Kodi problem. Cite from the linked thread:
[quote foo]
Hi

Seems that this will not work with 1GB RAM.

In the KODI_16.0.2_x86_64_intel_20160329.qpkg package I found the packages_routines file with the following statement:

# memory size >= 2GB
if [ $(cat /proc/meminfo | grep MemTotal | awk '{print $2}') -lt 1800000 ]; then
err_log "Memory is not enought, QPKG_NAME can not be installed."
fi

[/quote]

That package and that code snippet is provided by qnap not by us. Kodi has no limit of having at least 2GB RAM. It runs on raspberry pis with 512MB and lower for example.

Must have been a decision from qnap to not influence the other functions of the NAS. Ask their support.