Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't get NFS share to work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I recently installed Gargoyle firmware on my router and attached a hard drive to the router's usb. The firmware supports NFS, but I can't get it to work on kodi on my nvidia shield. Kodi shows the router's ip under the NFS option but when I click it the next page shows a strange folder that says something like tmp/usb_mount followed by a bunch of numbers instead of the folders that should be there. Clicking the tmp folder does nothing. I've also tried entering the path manually but that didn't work.

I've tried researching the problem and have seen information such as making sure the nfs is insecure but I think those types of settings are being done on a nas or Linux. The only settings I have on the router for the NFS share are read/write and allow anonymous access.

The router also supports SMB which is working fine and properly shows the folders, but I wanted to try NFS since I occasionally get stuttering on smb with high bit rate files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.