Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Blank Screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, hope all is well this morning

I got a little issue trying to play Kodi on my MXq box. It was running fine last night and this morning when I went to turn it on the Kodi screen appears, the one that says preparing for first run, and then that disappears as normal (I think) but the Kodi menu will not come on. Has anyone run into this before ? Let me know if so and what you had to do to fix it. Thanks
Seen a couple of times, just reboot the box....
I've rebooted several times. Nothing is working so far. My brother-in law came over and he couldn't figure it out.

Should I reinstall it?
go to android settings and clear the cache for Kodi from there. Reboot the box again and try to load Kodi. If that doesn't work re-install.
Ok, I didn't think about clearing the cache, I've only had it for 1 1/2 weeks. I'll do that and let you know

thanks
well, I cleared the cache and rebooted a few times and it's still not working.

Let me know if there's a thread with instructions on reinstalling kodi, in the mean time I'll search the forum

thanks
Maybe try to adjust hdmi resolution/refresh rate
got it working! I noticed in the settings it was telling me that I was almost out of space (weird because I just got this thing) so I deleted a few large apps and it's working..

I'll still look at adjusting the hdmi resolution/refresh rate

Thanks to everyone that posted help

========================

update
I spoke a little too soon. The kodi menu does come on but when I click on say Exodus nothing appears or when I go into the settings I get the first menu but nothing comes up after that.

========================

Update2
well after a while Kodi came back. but it will was not operating right so I reinstalled to Kodi 16.1. But now all of my apps are gone.

Whats the best way to reinstalling all the apps?

thanks