Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Compile for RPi2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys anyone can help me to compile from source for Raspberry Pi2/3 and installit manually?

Without use kodi addons extension.

Thank you
More information is required, such as your distribution and what version of Kodi you are using.
Thanks for replying. I'm using Jodi 16 but if you can make a simple tutorial to compile for every version is much appreciateSmile

It's possible to compile for rasplex?
You can start from LibreELEC. Clone or fork git repo, made needed changes to kodi and compile for Pi2.
I have no experience with rasplex but I think the easiest way to get plexserver+kodi is use raspbian.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5X utilizzando Tapatalk
What is Jodi? That is a distribution I am unfamiliar with. Is there a base distro that it uses as its source?
(2016-06-05, 19:06)rpcameron Wrote: [ -> ]What is Jodi? That is a distribution I am unfamiliar with. Is there a base distro that it uses as its source?

Sorry I mean kodiSmile auto translate iPhone
Kodi is the application. But the instructions for getting PVR clients compiled and/or installed depends upon your operating system. Are you using OpenELEC/LibreELEC? Ubuntu, Debian, Mint, Arch, &c. The list is quite extensive, and instructions will vary upon which distribution and which version of that distribution you are using. Because the instructions are so tied to your actual operating system rather than which version of Kodi, the first (and perhaps best) place to look for this information is through your OS provider, because Kodi on Linux (including on the Raspberry Pi) does not ship with any PVR client.
i'm using Openelec Smile
OpenELEC has a repository already configured in their distribution for PVR clients. You add/install it the same way you do any other add-on, from the Settings > Add-ons screen

As far as source compiling, OpenELEC is not a full distribution, so they do not provide any development tools in the OS. But if they provide the binary add-ons, why do you need to compile?
(2016-06-06, 00:14)rpcameron Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi is the application. But the instructions for getting PVR clients compiled and/or installed depends upon your operating system. Are you using OpenELEC/LibreELEC? Ubuntu, Debian, Mint, Arch, &c. The list is quite extensive, and instructions will vary upon which distribution and which version of that distribution you are using. Because the instructions are so tied to your actual operating system rather than which version of Kodi, the first (and perhaps best) place to look for this information is through your OS provider, because Kodi on Linux (including on the Raspberry Pi) does not ship with any PVR client.

(2016-06-07, 01:52)rpcameron Wrote: [ -> ]OpenELEC has a repository already configured in their distribution for PVR clients. You add/install it the same way you do any other add-on, from the Settings > Add-ons screen

As far as source compiling, OpenELEC is not a full distribution, so they do not provide any development tools in the OS. But if they provide the binary add-ons, why do you need to compile?

Because i need the zip file for openelec Smile
(2016-06-07, 10:36)robello84 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-06, 00:14)rpcameron Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi is the application. But the instructions for getting PVR clients compiled and/or installed depends upon your operating system. Are you using OpenELEC/LibreELEC? Ubuntu, Debian, Mint, Arch, &c. The list is quite extensive, and instructions will vary upon which distribution and which version of that distribution you are using. Because the instructions are so tied to your actual operating system rather than which version of Kodi, the first (and perhaps best) place to look for this information is through your OS provider, because Kodi on Linux (including on the Raspberry Pi) does not ship with any PVR client.

(2016-06-07, 01:52)rpcameron Wrote: [ -> ]OpenELEC has a repository already configured in their distribution for PVR clients. You add/install it the same way you do any other add-on, from the Settings > Add-ons screen

Because i need the zip file for openelec Smile
I downloaded the OpenELEC image file, mounted it, and was able to browse its filesystem to find the address of OE's repository. From there, I found what you are looking for: http://addons.openelec.tv/7.0/RPi2/arm/p....12.12.zip

That is the zip file for the second-to-latest version of the IPTV Simple Client addon for OE for Jarvis for the RPi2. (The only difference between 1.12.12 and 1.12.13 are translation additions/changes.)
Thank you rpcameron