Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Quick question regarding the T3 remote. - does you MUTE button workHuh?

I noticed that the mute button does not mute on windows. It mutes it for a millisecond and then turns the volume back up. Does this happen to anyone else?
the mute button does not seem to work in kodi either.

My mute button is not doing anything in windows +kodi, it mutes like for less than a second and then unmutes it back.
(2016-12-11, 10:47)Jeffers24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-11, 10:44)dickalan Wrote: [ -> ]So I've had it for a day and it works great! I'm using an Alienware Steam Machine that runs windows 10 and Kodi. Best remote for a HTPC I've ever used. The T3-M Microphone works great along with all the features discussed in this thread.

Does voice control work?

Which features of Kodi can you control with voice commands?

I didn't know Kodi supported "voice commands". It's just a microphone, same as any other microphone on your PC.
(2016-12-12, 17:05)dickalan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-11, 10:47)Jeffers24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-11, 10:44)dickalan Wrote: [ -> ]So I've had it for a day and it works great! I'm using an Alienware Steam Machine that runs windows 10 and Kodi. Best remote for a HTPC I've ever used. The T3-M Microphone works great along with all the features discussed in this thread.

Does voice control work?

Which features of Kodi can you control with voice commands?

I didn't know Kodi supported "voice commands". It's just a microphone, same as any other microphone on your PC.

So what use is the microphone feature for an android TV box?
(2016-12-12, 16:50)TAagam Wrote: [ -> ]Quick question regarding the T3 remote. - does you MUTE button workHuh?

I noticed that the mute button does not mute on windows. It mutes it for a millisecond and then turns the volume back up. Does this happen to anyone else?

My mute button is not doing anything in windows +kodi, it mutes like for less than a second and then unmutes it back.

Hi TAagam,

My T3 Mute button works as intended, setup is Windows 10 and Kodi 16.1 Jarvis.
Maybe try a fresh set of batteries, i have had strange behavior when batteries were low. Currently using Energizer Ultimate Lithium, remote has been rock solid since.
(2016-12-12, 20:58)dasco Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-12, 16:50)TAagam Wrote: [ -> ]Quick question regarding the T3 remote. - does you MUTE button workHuh?

Hi TAagam,

Maybe try a fresh set of batteries, i have had strange behavior when batteries were low. Currently using Energizer Ultimate Lithium, remote has been rock solid since.

Thanks for the reply, that is interesting indeed. I Believe the batteries I used were a fresh set of batteries. but I will try another set or maybe just flipping them.

I will give this mute button a try in another computer and see what happens.

I was also running windows 10.

But when I press the mute button, it mutes like for 0.1 second, and then it unmutes automatically. You can almost hear the small frame of time where it was muted for. I am getting the feeling that the mute button might be double pressing and the remote is sending out 2 presses everytime I press the button once?

I'll try it out on the other pc and see what happens.

Otherwise, this remote has been great. The IR learning feature really works and helps cut down on the number of remotes needed in the house.
Another T3 question.

Whats the equivilant of pressing the BACKSPACE button on kodi in the T3 remote? every time I need to press the backspace button, I have to press the HOME button on my T3 which goes to the "..." line that is usually at the top of the kodi menu and then press the OK button so that it can go one back, as the BACKSPACE button would do in kodi if using a full computer.

the two return and del key don't really go back in kodi as the BACKSPACE button does.
Another T3 question.

Whats the equivilant of pressing the BACKSPACE button on kodi in the T3 remote? every time I need to press the backspace button, I have to press the HOME button on my T3 which goes to the "..." line that is usually at the top of the kodi menu and then press the OK button so that it can go one back, as the BACKSPACE button would do in kodi if using a full computer.

the two return and del key don't really go back in kodi as the BACKSPACE button does.
(2016-12-13, 09:44)TAagam Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-12, 20:58)dasco Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi TAagam,

Thanks for the reply, that is interesting indeed. I Believe the batteries I used were a fresh set of batteries. but I will try another set or maybe just flipping them.

But when I press the mute button, it mutes like for 0.1 second, and then it unmutes automatically. You can almost hear the small frame of time where it was muted for.

Otherwise, this remote has been great. The IR learning feature really works and helps cut down on the number of remotes needed in the house.

Mute button works fine with my Android box.

Maybe you are holding the key too long and it is rolling over, or have a faulty unit the remote is sending the key press twice
(2016-12-13, 09:51)Jeffers24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-13, 09:44)TAagam Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-12, 20:58)dasco Wrote: [ -> ]Hi TAagam,

But when I press the mute button, it mutes like for 0.1 second, and then it unmutes automatically. You can almost hear the small frame of time where it was muted for.

Maybe you are holding the key too long and it is rolling over, or have a faulty unit the remote is sending the key press twice

Im positive im not holding it for very long. I think its sending two key presses but I'll try it out on another pc and see what happens.

