Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NO VIDEO , JUST SOUND
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NO VIDEO, JUST FLASHING COLORED SCREEN ON KODI JARVIS 16.1 WINDOWS 7
No debug log (wiki) no problem

Sent from my XT1254
Welcome to the forum.

I vote just re-install. Add a single video as a source...one that plays normally without Kodi. Try first in Confluence, then whatever skin you're trying.

If it works, proceed. If not, search further.

No results still, submit a debug log. Easy stuff.
Having same exact issue. Just installed Kodi yesterday. Also Running Windows 7 on an Acer Aspire One. How do I get the debug log?

Thanks,
W72
Welcome to the forum.
Post #2 has a link. The first thread in the forum has an explanation and link.
I'd say check the link to get familiar with the workings of Kodi a bit. It's a quick read.
You should be able to post a log within 2 minutes.
There are a LOT of factors in play, and like any type of troubleshooting, we will need some more info.
System details, Kodi version, Skin, etc.
We can try to figure it out, but the log is the best. It gives a major variety of all information that you and your system does with every action.
Most of the guys that are the best at figuring out your issues the quickest won't even talk to you without first posting a log anyway.

See the trend? Get that log posted with a detail of what is happening.
Hey, I'm experiencing the same issue, however I can't get a log to generate. Kodi tells me there is something wrong of the site Kodi.log is down. What do I do to generate a log outside of this normal channel. The color blocking issue started late last night. I've upgraded to Jarvis, uninstalled and reinstalled Jarvis. Turned off Hardware acceleration, turned it back on, still no progress. In the meantime I'm going to update my divx codec and quicktime but I don't think it's that as video outside of Kodi plays well. It's only when using the Kodi interface that I have this problem.
I don't know if the auto post log thing actually works anymore. If so, I've never gotten it working correctly. Manual post is the way.

Make sure you can see hidden files in Windows.
Turn debugging on in Kodi settings.
Find .kodi/temp/kodi.log
Upload the contents to pastebin.com
Log to big for pastebin, used pasteall instead

http://www.pasteall.org/70129/text

Thanks for the manual suggestion. I was hoping I could skim through the net and find a quick fix. Any and all help appreciated.
(2016-06-01, 03:03)ThatGuy2 Wrote: [ -> ]Log to big for pastebin, used pasteall instead

http://www.pasteall.org/70129/text

Thanks for the manual suggestion. I was hoping I could skim through the net and find a quick fix. Any and all help appreciated.

As per the forum rules you will not get support for an installation containing piracy add-ons, such as yours. You would need to replicate your issue on a "clean" system and post a clean log.
Any news on this issue? I am having similar problems with install as well.