Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: libreelec smb issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok am new to all this stuff but have been using openelec for a while.
here is my issue
fresh install of openelec with kodi everything works fine.
fresh instal of libreelec 2 different downloads I can set it up but when I go to ad my video location via smb I get invalid argument.
yes I set up open and libre identically same network name static ip. I can see the device from windows but when I go into the add smb when it shows the network name ( shows 2) games and workgroup when I click on games I get the message.
I had installed libre I think 1 update ago and everything worked. (was last week)

thanks
Andy

correction only if I am using openelec do things work. if a add a location by typing smb://name/location it will add and work
what log may help find the issue or any other thoughs
also have an issue where movies play for between 30 and 60 minutes the bounce to the main screen
computer is a dell optiplex 745
(2016-05-29, 20:04)saltwaterfishlover Wrote: [ -> ]what log may help find the issue or any other thoughs

A debug log (wiki) is required.

Easiest way to obtain this is with ssh. Enable debug logging (Settings > System > Logging) then login using ssh - use PuTTY on Windows, username root, password libreelec - and try to mount your SMB share. Finally, upload your log with:
Code:
cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | pastebinit
and paste the URL.

(2016-05-29, 20:04)saltwaterfishlover Wrote: [ -> ]also have an issue where movies play for between 30 and 60 minutes the bounce to the main screen
computer is a dell optiplex 745
Probably a corrupt file or stream - does this only happen with LibreELEC and not OpenELEC?

As above, enable debug logging, reproduce the problem, upload your debug log then paste the URL for your debug log.
ok will get the log and let you know.... actually the movie issue is with openelec haven't tried it with libreelec in a while.....
thank you for your help
Let me guess, you're not using SMB either? Try re-reading your first post, which makes no sense if you're now saying the problem is with OpenELEC and not LibreELEC.
the movie drop out is with openelec. and I add my movie location by smb option.
then invalid argument is with libreelec wich I use the LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-Milhouse-20160527210329-%230527-g454d0a5.tar build because I like the look and feel better but when
i stupidly used the usb key for something else when i went to install it again the smb problem happened.
Ah yes. That's why it's never a good idea to discus two separate issues in a single thread - it becomes very confusing. I'd suggest a separate thread for the movie issue.
ok brand new download and install of LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.0.1.img
next I enabled logging, connected to wifi. then tried to add smb share location
did the putty thing I get cat: can't open '/storage/.temp/kodi.log': No such file or directory
but if I go into log files folder and unzip the file there I get 10 logs the first is kodi.log
would that work?
T:140479773525760 ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://GAMES/'

http://pastebin.com/fRaSpQWx
(2016-05-30, 01:49)saltwaterfishlover Wrote: [ -> ]ok brand new download and install of LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.0.1.img
next I enabled logging, connected to wifi. then tried to add smb share location
did the putty thing I get cat: can't open '/storage/.temp/kodi.log': No such file or directory
but if I go into log files folder and unzip the file there I get 10 logs the first is kodi.log
would that work?

Argh... sorry, error in filename - should be:
Code:
cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | pastebinit

Not interested in the contents of the log files folder.
The error is:
Code:
20:10:38 T:140185694095104   ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://GAMES/'
                                            unix_err:'16' error : 'Invalid argument'
It's not always clear what causes this error.

Have you tried the usual, ie. rebooting your smb server?

Is your smb server based on Windows (which version - is it Windows 10?) or is it a NAS (Synology etc.)?

If your server is a Windows server/PC then some registry changes may be worth trying: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1060307

One other thing I've read is that it helps if all your shares are within WORKGROUP (even when hosted on different physical machines).
machine is a windows 7 pro. file and print sharing enabled no passwords.
I changed the registry settings and changed the public settings per http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=63123 and in home and work setting I changed to let windows manage homegroup connections tho am not in a home group rebooted and it works

thanks for the directions and what to do.....
tho its still weird it works with openelec and not libreelec. but.... such is the world of puters
Same problem as above with Windows 2012 R2 domain. Invalid argument. Works with all versions of kodi and openelec but not librelec.
its something that creep-ed in to a build a while ago I havent been able to figure it out. there are times either computer on my network. sometimes will see one and not the other and then vice versa. changed router still happens. then it also happens that in network neighborhood cant see the kodi box to do manual updates.
at one point I had a working librelec box did a back up and restored it to another box to get it working. but even if the box works after a fresh install it wont work again till put the backup in place. if that makes sense but still dont help much .... sorry