Also, when you press the MUTE button, does it mute the windows volume or the kodi volume, while kodi is running.

also did you read the backspace question? is there an equivalent for the backspace button?

thanks
(2016-12-13, 13:13)TAagam Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-13, 09:51)Jeffers24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-13, 09:44)TAagam Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the reply, that is interesting indeed. I Believe the batteries I used were a fresh set of batteries. but I will try another set or maybe just flipping them.

Im positive im not holding it for very long. I think its sending two key presses but I'll try it out on another pc and see what happens.

Also, when you press the MUTE button, does it mute the windows volume or the kodi volume, while kodi is running.

also did you read the backspace question? is there an equivalent for the backspace button?

thanks

Just tested mute button on my Android box, outside Kodi, played an mp4 video using ESFileExplorer, mute works fine.

My back key, blue button above the mute button, also works fine.
(2016-11-20, 02:15)xsrage Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, Forum noob here. I just got my hands on one of these remotes and for me it works great on my android box without any mods just plug and play. However, I also have a retropie (rasberrypi3) with kodi and the remote only works as an air mouse and the keyboard does nothing.
(2016-11-22, 09:36)bacsom Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your time. Unfortunately that topic was no help. I only have problem with this particular remote. Other remotes, or regular keyboards or mice work well. I did some testing and it seems that KODI 15.2 from the original repo works fine (and has the black screen issue), 16.1 from Piplware repo only recognise T3 in mouse mode. :-(
(2016-11-22, 14:13)dasco Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully bacsom, someone with a RPi can chime in and let us know if the remote works for them and can offer some assistance. Otherwise i will update my first post detailing issues with the remote with Rasberry Pi and Kodi 16.1 for other Pi users who may be interested in purchasing.

I'm running a Raspberry Pi 3 with a pre-made Recalbox/LibreElec dual boot image, not sure if I'd be allowed to post a URL to the creator's site so I won't. LibreElec is 7.0.2 and Kodi is 16.1 .

I've only been using it for several minutes but I can at least confirm that the remote does work with mouse mode off, basic stuff all seems to work OK, mute works, keyboard side also working fine so far.
(2016-12-13, 19:45)Jeffers24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-13, 13:13)TAagam Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-13, 09:51)Jeffers24 Wrote: [ -> ]Mute button works fine with my Android box.

thanks

Just tested mute button on my Android box, outside Kodi, played an mp4 video using ESFileExplorer, mute works fine.

That is interesting, for me, the blue button above the mute functions like a home button. When I press it, it takes me out of all the menus and sends me back to the main menu of kodi.

the button to the right (above the toggle for airmouse) is functioning as an enter or a left click. is that one normal?

This is on windows 10 running kodi

EdiT: ok i tried it on another computer running windows 8, now the mute button does what it is supposed to do but the backspace button (blue button above mute button) does not work as its supposed to work.
wow the buttons appear more messed up on windows 8. the "Internet explorer" button doesn't do anything (on w10, it launches the edge browser). but the "Mail" button is the one that opens up chrome on w8.

does anyone know if there is any way to fix these key presses?
(2016-10-03, 03:46)bam80 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-02, 09:04)c-shadow Wrote: [ -> ]the key with overlapping rectangles is not even registering in linux.
You could use the key with rectangles also.
Hint: tune .config/hardwaredb.d for the remote.
I'll post my settings later

Hello bam80,
I'm very interested in your solution, could you post some more info about "tune .config/hardwaredb.d"? I searched up and down without success.

TIA!
(2016-12-14, 10:23)TAagam Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-13, 19:45)Jeffers24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-13, 13:13)TAagam Wrote: [ -> ]Im positive im not holding it for very long. I think its sending two key presses but I'll try it out on another pc and see what happens.

thanks

That is interesting, for me, the blue button above the mute functions like a home button. When I press it, it takes me out of all the menus and sends me back to the main menu of kodi.

the button to the right (above the toggle for airmouse) is functioning as an enter or a left click. is that one normal?

EdiT: ok i tried it on another computer running windows 8, now the mute button does what it is supposed to do but the backspace button (blue button above mute button) does not work as its supposed to work.
wow the buttons appear more messed up on windows 8. the "Internet explorer" button doesn't do anything (on w10, it launches the edge browser). but the "Mail" button is the one that opens up chrome on w8.

Do you have a keymap file already installed in your Kodi userdata file from a previous remote.
(2016-12-14, 12:59)dasco Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-14, 10:23)TAagam Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-13, 19:45)Jeffers24 Wrote: [ -> ]Just tested mute button on my Android box, outside Kodi, played an mp4 video using ESFileExplorer, mute works fine.

Do you have a keymap file already installed in your Kodi userdata file from a previous remote.

I don't have any keymaping done. I also did a fresh kodi reinstall but same issues. After trying out all the presses, I figured out that the "Del" key above the yellowIR key is acting as a backspace key. And the "back" key above mute button is acting as a home key.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18