Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: offline access
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just put Kodi on my android tablet and am watching stuff off of my NAS successfully. Is there a way from within Kodi to move select content to my Tablet so it would be available when I'm away from my NAS? I've got a flight coming up and it would be great to be able to move a handful of movies to my table on a temporary basis.

I know I could move them manually, create a separate profile, build a new library, and then reverse all of that later.

Thanks in advance.
Have you tried using Kodi's built in file manager?

System -> File Manager

Under the left pane, click add source and navigate to where your network share is located. Add the source.
Now in the right pane select the local folder where you want to store the media.
Now under the left pane again, navigate to the newly added network share folder you added and select each folder/file you would like to copy.
Once you've selected all the folders/files you want to copy, open the context menu and click on 'Copy'.

You should now see a pop-up at the top of your screen showing the files being copied over and the transfer speeds.
(2016-05-31, 00:20)Wheresthebeef Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried using Kodi's built in file manager?

System -> File Manager

Under the left pane, click add source and navigate to where your network share is located. Add the source.
Now in the right pane select the local folder where you want to store the media.
Now under the left pane again, navigate to the newly added network share folder you added and select each folder/file you would like to copy.
Once you've selected all the folders/files you want to copy, open the context menu and click on 'Copy'.

You should now see a pop-up at the top of your screen showing the files being copied over and the transfer speeds.

Sounds like copying them manually. Wink