Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Screen capture device.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

I have a problem. I need to make video demonstrations for a large number of Kodi Android based TV boxes and I am struggling to find a device capable of doing it.

I want to make it perfectly clear that I am not trying to record movies playing thorough the box. I am looking for something to connect inline between the Driod box and the TV to record what is being shown on TV to a PC. I need to record the box booting up navigating the menus, running benchmarking Apps, game play capabilities and available settings. I would also be nice to provide footage of the particular flavour of Kodi on the box and the options within. I state again I have no interest in recording movies / TV shows that are playing back through the box.

I had decided to buy an Elgato HD60 however an email to Elgato came back with the following reply.

"Unfortunately, most Android devices (especially the TV boxes) are protected by HDCP so you are not able to record them using any of the Elgato Game Capture HD devices".

I have seen such demo videos on YouTube as thus assume such a device exists, the question is what it is ?

Thank you kindly in advance of any and all assistance in this matter.
A
HDFury ?